Yonex Nanoray 700 FX / 700 RP (NR700FX / NR700RP)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    off topic. do you mind posting some pictures of your cab16 in a new thread? i haven't see one for years...

2. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    Will do I have been meaning too in the broken racket thread.

3. vdanvung

vdanvung Regular Member

IT
    hi there, thinking of buying the nanoray series racket, but want to know where does the racket stand in the badminton racket chart. is it head heavy, repulsion? ...or head light repulsion?. any one can help, dont want to buy unless certain for my play.

4. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

had a full day with the nanoray fx. not quite my cup of tea. its got a funny frame. head light, and a weird overall stiffness. the cross section of the head also seems more than other rackets. its good for netplay, not any better than others though. i found it difficult to generate power for clears. Feel is good but its no z-slash.

wierd thing is that it plays a lot like my carlton vapor trail tour. so, if the nanoray fx is your thing, save a few bucks and get the VTT instead.

my 2c.

asmd.

5. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    I have had two weeks with FX now, at first I absolutely hated it, found the flex in the racket really off putting, felt like my smashes were spongy and didn't sound right, I couldn't workout how to generate power or how to do drop shots, but honestly the more time I spend with it the more confident I am with its just a matter of adapting to your equipment and not so much the other way around, atleast not for someone who plays only as a hobby.

I don't have much to compare it with I have played with a few cheaper yonex rackets that we have at our club, compared to those its miles better. I still sometimes get confused with grip positioning because of the different overall dimensions to my old faithful cab 16, but its all about adapting, learning and improving and thats what makes the game fun for me.

Its expensive and from what I see from other players in my club using APACS, Victors other Yonex rackets that are much cheaper and I have had a hit or two with them honestly I prefer my FX but that could be just because its my own racket.

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I gotta say I had a look at these recently, and the graphic design is brilliant - especially the RP.

7. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Finaly some reviews! But I would like to hear from someone that are used to play with yonex head light rackets. How does Nanoray 700 compare to Nanospeed 7000 for instance? On paper it seems pretty much the same. What are the main differences?

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    come on guys... more review please...;)

9. zeus19

zeus19 New Member

is there any nanoray serial replace for NS9900? I'm using NS9900 and hope that it will not be replace, because it's too expensive :D!!!

10. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I hit around a little with the RP and I can't stand it. I'll borrow it on saturday for the whole day and give my review of it but I don't have high hopes for it.

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You are right in general. However, there are difference between the 2 flavors of NR700. NR700 FX has a little longer shaft and is easier of the 2. In NS line, yes, NS7000 is the closest model to NR700 fx and NR700 rp is much stiffer than NS700. I like the NR700 fx over rp. Both defend extremely well. However, rp is stiffer with shorter shaft,the control is the best of all YY racquet I played. fx gives me the little more power when I needed. If I play location and not smashing, both NR700 are great choice. However, the smash does suffer.

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Bet your house on it, and there's a good chance that the NR900 (or whatever it'll be called) will be out for the All England next year.

13. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

So I played a few matches with the RP now.

700RP US code 4u with a pretty thick grip (not my racket).
    26lbs BG66 ultimax. I would call myself a intermediate player.

After the warm-up the racket felt REALLY good. Initially I thought that it would have no power on it but I just had to adjust my swing a little and it had plenty of pop. I usually play with a 3u Ti-10 3rd gen or a Trinity Pro. The 700RP swung MUCH faster than both these rackets and initially I couldn't get any power from it but after changing my swing and timing it all came around.

Clears:
    I think they were pretty effortless. I just had to remember to swing fast and let the racket do the work. If you swing a little slower it will seriously drop in at 1/2 court. Backhand clears were really easy for some reason (and i'm really not that good at it). Very good accuracy left-right. Still had to get used to depth accuracy.

Smashes:
    Initially couldn't get any power but after just focusing on swing speed and timing it hit with enough pop. Placement was pin-point. I don't know if I would be tired at the end of the session but I really couldn't back off much from the shot unless you wanted it to just float over the net. Maybe some more time with it would help with power control.

Drops:
    Maybe it wasn't my night, but I couldn't get many net drops over. Came up a little short all the time. Probably not used to the headlight racket. From the back it was the same thing. Need to give it a little more push to get it over. Direction wise it was great.

Smash return:
    Drop/drive return was very easy. Clear smash returns took a little more effort than with my other rackets. Placement was very precise. I believe with more use I could probably get the clear returns better, probably has to do with timing since i does swing pretty fast.

Drives:
    Very precise on the drives, but it did take a little more effort to drive it down with some umph. Not a big issue and with more use could definitely be very effective.

Overall:
    I was very impressed in this session with the racket. I do feel that if you have a strong wrist and decent technique you can get a lot of pop from it and will like it. I also think you might get tired because you need the extra wrist to put any power behind it. Not an effortless racket to use, but if you can handle it you will like it. Very pin-point in accuracy. I probably wouldn't buy one for myself given the price, but if it were in the $150-160 range I would.

#213 dimcorner, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  14. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Tried the RP the first time on Monday night ... love it. Have been using the Voltric 80 for the last 8 weeks. Kept switching between the 2 racquets that evening. The RP seems to be a bit faster and sharper in smashing, but otherwise I love both. Will try again tonight. Was using the RP in 3UG4 strung at 26/28 #s with BG85.

15. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i'm confuse..fx mean flexible, generate pwer smash but rp, repulsion not for power smash it for control..

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'd be very interested in your response to my questions: :)

When you said you had to adjust your swing and timing, could you elaborate? Do you have to reduce swing, increase speed...?

What about the sweet spot? Do you think there is any difference in the size and position of the sweet spot compared to the other racquets yu have used?

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    just got n700fx today. spec 3u and G5. strung with bg80@30lbs and played 2 hours at night.

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    just to share my new n700fx my Nanoray700fx.jpg . After I compare the lenght of this racket shaft between ti10-3rd gen, vt80, sw35 and vt70, this has the shortest shaft. But spec of this racket is long. Which one is Long I still confuse.

19. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Bro,
    Can share full report today, many of us r dying for it...plzzzzzz
    Compare to ns9900 n ns9000 will be great...

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    after played 2 hours with n700fx last night, i feel that the shaft is stiffer than vt80. fx is not mean flexible on shaft,but it is flex on frame. grommet system is same with arc 8dx which i dont like because eventhough you string with high tension you will fell soft when the shuttle hit at the sweep spot area...lol