Please play seriously in malaysia, lin dan

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by Miqilin7, Dec 29, 2011.

1. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
  2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
  4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Who Wants to be A Millionaire:

Did Lin Dan lose on purpose to his Opponent in the second round of the Malaysia Open 2012?

a) Maybe
    b) Yes
    c) Likely
    d) Very Unlikely

You are given two lifelines: Ask the Malaysian Audience, Call Up Li Yongbo,

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

No one should be above the sports, either players or fans!

No crime by oneself could be justified by another crime by others.

Both LD's acts and fans' behavior here in MO are not acceptable.

No one should be above the sports, either players or fans!

6. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
  7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Is he trolling?

9. Alone

Alone Regular Member

That video is fake. It is just a stupid person or Lin Dan fan that is so happy to be able to record a video of himself close to Lin Dan. Nothing more than that.

10. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    My answer is C. His team mate needs points but he couldn't help Chen Jin so obvious that everybody knew his intention. I think Any one will do the same in this situation. In my opinion he didn't prepare seriously to win either Korean or malaysia open. He was in korean open final because Chen Jin lost unexpectedly to Jan.

#130 jkkwongnz, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
  12. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    One thing is certain and that is there was no immense pressure for Lin Dan to win his match against JOJ on Thursday. This is because if he wins and meet Chen Jin in the QF, it would become an even more tricky situation. It would also be a good opportunity for CJ to prove his mettle against an on-form opponent, get his revenge over his loss last week in Korea, and gain some confidence as well in the process.

Bottomline is that we all know that if Lin Dan plays seriously and wants to win a title badly, only Datuk Lee and Chen Long stand a chance to stop him at the moment. Players in the chasing pack like JOJ, PG and Kenichi Tago can only hope to beat an average-form or fairly-motivated LD. Come on guys, with 47 titles since 2001, he has essentially won everything great in badminton and surely he is allowed to relax at times as all humans do.

The Chinese took a small gamble (I reckoned CJ is pretty confident that he would beat JOJ despite his loss last week) and the strategy worked. CJ's display and victory yesterday is critical and testimonial to the increasing debate that he may well deserve the all-important 4th-seed slot. Also, China has embarked on a drive to promote its soft power to the people across the world and hence the benefit in appeasing the audience in this tournament may have outweighed any further 'negative' suspicion from the fans and media.

With the already unfavourable publicity surrounding the Chinese team, another high profile match between 2 fellow teammates would be misconstrued or viewed as 'helping each other' which to some extent, is also substantial as China prepares as a nation for OG12.

So yes, the answer is (e) Very Likely.

13. sen

sen Regular Member

I want the lifeline of calling LYB but will he give the right answer?

I would answer (e) No

Lin Dan is either going through a dip in his performance or he is really affected by the crowd and maybe weather. Everyone can not maintain a high level all the time. LCW slump was in the 4th quarter last year.

Also, Lin Dan can not have the same stamina as when he was younger(2 - 4 years ago)

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Look at the way Chen Long played against Lee Chong Wei today and in such crowded, noisy and hostile environment.

If Lin Dan is watching this, he should be absolutely ashamed of himself for being a coward for the fourth time in a row now for not playing seriously in the MO 2012. Just because Lin Dan won the WC last year, we cannot overwrite him from the contender, we will never know what sort of plan does he have for the London 2012, otherwise fans will totally shun Lin Dan now and he will become the most isolated celebrity in the world of badminton.

Well done Chen Long for putting up a brave fight, you will go far in your career

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yes, so far Chen Long has been a good sportsman. Let forgive him for kicking back the shuttle to LCW today, probably he was frustrated at himself. When he plays we can expect him to go all out. Hope it stays that way.

Did the crowd effect him performance today? I dont think so but there would be many that would argue otherwise. Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the game, even though I was sweating when the score was 7 - 4 in the third game.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Only in Malaysia :D

Oh and also Indonesia let's not forget they wont count towards the Olympics qualification period. Rather than skipping the event in 2008 to prepare for the Beijing OG, he has to attend this one because it's a Premier event, so i think he will lose on purpose again to play psy-game with LCW again

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Whatever it is, i was in the stadium watch that game that day.. In the 3rd set, Lin dan didn't show his fighting spirit as he always did.. I know he can overcome the strong crowd eventhough the crowd in the stadium was supporting and cheering for Jan O the whole match. Eg: thomas cup 2010 lcw vs lin dan.. Lin dan is just not hungry enough to win this title to me.. He decided to make more clear than smash in the 3rd set.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    http://www.badmintoncn.com/view-14171-1.html

然而,记者认为,这并非全部的事实,宇宙丹很想赢下周四的这场比赛,就如约根森所说,林丹过去参加太多比赛,林丹的教练“大嘴”夏煊泽也向一名香港摄影 记者透露,林丹在上周的韩国公开赛已露疲态,加上大马球迷频频对他喊叫或谩骂,使到林丹打得意兴阑珊,这才是他落败的主因。

anyone volunteer to translate?

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Did the crowd support JOJ against Du PengYu as well ?

I really didn't expect him to beat either CHN player.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    almost all danes get support in mas ss