German Open GPG 2012 Semifinal and Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by etudiant, Mar 2, 2012.

1. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    wow pretty annoying the BE.tv livestream!! For sure they can´t handle that many users!! Bc they only showed smaller tournaments so far, i would bet that they have a lot more spectators today for the Finals day of a GPG event and just can´t handle it!!

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Hats off to Juliane Schenk (S3) for beating Wang Xin (S1) for the first time in 4 meetings and the winning score was a very respectable 21-14, 21-16.
    In this respect JS is better placed than Tine Baun who has never beaten WX in 9 meetings.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

First title of today's final goes to Danish XD, Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl on supreme form without dropping the game during this tourney, def. Lee Young-dae/Ha Jung-eun 21-9 / 21-16.

5. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Gosh they're back in form again...

6. thomaskm

thomaskm Regular Member

The streaming on BE.tv still down for me... freaking hell

7. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    ups this was a pretty clean win...
    1. The Danes played a great tourney, and even i always cheer LYD, i predicted TL/KRJ as the winners. Great to have them back winning a GPG!
    2. I really really miss the motivation between Yong Dae and Jung Eun!! Ofc everyone knowes LYD is one if not the best MX doubles player and HJE has a tricky job to do since he played with one of the best MX girls back in 08. I think they would do a lot better if they could motivate each other!! High fives, i don´t know how to call it or describe it, but touching the other with the racket to say come on or next one or w/e. AND for me it seems like they do not really talk to each other if they don´t play well. If they can´t change their behaviour until the OG12 start I do not really see them winning the Gold; ofc they still can go strong, just look how they climbed the WR, but to get no.1 or win the big ones they have to work together as a pair on court (best example is ofc joachim fischer-nielsen and christinna pedersen!!). Another problem is HJE´s serve, but anyway LYD should show some more teamspirit as he should know the best(playing with her) that she has problems with the serve (and she ofc doesn´t do it on purpose)! They definitly do have more potential than they showed this tournament.

8. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    SS has beaten LD only once in 9 meetings and that was the 2007 Swiss Open when LD 'retired' trailing SS 25-27, 0-5.
    In 2011, LD had to fight hard to ward off SS and that was in the Singapore Open QF and the Korea Open SF and both were 3 setters with scores of 14-21, 21-13, 22-20 and 23-21, 20-22, 21-15, respectively.
    Obviously SS is a tough nut for LD to crack and if SS could stay close to LD in today's German Open final, he could well spring an upset.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    ffs, screw you tournament organiser...what's the point of organising a tournament that only allows the matches available for indoor viewers only...I cant even follow the matches on newsfeed as it keeps crashing on me thanks to the network traffic...

Do a better job please, this is not in line with the efforts to promote badminton..

10. phili

phili Regular Member

The live score works without any problems

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Tight battle for Juliane Schenk, i hope she could prevail on the 2nd & 3rd set..

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Xuerui, you live up to my expectations,well done!

Next,it's all up to Lin Dan,only he can defeat himself.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Schenk's miracle ride comes to an end. Looks like a young LXR can keep up with Schenk's physical play.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Would like to see Simon take a game off him. You never know which Simon decides to show up.

15. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Li Xuerui's convincing win over Juliana Schenk basically proves that Wang Xin threw her match on purpose last night. Juliana is one of my favourite caucasian players in Europe but the Chinese is my favourite in the world because they are simply magnificent!

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The only thing it proves is some people need to post inflammatory remarks

17. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Lin Dan is such a legend and huge inspiration to the game to such an extent that even if he loses a match to anyone nowadays he is still regarded as the better player. i think zhang yimou should make a movie about him.

18. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    inflammatory? why? it's just a speculation aibeit a pretty obvious one.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Xin is my favourite,too - just love to see her fluid attacking style though the last six months or so she seems to be trying to develop an all-round play which is good, but I still think she's more of an attacking player. And now with LXR confirming yet again her true potential, she, together with Jiang YJ and,of course the Three Wangs are indeed The Great Wall of China for women's badminton - impregnable,unconquerable,invincible - as a group,not so much individually,I must say.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Schenk should thank WX for throwing her match so she got another training opportunity to take out two CHN WS consecutively in order to win a major title. Let s hope another CHN WS will throw her match in AE so Schenk gets another training opportunity next week.