Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I see, thx. I got the VT 70, but I never use it, becaus I found the VT 80 to be alot better for my style of play. But as you are saying here, I dont think the nanoray series will be for me :p There are some rackets that I have heard nothing about; The voltric 9 for instance, how is that one?

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I haven't tried it out yet but oh my gosh the paint job is wonderful!!!

3. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Ah, I see ;) Yeah, they've done a good job there.

4. drew tze en

I would buy it!!! It looks beautiful, one of the best looking racket on the market!

5. drew tze en

Do mean for a refund ? You can read the terms and condition on the Mybadmintonstore website

6. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    Ye but its just a pain sending things internationally. I think i'll just get one from the UK for another 20 quid or so.

7. drew tze en

On the website they said that you won't have to pay for the post back to Hong Kong I am not 100% sure

8. drew tze en

9. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

A bit late to chip in but oh well :rolleyes:

I have VT80 in 4U G5 and ZS 3U G3 both with BG66UM @ 26lbs and I play doubles & singles. I bought the VT80 first and I loved it at the start...it is very easy to generate powerful smashes consistently and net shots are easy. But then I used my brother's ZS and knew I'd be buying one almost immediately. When you hit the sweet spot YOU WILL KNOW, and so will your opponent(s)! The feeling is addictive, but because of the smaller racquet head it means you have to be very consistent which seems to put off a lot of people. The ZS also feels less stiff than VT80. I think that I am more of a wrist player, so I can pull of the shots that I want a lot easier and with less effort with the ZS.

I've had the ZS for about 4 months and now that I've adjusted to the smaller frame, my VT80 is gathering dust. I've also tried my friends 3U VT80 but I find it doesn't match my play style as well as the ZS. However, I recently bought a MX80 and I've found that it destroys both of these racquets when it comes to defensive play and drives. But in the end I still keep on coming back to the ZS, although VT80 is still very good if you like stiff head heavy racquets.

10. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Thank you! =D

11. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    if i may ask .. which string are you using for your Z-slash ... within the racket recommendation of 24lbs or higher? so far got any issue with the frame ... i too just bought a Z-slash and waiting for its arrival :p

12. malakaji

malakaji Regular Member

teacher

where do u bought it adrian??may i know what is the market price now for ZS?? :D

13. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    etakoh at pertama complex is selling it at rm650 with string and grip but thats the original yellow colour one.

mine, i bought at our local forum ... lowyat.net for rm690 with BG 66 ultimax. Abit more expensive since i'm getting the taufik hidayat version ... the red colour design looks so much better for me :rolleyes:

14. rikrydle

rikrydle Regular Member

Consultant
    24-26 should be fine for Z-Slash but preferably not strung 27 & above. Had mine strung at 27lbs with NGB98 after changing the grommets and the string caved-in together with the grommets at the 10 O'clock - 2 O'clock section. Played with it until warped. Bad choice to change grommets that are special for Z-Slash (longish not round) meant for sharing string on cross & main. Anyway at 27lbs NBG98 left like playing with a wooden bat. 25lbs was perfect.

#114 rikrydle, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  15. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    thanks for the info, i strung mine at 24lb (BG66 ultimax) to be safe, the thin string feelings feels great but just lack the stiffness that my other racket have that is strung at 26lb.

yup, heard about the frame issue but does it have to do with the "stringing technique" rather that the stringing weight ... some ppl did string until 28lb but dont have any issue with the racket

16. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    I love the feeling of a good hit on the Z-Slash as well, but I'll have to stand on the side of the VT80 when it comes to overall usefulness. I've 3U versions of the two and although the Z-Slash is the more tactical choice and allows for a wider variety of shots, I can say that I play better with the VT80 since it's more user-friendly.

The shots come off more solidly and consistently, and putting the shuttle to where I want it to is easier as well. When the need to generate a good smash arises, the VT80 is also stiff enough to deliver a satisfactory one.

Wrote reviews on the rackets on the blog if anyone's interested - Voltric 80 and Z-Slash TH

Z-Slash = sexier racket; VT80 = solid performer (my 5 five cents' worth anyway).

17. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I haven't played any competitive matches (yet) to know which racquet truly shines for me when I need it to...although I suspect that for most people it will be the VT80. But at the moment for me I still prefer the feel of the ZS :rolleyes:

18. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    to be honest, for a knock up session (warm up) the z slash is a great (maybe the best) racket to use. however, once in competitive play, the racket becomes a concern rather than an extension to your arm. choosing a racket for me is best when you dont have to think about it at all during game play. i play at a reasonable standard, and i must say that the z slash, although pretty and feels awesome when sweetspot is caught, there will be some points in matches where it will hinder on you... and they maybe the points that make you win or lose.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I thought you loved this thing? :)

20. drew tze en

For me, I'm starting to worry about my racket... Z-Slash TH, lately I have been trying to go for those angled smashes then thunderous smashes. Around my cone I can see cracks and chips. I find that whenever I got for a steep smash, the head is slightly slowly then the my wrist compared to the Voltric 80. At the moment I'm actually finding it difficult to explain.