Best medium flex racket that can hold up to 26lbs string.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by michaelbyz23, Nov 22, 2011.

1. michaelbyz23

michaelbyz23 Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,I realize stiff racket is not suitable for me. My hand I always painful after using stiff racket. What racket do you recommend for me. Prefer medium stiff that can hold up to 26lbs. I will string it at 24-25lbs. Budget below 200usd.Thanks

2. andrewlauhs

andrewlauhs Regular Member

what stiff racket are you using??

3. michaelbyz23

Student
    i used li ning n90ii. and it broke. so i need a new racket that is not too stiff. maybe slightly above medium stiff.

4. michaelbyz23

Student
    so, what racket do you guys recommend me to get? medium stiff, slightly towards more stiff.
    voltric 70 is good choice?

5. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    If you told us your preferred balance, that would help too. But good choices would be voltric 70, arcsaber 10 and victor bravesword 9.

6. michaelbyz23

Student
    yes, i would prefer head heavy. isnt arc saber 10 stiff?
    i need medium stiff and prefer head heavy. price is not matter.. as long as its good.

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I would advise you to give the Voltric 70 a try. It is medium stiff and head heavy, and should be priced lower than USD200.

8. michaelbyz23

Student
    okay. but i checked sohubuy website, its stated as stiff. how come?
    i checked yonex official website, its medium. so, it is medium right?

thanks blitzzards for the advice.

9. EdwardCali

EdwardCali Regular Member

Yonex Voltric 70 thoughts and ramblings

I am the owner of a Yonex Voltric 70, (4u, strung with Nanogy 95 at 26 pounds) and here are my opinions
    Head-Heavy, feels like a mix between the Armortec 900 Power and Technique.
    I would say the weight is predominantly located in the head.
    Its very aerodynamic, incorporates arcsaber z-slash qualities
    WAY MORE CONSISTENT than the z-slash, I can say this because I have used both racquets extensively. While the z-slash can give you more power, it sacrifices a huge amount of consistency. I feel that this is why the 70 is better than the z slash in many categories.
    Clears, Smashes:
    Effortless. If you have good technique, it doesn't really hinder you. I wouldn't say the shaft is medium flex, but more of a medium-stiff flex.
    This racquet has a huge amount of power inside just waiting to be unleashed...
    Drives, Drops, Netkills:
    This thing is a beast at front court considering its head heavy. With the aerodynamic qualities of a z-slash, this thing will actually block more smashes than you think. It may not be as fast as a Nanospeed, but its pretty darn close. Drives are a ton of fun when executed with right technique, as you can feel the meat of the drives.
    Dropshots:
    I put this into its own category because this is what makes me win points.
    They are EXTREMELY good at check/half smashes and fast dropshots. However, slow dropshots are not as good but still decent.
    Overall thoughts.
    If you are looking for power, but with decent defense, this is the perfect racquet for you. If you do not like stiff shafts but like the power and speed of the Voltric series, than get this racquet immediatley. I think that this racquet will reward a playstyle with offensive punch clears, smashes, and fast drops. Basically, a high-speed offensive game.
    Comparisons
    Arcsaber 10- more all- around
    Voltric 80- just as good as the 70, if not more. The only difference, is the shaft stiffness. If you are an advanced player that prefers stiff shafts, by all means, get the 80.
    Voltric 60- More of a defensive raquet. I would say its a mix between the Nanospeeds and the Armortecs. The weight of the raquet is slightly head heavy. You get a huge amount of control but you sacrifice power. (Note: THIS IS A VERY SEXY RACQUET, but looks are deceiving :p) if you don't know what I'm talking about, heres a picture of it
    http://www.ukrackets.com/rackets/shopimages/products/normal/yonex-voltric-60.jpg
    Comparison within the Voltric series
    Voltric 60-suits a defensive/control playstyle
    Voltric 70- Arcsaber 10 feel with more power, great for intermediate-advanced. If you prefer flex shafts, go with this
    Voltric 80-BEAST, but I only recommend this racquet if you are advanced because of the shaft stiffness. If you like stiff shafts, go with this.
    Hope I helped you guys.
    Edward

