Looking 4 a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Addee, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Addee

Addee New Member

Hi guys!

I'm currently in search for a new racquet, i'm currently using a mp-55 BG65 22lb. It's doing the job fine, but i would like a longer racquet, which is slightly less head heavy so i can return the 'FASTER' kinda of smashes and increase maneuverability.
    I'm a slightly more of an attack player than defence, so i love the feel of head heaviness over head light.

The following are my top 5, so tell me what you think and experiences with them, or other brands i should check out, or help etc!! THX!:)

1. Yonex MP-99. used it b4 loved IT!. not sure if u should get a 2U or 3U

2. Yonex Cab30ms - EVERYONE is loving it this racquet! unsure bout the 2U, 3U difference yet, coz all the reviews here are 3U

3. Yonex ISO TI SP - SS or SX - not sure if they're still in stock

4. Yonex AT700 - Is it very head heavy?

5. Yonex AT800 OF - same situation with the AT700
    Again, any comments are welcome!

- Adrian

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Adrian,

If you really loved the MP99s, why not get that instead of trying out the other racquets? The ATs are head heavy... probably more so than the MP series as many players have complain of arm fatigue when first adapting their AT racquets, so the AT series are viable candidates for your next purchase. I have the impression that AT800 OF has the most head heavy bias among the AT series... if Yonex follows its marketing strategy to the Tee, it should be true.

#2 cappy75, Oct 2, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  3. neoanderson777

neoanderson777 Regular Member

I would suggest a ti-10 3U, go and try that out because it has got a Aero and Box design on the racket and also using a the muscle power frame. tht will surely increase the movement of the racket and also the extention in power.
    the 3U will give u more defense or more deception in offence and the 2U will give u more offence but if ur wrist is developed and trained enough. surely pick the suitable weight or the weight u are most comfortable with.

since u have a isometric frame now it all depends if u can interchange to the cab30ms (oval) its one hell of a racket to some cab fans.

but surely u have to compare those three rackets to decide on ur own.

anyway cab30ms is just a cheaper racket to a mp99 so if u are on a tight budget, tht is the way to go but if u wnt more performance i suggest u to compare the mp99 and the ti-10

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    3, 4 and 5 are all rated as head heavy and stiff. Therefore, if you prefer more balanced rackets, the last 3 might not be suitable.

BlueJeff called cab30ms is "poor man's MP99" (based on the price in US), and I am 2nd to that. The performance for both rackets are good, and worth the $$$. If you can get cab30ms with much cheaper price, guess your choice is right there. However, cab30ms is oval head, if you are so used to ISO, then MP99 might be easier for the transaction period. :)

5. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1 Most of the girls/guys in my club has already switched to the AT series. The most important attribute of the AT is fast response to return because of the light weight.

These guys in our club are crazy. They ,of course, like the original YY AT but they said that even the faked one(with similiar design) are better than MP or Ti series.

One coach, after breaking 2 real AT800OF,bought 20 faked one(each cost US$25) from China.

Try AT anyway.

2 My son(he plays almost 15 hours per week) is having 2 Ti-swing SX and one 4U AT700(real). He said the AT700 is definitely better, a bit more powerful, a bit more stable, a bit faster in return, a bit more control. However, he also loves using the Ti-swing Sx. He has used Ti-swing for 1 year and AT700 for half year. It took him a complete month for adjusting to AT.

6. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    As I said most of the guys/girls in my club has switch from Ti, MP to AT. These guys had tried a lot of models. Nevertheless, cappy75 is very right here, if you tried and loved MP99s, get it. MP99s is such a good racket.

I don't know much about Nanospeed7000. But I have high hope.

7. Addee

Addee New Member

Hey guys! thanks your all your responses!
    NOW another problem..
    Last night i used my friends Mp-99 (2U this time). At first i thought i would be great! (because previously i've used a mp-99 3U and found it awesome) being a 2U racquet i thought i'll adapt quicker to it since i'm so used to my Mp-55, which is short and headheavy and heavier in general. But during the warm up, it was sooo BAD!.
    If felt too light, not head heavy at all, felt funny in my hands.. i am COMPLETELY lost? was it the 2U factor. or was it that last time, i was dreaming that the mp-99 is that good.
    After that i used my mates Armortec 500. And strangly enough, i found it to be pretty good. Head heavy, powerful, decent control.. (it looks crap though)..

So back to the drawing board!
    I'm looking for a headheavy, LONG, powerful yet retaining good control, and bout stiff, (extra stiff might not feel that good), light so i can return smashs. ideas?

Leaning towards the ISO ti-SX, or Ti-10 3U.. but i heard that the ti.10 is VERY hard 2 find in malaysia.
    Or should i stick 2 the orignal plan of the Mp-99? is the cab 30ms head heavy?

thx guys!

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Prolly it was a case of bad grip and string combo on the racquet. Maybe that's it and the weight was slightly different. Prolly that's your culprit.

9. crazyboy139

crazyboy139 Regular Member

hey addee

I'm using MP55 right now too!
    ..and I'm also thinking of getting a new racquet!

my choices were also.. between MP99 or Cab30MS

MP99 I had about 5 minutes to test out so I didn't get used to it at all..
    I just kept hitting the frame!
    maybe cause I was worried about breaking / chipping the test racquet :confused:
    cab30ms I haven't had the privilege to try

ti-10 I doubt I'd have a chance to find a new one in Toronto

if you finally choose between MP99 and cab30ms
    make sure you post your choice!
    thanks! :eek: