SportChek stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kingkong, Dec 18, 2002.

1. ed103194

ed103194 Regular Member

2. Mysteryimpt

Mysteryimpt Regular Member

Student/Part-time Engineer
    comeing from Hongkong...I checked this guy out earlier today... Are the strings Authentic?

3. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    all listings say authentic and through 214 ebay transactions, he has 100% positive feedback.
    It's safe to say its authentic.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Does anybody know what cleves (source for sports) is like for restringing had an arc 10 strung there and after all the sport chek stuff im worrying about hitting with these strings lol

5. monticore

monticore Regular Member

do stringers normally replace broken grommets when doing a job or at least mention it.

cory

6. monticore

monticore Regular Member

here is a pic of a racket i had done does it look ok, pic might not be the best.

where i had strung the guy knew nothing but it was either him or sportscheck, plus it looks like the highschool kids were doing to job not him, could be good or bad.

[​IMG]

cory

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Cory, that racket is too valuable to risk any mishaps. Stencil's cool though :p.

8. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i think to relieve the stress of having other people strining i will jus bye myself a stringer and learn myself. practicing on cheap rackets of course, plus i know the local hs badminton team coaches and teachers and once i am confident it shouldn;t be a problem getting business to pay the machine off.

cory

9. monticore

monticore Regular Member

so the this string job lasted a whole 5 minutes during a warmup bg -65 at 20 lbs (felt more like 18) broke at b1-b2 . i should be able to hit golfballs with bg-65 at 20lbs without breaking

cory

10. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Some of the guys working at my store mess up the string job by accidently scratching/fraying the string in a spot a bit. This causes it to break faster. Of course, I don't get them to do it, I had the guy teach me the basics and I learned my own technique which is pretty nice. All the guys that works in the shop at my store, says they HATE stringing badminton rackets.

11. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i think that seems to be one of the major problems people hate to string badminton, therefore they don;t put in the time needed to learn how to do it properly. the store where i had gotten mine both guys were complaining how much longer/harder badminton was they kinda made a face when they saw my racquets.

cory

12. druss

druss Regular Member

What a bunch of whiners... they are getting paid by the hour to do a job... just do it and stop the whining... Whether it's hard or easy, fast or slow shouldn't matter when you're getting paid to do it.

13. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I completely agree with you. The funny thing is the company loses more money than it gains by offering badminton stringing LOL

14. TheBadStringer

TheBadStringer New Member

Sports Experts is not much better in the Montreal Area.

I had a similar unpleasant experience at the Sports Experts in Brossard.

The stringer damaged the paint on the frame of my racquet, and when I went back to the staff to voice my disatissfaction, and asked them if they had white paint to repair what they had caused, they left me very bitter, telling me to go to Canadian Tire to buy paint to cover up their mistake, offering no appologies.

I ended up spending an additional $$$ on oil based paints markers to "repair" their mistake, but to no avail. The dents remained after applying the paint job and are still clearly visible.

I had taken pictures of my racquet prior to the stringing, which revealled no such missing chunks of paints and visible dents.

Seriously folks, DON'T RESTRING your racquet at the Brossard Store...

15. ilostmybrain

ilostmybrain Regular Member

Student
    *Faints* xD, these stories are pretty gruesome...but lol, seeing this allows me such a big job opportunity, I'm 16 and I know my patterns well...do you think i'm better off applying for a job or start my own business and buy a machine? xD