Please play seriously in malaysia, lin dan

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by Miqilin7, Dec 29, 2011.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    and expected another rubber set today with chen jin
    hehe

2. Alone

Alone Regular Member

If you ask me, the percentage of LD gonna loose when he meet LCW in Msia is high. Not just because LCW have the confidence after winning against LD in Korean Open but also because LD have to play in LCW's homeground and LD having the pressure that he never won Malaysian Open.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    are u indicating lin dan is chickening out?

4. Alone

Alone Regular Member

5. visor

visor Regular Member

just watched it... it's 2006

i was on the edge of my seat the whole time :D

the focus on lcw's face and the errors from ld, they were all repeated again in the 2nd half of the final set in the recent korean open

[video=youtube;HbAmA6KWUwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbAmA6KWUwU[/video]

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LIN DAN was not in his best form yesterday... in the 3rd set, he got the chnace to perform his signature crosscourt and overhead smash but he chose to give a clear shot.. It seems like he is not interested to win mas open again.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    With the outcome known you are still on the edge of your seat? You must be "shiok sendiri" Haha.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What do you mean? Isn t SuperDan known for his incredible mental strength? How can he not overcome the crowd and tournament fatigue? Or has he won in the past over LCW because of the crowd and teammate support all along? The truth is finally surfacing...

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You are ever so tactful, George. LD wants to win the MO with CL s help. Unfortunately, JOJ has the belief that his opportunity has come with the MAS crowd behind him and LD fans not daring to make a sound except to applaud his winners. You do the research and you will note that most, if not all, of his losses to non-CHN MS come when he has minimal crowd support or when his opponents have some crowd support. LD s only one man show was in Thailand Open 2008.

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I dont buy the crowd support theory. If it is true then most of the wins will be by the home team. It is more of a irritation or feel good factor depending on which side your are on. During play I doubt the players even aware of the crowd.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the winner who the crowd cheer always applause to us when they win
    not aware of crowd?
    try to ask lin dan is he heard the crowd ask when he want to retired or walkover
    lol

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Not entirely true. Last week at the KOR Open SF, the crowd cheering for the KOR WD on the adjacent court was so loud that LD complained a few times. The crowd wasn't even involved in the LD match yet he was clearly irritated and affected. Imagine how much worse it is when the crowd IS raging against you.

13. ahchu5

ahchu5 Regular Member

engineer
    ha ha ha i love this ......

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    When I played in a friendly match many many moons ago, I was floating after I played a winner when just a few people cheered me.
    I think the players know what's happening around them. Moreover LD used to looked at other courts while playing except against LCW where he usually meets in the final and there are no any other court in action.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

you give ld too much credit for his mental strength if you think that he is not affected by the crowd :)

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

We have a lot of input from fans who were not in the stadium and imagine and hold on to their stereotype perceptions and prejudices. Would be great if you try and make the effort o watch matches court side for a change and you may discover the reality is way different from the rose-tinted imagination. Let me give you my perspective on LD s fortune here. In his first match against Victor A, LD showed his class because VA was very raw in experience.( VA is a future Wr1, just like Tago but their styles are different so their future matches will be exciting.) Unfortunately for LD, most MAS fans have no respect for him at all. Some got really vocal, asking him about his history, his aches of all types as excuses for withdrawals, did he drink cold water, it s not good for him, is he gonna give walkover or retire from a match...This is the first time I saw LD being taunted (BCL and CJ used to get taunted here but never LD) and humiliated by some crowd. The message is clear: LD may be the Olympic champion but when he regularly behaves with no respect for badminton fans and for the sport, whatever his reasons, he loses his credibility and all respect that has been bestowed with the title.( I don t think LD will ever play in MAS or SIN SS again. His reputation s gone with most of the fans here and they don t care either.) In the match with JOJ, LD tried to win but he found it tough with the crowd behind JOJ although there was no taunting. JOJ has both the skills and experience to change his tactics but most importantly he has the belief. So please, if you were not court side here, stop your disinterest garbage. The good news is LD will be fresh again and new for OG12, they will see to that.

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

In that case I suggest BAM create funds to buy most of the tickets for Olympics especially the QF, SM & Finals. We can then overwhelm LD with the crowd support. Not to mention to teach the crowd some insults in Mandarin also :)

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, the AE2012 in March would be a good test. Usually there are more jia you fans in AE than boleh fans, at least at last year's AE2011 there was. However, the bolehians can be pretty loud, as was seen at KO recently... :)

19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I have to disagree here. 2 of LCW's defeat to LD were in Malaysia. At the 2010 Thomas Cup and at their first ever meeting in 2004 (Thomas Cup qualifiers). The fact that LD has not won Malaysia Open is not a factor - there is always a first time.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. They don t have to buy up half the seats like CHN. Just get tickets for a group of vocal students like in TC08 or KO12 and LCW will deliver the gold. Insults don t work.