10. EdwardCali

EdwardCali Regular Member

Yonex Voltric 70 thoughts and ramblings

I am the owner of a Yonex Voltric 70, (4u, strung with Nanogy 95 at 26 pounds) and here are my opinions.Head-Heavy, feels like a mix between the Armortec 900 Power and Technique.I would say the weight is predominantly located in the head.Its very aerodynamic, incorporates arcsaber z-slash qualities;WAY MORE CONSISTENT than the z-slash, I can say this because I have used both racquets extensively. While the z-slash can give you more power, it sacrifices a huge amount of consistency. I feel that this is why the 70 is better than the z slash in many categories.Clears, Smashes:Effortless. If you have good technique, it doesn't really hinder you. I wouldn't say the shaft is medium flex, but more of a medium-stiff flex.This racquet has a huge amount of power inside just waiting to be unleashed...Drives, Drops, Netkills:This thing is a beast at front court considering its head heavy. With the aerodynamic qualities of a z-slash, this thing will actually block more smashes than you think. It may not be as fast as a Nanospeed, but its pretty darn close. Drives are a ton of fun when executed with right technique, as you can feel the meat of the drives.Dropshots:I put this into its own category because this is what makes me win points.They are EXTREMELY good at check/half smashes and dropshots. However, slow dropshots are not as good but still decent.Overall thoughts.If you are looking for power, but with decent defense, this is the perfect racquet for you. If you do not like stiff shafts but like the power and speed of the Voltric series, than get this racquet immediatley. I think that this racquet will reward a playstyle with offensive punch clears, smashes, and fast drops. Basically, a high-speed offensive game. Comparisons: Arcsaber 10- more all- around Voltric 80- just as good as the 70, if not more. The only difference, is the shaft stiffness. If you are an advanced player that prefers stiff shafts, by all means, get the 80. Voltric 60- More of a defensive raquet. I would say its a mix between the Nanospeeds and the Armortecs. The weight of the raquet is slightly head heavy. You get a huge amount of control but you sacrifice power. (Note: THIS IS A VERY SEXY RACQUET, but looks are deceiving if you don't know what I'm talking about, heres a picture of it http://www.ukrackets.com/rackets/shopimages/products/normal/yonex-voltric-60.jpg) Comparison within the Voltric series:Voltric 60-suits a defensive/control playstyle Voltric 70- Arcsaber 10 feel with more power, great for intermediate-advanced. If you prefer flex shafts, go with this.Voltric 80-BEAST, but I only recommend this racquet if you are advanced because of the shaft stiffness. If you like stiff shafts, go with this.Hope I helped you guys.Edward

11. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

I have similar thoughts... (A little bit) Head Heavy and medium flex would be also fine for my playing style. My cuttent Recket is a FZ Forza 550 Very Stiff and I feel my shoulder after each match...( http://shop.badmintonversand.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1171 )

I thought about Li-Ning N70-II or Victor Brave Sword 09...they are both medium & hh...

Anbody with reviews or experience?

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    What about a Victor Super Waves 33 Power? Mid stiff and HH. BS09 is not hh. SW33P is at 75 € available. Falls du den 550 VS verkaufen willst, ich hätte Interesse. :)

13. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i think u shud try victor super waves 33 control :) mid flex racket :)

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Control is even balanced and not head heavy.

15. michaelbyz23

Student
    thank you edward for the help!
    next question is, what string should i choose? bg65? bg66? ngb95?
    I am thinking of strining it either 24lbs or 25lbs.

16. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Wow...that sucks. Didn't you just recently get the Li-Ning N90II? Hope your next racket lasts longer.

17. michaelbyz23

Student
    yea. it lasted for about 2 weeks. i dived to return a sharp drop shot. and the racket went on the ground first. but i remembered it didnt hit that hard. but still, it broke.
    im going to invest my money on yonex now.
    hopefully the voltric 70 suits my style.

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It was a blatant fake though, so what did you expect?:)

Next time buy from a reliable source!:)

19. michaelbyz23

Student
    yea, this time im getting from sohubuy. voltric 70 with EMS shipping to USA for 180USD.
    but the strng he give is bg65, do you think its good one? i need durability. probably i should go for nbg 95 (the best string). what do you guys think?

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Most of us, would again say that NBG95 isn't the best, YY rate it highly but at low tensions, it isn't amazing. String is far too subjective though. BG80 is nice, but string 1lbs lower, cause of the "hard feel" (IMO)

Have you considered MX70? SW37?