Bravesword LYD - Beware not for everyone.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ChoMama, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ChoMama

ChoMama Regular Member

first of all, i am 14 years old and i have been training in badminton for the past 5 years and you can say i have used almost every top end racket from yonex and victor before. ok heres what i want to say: DO NOT BUY VICTOR BRAVESWORD LYD if you are a beginner or EVEN INTERMEDIATE. this racket is SURPRISINGLY heavy and stiff ( i had a 4U and it was heavy ) IT IS HEAVIER IN MY OPINION THAN VOLTRIC 80. this racket will hurt your forearm A LOT if you dont have proper swing technique and your reaction time will DRAMATICALLY slow down. however, this racket is an excellent attack racket if you know how to use it properly and clearly i dont know how to use it properly. THIS REVIEW CAN ALSO BE SAID FOR SUPERWAVES 35. by the way i broke the racket.

2. FlamingJam

FlamingJam Regular Member

Research Student/PT Coach
    wow what a bizarre post:D, no top end racket is designed for beginner or intermediate club players, however most can use them without pain this will be due to the fact they still have 'reasonably' strong forearms etc if they player regularly for play other sports and are fit and active, they will never get the full benefits of a top pro racket but thats fine. I'd say the likely reason a LYD hurt your forearm is due to age even a training 14yr old wont be as strong most probably i doubt the LYD is any different from other stiff frame from many companies.

Also weight has very little bearing upon potential for arm pain, stiffness yes perhaps however as mentioned its all about a persons technique. Ps reaction time is physical and mental function of the body not the racket, i'm assuming you mean how quickly you can move the racket head.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Looks like those 5 years of training you've done hasn't focused on strength or technique work much...

4. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    That's odd... I found the bravesword LYD to be both less head heavy and less stiff than the Voltric 80. To me, it's a pretty forgiving racket.

Perhaps you should work on strength training? And possibly work on your paragraph structure as well...? :rolleyes:

5. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    training or playing?

6. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Heavier than voltric 80 ? are you kidding ?

7. Ambushes

Ambushes Regular Member

Aren't 4U rackets from Victor usually heavier than 4U rackets from Yonex?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

i'm pretty sure 84g in taiwan is the same as 84g in japan... :p

9. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Au contrare, In Japan they made popular this idea of Six Sigma that narrow the width of a distribution. So Japapnese 84g is about 84 +/- 0.000001 grams, while in Taiwan 84g is about 84 +/- 0.01 grams. BIG DIFFERENCE as you can see. I am joking of course.

To original poster, good for you to get involved on the boards. But please understand the strength of your argument comes from the quality of your thought and logic; it does not come from the number of capitalized letters you use. In fact, the more capital letters, the less significant they become.

Rest of you, take it easy on the kid...

10. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    just because a person receives training, doesn't mean they're any good.
    There are PLENTY of people who have years of training at top clubs and can barely pass as an intermediate.

11. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

BS LYD may feel heavier, if you just hold them. But it's never ever head heavier than VT80. It's also less stiff. Overall it's much much effortless to play due the fact the BS LYD swings much better trough the air.

I'm just an intermediate, but 3U BS LYD is not really heavy. Maybe it feels heavier than VT80 by just holding it, but that's all.
    I think it's maybe you and your condition?

The only negative thing is: BS LYD is definitely a doubles racket, not a singles or hybrid one :(

12. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

What I discovered is that modern rackets are getting more specialized for a special group of players. It takes longer to get used to them. The BS LYD is not an exception to this. Some can play with it right away, and some will never. It's not depending on what level you are, but if the rackets just suites your playing style and more important, your preferences. This racket may not suite everyone, but the same can be said from any racket.

13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Of course this racquet is not for everyone. Different people have their own playing style. Samoe might prefer stiff and other might prefer medium

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Is it more towards our swing style, whether we rely on arm, wrist or both ?

15. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I think it has to do with the development of material and design. Rackets in the past are more alike, as for today, we have more rackets that are searching for extremes and less like each other. So if we are used to a standard, in the past, most rackets we can play with, as for today, the weight, balance, air resistance and even stiffness is playing a large role in the properties of a racket and are more widely spread. It's a good thing as there should be a racket for each of us, but no single racket is for everyone. Some may find that racket, and some may never have to try his/her perfect racket.

Back to the BS LYD, it is a little head heavy, has a smaller head and is aerodynamic. Because it's aerodynamic, it should be fast cutting to the air, but because of the smaller head, there is also lesser time to place it in the sweet spot which result in more mishits. I find my BS LYD a little heavy which is good for smashes, but lesser for defense. Also because I find it heavy, I need to slow it more down after a fast stroke because of the aerodynamic blade. The built and design of the BS LYD is a very good one for speed and power, but the timing is also different from the other rackets. So it does not come as a surprise to me that it's suited for a smaller group of audience. Maybe a little like the Yonex ARC-ZS. A very good racket for those who master it!

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I was surprised at the LYD balance, but it's probably because I'm comparing it to his previous BS09, against which it felt rather tall.

I should be testing it properly very soon.

17. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Yup.....True

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Yes Mark

You will be testing it properly very soon.

There is no way LYD is heavier than VT80. I have both racquets in my bag at the moment as I am testing LYD. Watch out for my review later in the week.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

19. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    well, all top end rackets(eg: VTZF, N90II) are designed for Pros not normal players....
    BS LYD also included....
    if you cant play with it, train your arm and wrist because all pros' racket are stiff shafted(not to mention VTZF or NS 9900 that are extra stiff) or train your technique.....
    i never use both of them but i got chance to hold them.....
    i felt the same thing as majority of us, BS LYD is less head heavy than VT80....
    i think BS LYD just slightly head heavy rather than VT80 which is very head heavy......

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    That true. using top end racquet dosent make you a pro. Start training