Yonex Nanoray 700 FX / 700 RP (NR700FX / NR700RP)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i recommend this racket, u will like it more and more....

2. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

In the Netherlands, they don't deliver the weight and gripsize I wanted. So I had to order it in Asia. I'll receive it at the end of this month together with my Ti10LTD.:)

3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    what weight and grip size u want?

4. CarbonexFan

Reference is always 3U-G4. They only deliver 3U-G3 or 4U-G4. Different grip size has a big influence on the racket feel, so I prefer to hold on G4 as my grip size. Not sure if the Nanoray is still a head light racket, but a 4U head light racket is too light for me.

5. devilkupo

devilkupo Regular Member

student
    I'm looking forward to buy nanoray 700 FX, I'm a Intermediate player with Ti-10(3rd Gen) user(Hard Hitter), Can I hear someone's feedback on this racket? Does or will it suits me if I Switch to NR 700FX?Will it affect my smashing power if switch to this racket? Kinda feel tired of using Super stiff racket and heavy racket, trying to make my game more easier and comfortable...Since that i also saw that lin dan has change his racket to a lighter racket haha =P LOL

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    the racket is headlight. the kick point is closer to tjoint.

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    before this i want to buy ti10 too, but due to it cant stand for higher tension so i' m cancel to buy it until i nanoray released. if you're hard hitter, i think no problem u get this racket and string with high tension. on power wise, it so powerful once u know how to generate it.

8. CarbonexFan

Finally got my two Nanorays and Ti10LTD yesterday! Think I'm gonna string them according to Yonex recommendations. The max tension is only 11 kg for hte 3U-G4 version so I think I'll stick with that. Not sure about what string to use. According to Yonex:

Nanoray 700RP
    Power: BG66U
    Control: NBG98

Nanoray 700FX
    Power: NBG98
    Control: BG66M

So it's a little bit strange to string the opposite strings for power or control for both rackets. Still not sure what string to use. Have them all.

Cannot say anything about the balance, but the frame design is a little bit different compared to the other rackets. They say it's a thinner top, but it's nowhere close to the slim head design of the other rackets. I would rate it more a aerodynamic head, but it's doesn't come as a surprise when they sell it as a speed racket. I would have loved it when it's rated as replacement of the Nanospeed 9900, but the resistance will be different. I think it will be closer to the Nanospeed 9000 Type-X/S since they also have to different stifnesses. If they have a soft feeling, it might be close to a Nanospeed 7000 or 7700 too! But can only conclude this after string and playing with it.

As for the Ti10LTD, the max. string tension of 9,5 kg is indeed low compared to the Nanorays.

9. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    recommended string for both racket is contra between each other bcos each racket got different chateristic on racket head flexibility.

10. betazone

betazone Regular Member

Just tried out 700RP with NBG98 at 26lbs. Excellent control at the net, defence, mid-court drive, rear court drop/chop but not so strong on back court all-out smash/clear. So far the racquet has performed similar to what has been reviewed here http://badmintan.blogspot.com/2011/09/yonex-nanoray-700-rp-review.html To sum up, this is a great racquet for doubles especially front court player....drop in power at the back not sure is it due to string or not used to it(i was using armortec all along), but I still get alot of winners from drop/half-smash as it is so easy to place with this racquet. Maybe will string it with BG80 or BG66 next. Did not try it on singles though.

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    n700rp with nbg98 so it became control racket. so what mr carbonex mentioned is correct.

12. kristian

kristian Regular Member

700fx

hi all, i am going to buy nanoray 700 FX, because I see the Toughflex material is inserted on the upper middle of the frame ,like at900P inserted by gummetal. it is means this racket is better at smash than 700RP which inserted the new fullrene material in the lower side of the frame, near T joint , like at 900T.

but my question is how is 700FX smash compare to nanospeed 9900 and nano 9000x smash, is it better?

and question no 2: is I cant make a faster shot with this racket than nano 9900 or nano 9000?

please advise, or give the review about this racket.

13. CarbonexFan

So I desided to try the BG66 series on the rackets:

Nanoray 700RP
    Power: BG66U

Nanoray 700FX
    Control: BG66M

Also prepared some rackets to test. Fist thing I wanted to know, is which racket(s) are built on the same concept of the NR700 series. I have the NS9900, NS9900S and the NS7700 here and took some pictures:

NanoChallenge.jpg

So we have the NR700RP, NR700FX, NS7700, NS9000S and the NS9900. First the handles:

Nanoray700HandlesCompare.jpg

You can see that the handle of the NS7700 is the shortest, but the longer cap makes it longer. The NR700FX has the second shortest, but it's not a lot. The NS9900, NS9000S and the NR700RP are almost the same length. Next we look at the heads:
    Nanoray700FrameThickness.JPG

The funny thing about this comparisation, it that the NR700 series has the same thickness as the NS7700. The NS9000S has a less thicker frame and the NS9900 is the thinnest of them all by far. I would have expected similarities with the NS9000 series, but the had looks almost an exact copy of the NS7700. There are some small differences:

Nanoray700Head.jpg

If you look closely to the picture above to where the tube sink in the frame, the frame also suddenly becomes smaller. The frame on the NS7700 is more equally getting smaller towards the top.

RayVSSpeedFrameOutside.jpg

Even all positions of the tubes are the same. Some positions where the main strings and cross strings will cross, the NR700 only use the newer oval ones.

RayVSSpeedFrameInside.jpg

Even the inside of the head has a line (Inside of the Power Armor frame) which is the same, but that from the NS7700 is a little shorter. So I decided to read what was unique on the Nanoray 700 series and one of them was the unique head design which was wide on the lower half for more repulsion and thin on the upper side for less air resistance. But as far as I can see, the widebody isometric frame, is almost the same! Just to be sure, I also measure the thickness of the upper frame (not how wide it is) but the top of the NS7700 is even smaller!

So my first conclusion, if it's unique, it's not optical. The NR700 will be more suitable for doubles compared to the NS7700 because it has a longer handle. In terms of air resistance and balance, it's very similar. To answer Kristian's 2nd question: I also manage to swing all these rackets, but the NS9900 is the fastest of them all. You can even hear the difference because the tone is the highest of the NS9900 and it also is the fastest (not sound only). The air resistance of the NR700's are almost/exactly the same as the NS7700 and the NS9000S. If there is any difference, it has to be the material used in combination of the frame design. Pure based on the design, it is an advanced NS7700.

Attached Files:

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    very nice...we enjoy your tour.. i think none of yonex's pro having all the yonex racket.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

@CarbonexFan: interesting.... bring on the NR900! :D

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    what i can summarise is 700fx racket having kick point nearer to the Tjoint, so in order u unleash the power is u have to swing the racket head before contact with shuttle veryveryveryveryvery fast.

17. kristian

kristian Regular Member

Oh my gosh, so this racket is same as nano 9000 ;p

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So, should I then surmise as follows?

RP= RePulsion
    FX=Extra Force

19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    fx is flexible. doesnt require extra force, but it require extra speed of racket head for smashing.

20. CarbonexFan

Last night, I finally had the opportunity to test above rackets. Because this thread is about the NR700 series, I'll summarize my review based on these rackets.

At first, I would have expected the same feeling as the NS7700, because visually, the frame looks the same. Luckily, except for the swing speed, we're talking about completely different rackets in terms of feeling, power and control. The NS7700 was designed to dampening all vibrations which makes the racket rather soft feeling. The NR700's felt both more solid, stiffer and has more impact feeling. I would categorize the feeling more of the 'modern rackets'. I also manage to get more power out of the NR700's compared to the NS7700. In all aspects, I would say the NR700's are better than the NS7700, except for dampening vibrations. The swing speed is as expected, the same.

A more interesting racket to compare with, is the NS9000S and NS9000X. My brother also took he's NS9000X with him, so we could compare this also. But the NS9000S and NS9000X is very close to each other compared to the other rackets. So using the NS9000S was enough. The swing speed was almost the same as the NR700's and the NS7700. Powerwise, I would call the NS9000S the winner over the NR700's. In terms of defense and control, I like the NR700's more. The stiffer shaft makes controlling the shuttle easier to return the shuttle but also at the net.

The NS9900 is in my opinion the best Nanospeed in terms of speed, power and control, so the final question was, are the NR700's better than the NS9900? The answer I would give is a fully NO. The speed of the NS9900 is still faster and it gave me more feedback. I could get more power easily out of the NS9900. The only thing I doubted was the control of the NR700FX. I've got the feeling that the returns and placement of the NR700FX was sharper than the NS9900. So to summarize what I've experienced:

Power: NS9900 > NS9000S/X > NR700RP = NR700FX > NS7700
    Control: NR700FX > NS9900 > NR700RP > NS9000S/X > NS7700
    Defense: NS9900 > NR700FX = NR700RP > NS9000S/X > NS7700
    Maneuverability: NS9900 > NR700FX = NR700RP = NS9000S/X = NS7700
    Feeling: NS9900 > NR700FX = NR700RP > NS9000S/X > NS7700

Please not that this is very personal and it's just to share my experience in how I would rate them.

The NR700RP and NR700FX did not feel very different. I had no problem playing with the NR700FX, but I had some problems with the NR700RP. My brother on the other hand liked the NR700RP over the NR700FX. Even a friend of mine testing the racket liked the NR700RP more without knowing the specs. The reason I expect is that I'm more a wrist type of player, and my brother and friend are kind of swing type players. And that's the main difference between these two rackets. I don't think powerwise there is not a clear winner between the RP and FX, but you have to choose the right racket for yourself. If you are a swing type of player, the NR700RP will be easier to use. If you like to play with your wrist, you will like the NR700FX over the NR700RP.

I would have expected some decent power from these two rackets, but they let me down on this expectation. This makes the rackets not suitable as offensive rackets, but the fast swing speed makes them fast rackets in defense and drives. The headlight balance makes them good in fast interceptions and maneuverability. The stiffness makes them good in control for smash returns and netplay. With some adaption to the timing, there should be more power in the rackets to extract, but I would not recommend this racket to a beginner or power players. Players with fast wrists, will get the most out of these rackets.