What strings do you have on your ZForce?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by WoOZY, Mar 21, 2012.

1. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    NBG98JP at 30lbs/33lbs... no problem here..!!!

2. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Yea... I took mine to a shop and they probably strung it with NBG98 SP or CH... It felt soft and the strings didn't bed very well... It also snapped on Sunday...

Going to try BG80P SP next at 26lbs... See how that goes... Might have to stick with JP strings in the end :(

3. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    i have tried SP version i find it loose tension faster.. MY JP i usually cut it after about 3 weeks... I play and train about 5 times a week in 4 to 5 hour session...

I string my own racket so i use a 2 knot pattern i find it better then 4 knot.. again this is just my personal opinion..

all string with Wise tension head.

4. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I might have to consider stringing my own racquets again :( But indeed... The NBG98 JP is excellent for durability and tension retention... I've had it for 3 months before... It felt like crap after a while but they just don't break!!!!

5. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    thats true lol ...

6. fRAGMa

fRAGMa Regular Member

Played 3 weeks with the BG80 and I gotta say my preference has change for the Z force. So far I rather like the BG 66UM on the z force rather than the BG80. Lack of feeling,strange control at times maybe due to the stiffness of the Z Force in comparison with the VT 80. I ll give a try to the Li Ning ap62 to get a clue about it and see how it performs tough I may lower a bit the tension. Seeing all the people breaking their strings on mishits at 12kilos/ 26lbs made me wonder. I just wanna get a clue of its repulsion power and if it s so crispy as all describers tend to say :p. 11/11,2 kilos might do the trick imo.

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Someone on the boards said that the ZForce should be strung to -1 or -2lbs from your usual tension because of the smaller surface area... Maybe we should do that :p

Currently using BG80P SP strung at 26lbs... I must say, the ZForce is REALLY powerful!!! With the ZForce I definitely get more power but I don't get as much feel... For singles, I would say N90 is a better racquet.. Less power (not by much) but a lot more control! I feel like I can execute consecutive heavy smashes and the racquet head and shaft is still stable... I can't say the same about the ZForce :(

8. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    Yup... the Z will defenitly drain you out faster .. but when fresh baBAAAMMM hahahha!!!

9. teiring

teiring Regular Member

Student
    I also prefer the BG66UM with the Z-Force. Currently strung at 27lbs.

I've got no problem with the size of the sweet spot, maybe a bit smaller than with other rackets, on the other hand how should you learn to perfectly hit the sweet spot, if you you've got a very low tension.

10. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    meh i don't like 66UM .. i tried it and still can't compare with my nbg98 .. same tension 30/33lbs... the 66Um felt dead and not as crisp as the NBG98..

my feel on it...

11. teiring

teiring Regular Member

Student
    Different persons, different tastes! ;)

12. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Agreed!

Not a fan of the BG66UM as well... Too soft and my stringer already thinks I'm crazy asking for 26lbs...

13. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    right on!!

14. sslam72

sslam72 Regular Member

I did mention that with the BG80, that the strings feel stiffer when strung at the same tension when comparing with my AT700, but in actual fact it plays remarkably well and I wouldn't recommend to drop tension for everyone unless you feel your shots are "off-centre"

If you are unsure, play it safe and drop 1lb, but once you're used to it you'll go back up to your normal tension again.

15. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Oh for sure... On a good night, when I hit dead on the spot... It's FANTASTIC! I wouldn't drop my tension either :p