I need help here with strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by neoanderson777, Oct 19, 2004.

1. neoanderson777

neoanderson777 Regular Member

I'm currently playing with bg65 23 pounds cab20 and it is working not as repulsive and but the control is there i need a string that is more repulsive and still retain its control, doesn't matter about price but still doesn't prefer natural gut

should i string it at a higher tension if tht would help because if i string it at an even low tension the string will lose its control because of its trampoline effect
    or change to another string and can everyone help me out here any string suggestions and tension prefered??? i also need some string tht retain its tension beta than the bg65

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you can afford the price (because you will be restring a lot with this), you can try BG66, which has greater repulsion power than BG65. However, down side is that, as it is a thin string, it will be broken faster than BG65 significantly.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a good compromise is bg85. but i agree, bg66 feels really good. i have been using it in one of my rackets.

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

using BG66, you would only need to string it somewhere between 19-21 lb to get the same tightness as BG65 at 23 lb. BG66 durability isn't so bad when it's at lower tensions.
    I've been using BG66 in the 18-21 range recently and found it to be OK.

5. hongyi_2000

hongyi_2000 Regular Member

Used to use YY Bg66 change to Pro Ace Ti65 recently...even thinner than the Bg66 at only 0.65 instead of 0.66...sound is much nicer...repulsion also higher as its a Ti string...recomended...Bought it at $17 + restring fee...cheers!

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

agreed! bg85 splits the gap between 65 and 66 really well.
    a friend has bg85cross/66main hybrid and he finds it to be holding up great.

7. neoanderson777

Wouldn't you happen to know the plability and feel of this combination of strings and especially the performance and if it is really good at retaining tension??

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Doing this could mean the stringer would have two unused short strings that could only be used for another hybrid stringing job, but this time in reverse order, i.e. bg85 mains/66 cross. The reason is the mains and cross strings are of unequal length, short/long hybrid on one racquet means long/short on the next. Now, which hybrid is better? There are stringers who are good in putting to good use their unwanted strings. Hybrid stringing is one way out. I am not saying all stringers do that.:D

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    What choices of strings do you have? It's no point suggesting so many diff string models and in the end you can't get them. BG66 is nice I'm telling you :D

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    good point made by taneepak.

I use BG65 at higher tension and try to swing the racquet head faster for better repulsion;)

But also, when it comes closer to tournaments, I get the racquets restrung. Old BG65 is OK for social play but when it comes to tournaments, I like to have them restrung about a week beforehand. That way, the strings seem to have better "repulsiveness".

11. neoanderson777

BG66 is no problem for me to get, and it is the performance i'm after because i like the solid feeling of bg65 but it loses tension too fast

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    well, in that case, you can just restring the racket sooner and it would solve your problem.

Ex: restring every 2 weeks.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Tension loss through tension creep starts after a racquet is strung. There are certain technical tricks you can do to slow this progressive loss, the muscle power grommet system with round archways between grommet holes is one. Also different strings and different gauge behave differently in degrees of tension loss. One area which I am having a relatively "heated" discussion with the technical dept of Yonex in Japan involves the potential tension loss in deciding on the location of the tie-off knots. I brought this up with Yonex because of two differing Yonex stringing patterns on non AT800 racquets shown in their 2004 catalog for Asia and another 2004 catalog for Japan. ;) :D

14. chickenpoodle

he does his own stringing, actually.
    i beleive it was a trial run, based on what he's read on other hybrid string jobs. i guess he wanted to see what it was like...

15. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Agreed. Fresh strings just seem to have a nice pop to them regardless of which string it is. Though i use bg65 too ^_^. But i string 2-3 days before tournaments.

16. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    You could try BG-65Ti. I found it similar to the BG-65 but it has a slight increase in repulsion but retains control.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I am not disputing that, but all strings start losing tension from day one of the restring. Some lose more than others. If you are really picky, you should restring every week or every 2 weeks. :D

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The problem is still there : what do you do with the two cut strings of unequal length that are of the reverse order of the already strung hybrid job? String another hybrid but this time with the two different strings in reverse role? If not, you then end up with two leftovers that cannot be used. This translates into doubling your stringing costs.

19. chickenpoodle

who knows what he's done with it.
    two identical racquets, both strung the same.
    threw them out? save the two long peices for another job later on? floss his teeth?

i thought the thread was regarding stringing suggestions. not preferred practices to conserve string. -_-