BAG951W vs BAG1111W (Comparison Review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by yankiat, Jan 15, 2011.

1. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Model Code:
    Old model - BAG951W (discontinued model but you can try your luck…)
    New model - BAG1111W

The new model code/name has additional 1 digit and perhaps easier to be remembered (1111).

Measurement:
    BAG951W - 75 x 18 x 32 (cm)
    BAG1111W - 75 x 18 x 35 (cm)

BAG1111W is slightly greater in terms of height. No changes to the length and width size of the bag.

Selling Price:
    BAG1111W is slightly cheaper than BAG951W

Colour Scheme:
    Both bags are black on external but there’s a difference on the internal colour. BAG951W has cool neon green linen but BAG1111W is in yellowish linen. Personally, I find that neon green linen looks much more attractive as the colour is vibrant compared to the yellowish linen which is a bit dull, perhaps it is due to the sharpness of the colour but I would say it is still an eye-catching from far.

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

Design:
    Both bags are still maintained with the same design, which is black rectangular rugged bag that looks more like a travelling bag / luggage. The noticeable difference is the shape, where BAG951W is square at all 4 corners (top and bottom) of the bag but BAG1111W has a roundish design at top 4 corners.

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

Material:
    External: Both bags have thick material resembles canvas feel but BAG1111W has a much smoother textile compared to BAG951W. Also, BAG1111W appears to be shinning due to the fine quality of the material. Although both bags built with thick material, but it is light when it’s emptied. So, there’s no problem for you to stuff a lot of badminton gear and carry the bag on your shoulder. Do take note that both bags are not with thermal and water proof technology.

Internal: Both bags have the same linen material on the inner part but the linen in front part of racket compartment and back part of main compartment is removed in BAG1111W leaving the cushion/padded directly exposed, which would prone to damage after long period of use.

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

Zip:
    There’s a big improvement in this area. From small metal zip with black thin leather strips attached to every zip, to bigger metal (bronze colour) zip engraved with “Yonex” logo along with a hole for you to tie fashionable key chain dolls to further beautify the bag. Zipping and unzipping for both bags is smooth and effortlessly but in terms of durability, BAG1111W is definitely a winner in this area.

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

Compartments:
    Front compartment: There are 3 compartments for BAG951W which one (centre) is with zip and other two (left and right) is an open type. As for BAG1111W, it has only 2 compartments but both with zips which is a better design to secure your items and prevent it from falling out. Although BAG1111W has only 2 compartments but it is still able to hold up items as much as BAG951W does as both have equally same size of storage space. An ideal compartment to keep miscellaneous items such as wallet, watch and etc as long as it’s not something sharp, or else it can damage these compartments.

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

Racket compartment: Both bag’s racket compartment is sufficient to hold up to 4 rackets but you may add in more if you are not worried of damaging your rackets/bag.

Main compartment: Both bags have mesh pocket in main compartment but BAG1111W has a smaller one (size reduced by half) compared to BAG951W. IMO, there’s nothing much you can keep here as any sharp or heavy item can easily damage the pocket in long run. One I could think of is empty plastic bag (to keep your smelly and wet clothes after game). As for the main compartment, it can hold up 6-8 shirts, 2-4 shorts, 2 long towels, 2 socks, bottles, 1-2 tubes of birdie and pair of shoes. There is no shoe compartment in both bags but you can make a partition available to form a shoe compartment. FYI, I don’t practice this as it restraints me from keeping more stuff (lack of flexibility).

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

Back compartment: Likewise, the back compartment of BAG1111W is also smaller compared to BAG951W. You may keep any small miscellaneous items in this compartment. For sharp items like scissors and nail clipper, I would advice you to keep it in a small bag then only put it in this compartment.

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

Emblem:
    Main differences in this area are the position and material of emblem. The position of emblem “Yonex” for BAG951W is at the centre bottom of the bag whereas BAG1111W is at middle right. Emblem for BAG951W is in printed form whereas for BAG1111W gives you a solid feel as it is made of rubber which is glued on the bag. Although emblem is not an important area but it still carries some weights because when both bags are put on floor, the emblem for BAG1111W is noticeable from far but for BAG951W can hardly be seen.

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

Padded Shoulder Sling:
    In short, shoulder sling for BAG1111W is much more padded. Thus, it gives you more comfy feel when carrying the bag especially when it is heavy.

IMG_0652.JPG

Shoulder Sling Hook:
    Obviously, the shoulder sling hook for BAG951W will be more durable as it is made from metal whereas for BAG1111W is made from plastic.

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

Shoe Bag:
    Both bags come with a shoe bag.

IMG_0653.JPG

Summary:
    Both bags are still maintaining a unique design which is sleek and professional. It doesn’t seem like a badminton bag at all which allows you to carry the bag freely to your work place or travel along with badminton gear. You might want to know which bag is better, but it is very much depends on individual preference and taste. For instance, one may choose the facelift/minor change of Toyota Camry but another prefers the former. In summary, these badminton bags are the most outstanding design and definitely a worth buy.

#1 yankiat, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. manabu

manabu Regular Member

Dr
    great review Yankiat! This low profile, stealth type of badminton bag is great for business travel, too bad there isn't alot of choices at the moment. I have been eyeing on the 951 for some time and now it seems like the 1111 is the new champion. Too bad JP bags aren't available to most parts of the world, I may end up sourcing from shuttle house if I can't find them elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing the valuable info once again and keep up the good work!

3. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Thanks Manubu!

Yes. Shuttle-House would be the best place to purchase but for some countries, payment via cc is not allowed due to fraud issue. So customer is required to do bank transfer which the bank charges is killing.

Alternatively, you may ask friends to buy it if they travel to Japan. It helps to save a lot in that way..
    Hope you get one for yourself very soon! Thanks again!

4. niGht kiD

niGht kiD Regular Member

EXCELLENT review :cool:

5. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Thanks. Hope it is not too lengthy..

6. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i have a few stock of 951W, PM me if you interested

7. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

Just to update.
    One of the leather strip (BAG951W) at zip came off last night, as expected in my review.

8. mikesalim

mikesalim Regular Member

IT
    so which one is actually better? from the photos, i still prefer the 951W one instead of the 1111W.

Anyone know where I can get the JP version now? I'm in Sydney btw, and I don't mind buying it online.

I know this is dicontinued. Just trying my luck :D

9. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

I like both and I have both of these bags. It's kinda difficult to choose which one is better though from my point of view. After all, these bags carry unique design with almost same specs. Hope you get either one for yourself soon! :)

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Not bad my friend. :) Good work.

11. mikesalim

mikesalim Regular Member

IT
    In terms of shape....i like the 951 better...cuz from the review the shape of the 1111 have a little round in the corner...hahahaha since these type of bag is not available in aus...i can't really see it myself :(