2012 Inter Con

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by JBKokKeong, Jan 10, 2012.

1. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Hi, i have heard that there will be no prize money for this year tournament for both the CG and the SNG games. only medals and prizes (maybe vouchers and stuffs lolz). Issit true? Anyone can confirm? If its true, its sad.......

2. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Hi

Yes. No cash prizes for this year's CG and SNG. I guess this decision was made because PA believes in getting people involved in the games is more important than winning.

IMO, it's a good move as this will clearly reflect those taking part in this tournament because of passion, and not for monetary rewards.

This year's CG also allows NATIONAL PLAYERS and FOREIGNERS, subject to a cap of course. Let's see how many of them can be bothered to take part in this tournament with no financial rewards. Haha! Oh ya, and not forgetting the coaches too.

I have a feeling this year's tournament standard will drop quite alot.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good. No money, no honey... lol. ;)

4. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

No $$ no talk lolz......Who wants to play if there is no cash prizes to compensate for the petrol? Travel so far play 1 game or sometimes no games coz walkover and no cash prizes.......our government nowadays.......haiz.....Anyway i more or less confirm some of the top intercon team not participating lolx....what a failure.......CG!

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

no prize money?

funni..there should be a increase in prize money cos... minister pay is going for cut... hence got surplus...
    or is it becoz minister pay cut... so... the tournament...oso cut prize money..

nola.. must be economy forecast bad....for 2012... no1 wants to sponsor bah....

:p

6. syncer

syncer Regular Member

Haha. There has always been one sponsor for Inter con, PA!

Anyway, just for you guy's info, this year's tournament will see teams having to pay registration fees of $180 or $160 (If any players are passion card holder) <-- damn lame!