Which Chinese WS players will go to Olympics?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Jun 20, 2012.

?

Which Chinese WS players will go the Olympics?

1. WYH + WX + WSX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WYH + WX + LXR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WYH + WSX + LXR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. WX + WSX + LXR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just think,if the these three selected ones were non-CHN players and if they fail to even win a medal,let alone gold,they will in all likelihood still be around to represent their country come next Olympics. But in CHN,it's almost unforgivable,they are immediately sidelined what with so many other existing, upcoming and new players snapping at their heels.

Maybe it might be better to let LXR wait and accumulate more experience(not being sarcastic)? But as a CHN player,she doesn't have the luxury to decide for herself, she either grabs the opportunity offered and just do it or out she goes,nobody will give her a second chance unless she comes back stronger than ever which rarely happens in CHN.

I have been saying the above so many times in different ways that it's become tautological, if not a truism.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You will be the first not to forgive her?:D

If she fails to reach semi-final,how? What do you expect her to do? Jump off London Bridge? Just kidding, to lighten up.:D

#282 Justin L, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. nitabluez

nitabluez Regular Member

Worker
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow,so many people take part in the poll after the news is out. It's now, out of 462 voters, LXR 205, WYH 161, WX 58, Others 38.

5. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    I will be the first one but hey that's just an involuntary reaction. Imagine the match aftermath when she loses and fails to meet expectation. Papers writing about her and she will be harrassed and criticised by the press day and night. Sure these will cease after a week or two but the scar left behind will affect her progress in the rest of her career.

Too much for a 21 year old girl to handle because of the pressure.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    poll closed now.

7. repentedboy

student la
    It's a different situation if it's WSX. Because we know she has established her since she came out and managed to stay in top 4 for so long. If she fails to deliver, she wont be criticised so badly simply because the loss reflects to everyone that yes WSX is not the right person to bring honours to China. That's ok which means CBA just have to concentrate on another upcoming player to emulate her or possible replace her.

But now the situation is quite different. LXR just came out of nowhere and she is picked to participate in her first biggest tournament of her life. If she fails, the reaction will be a LOT different and imho worse than how they will react to WSX's failure.

Because LXR's recent form and run promises everyone too much and raise their hopes skyhigh.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks,luckily you know I'm just joking with you.

Yea,I admit you're right, if she fails to at least reach semi-final, the repercussions, all those brickbats from the press and online aside from the CBA people, may drive her crazy. What to do,who ask her to be a CHN player and be so good in so short a period. That's the price she has to pay.

On the other hand,if she succeeds at her lucky maiden attempt and even win gold, my gosh!!!

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i never like WSX much, but i do feel sorry for her. sad day.:(

but in a way, it is better for her. Just imagine if you reach the Semi-Final and LYB instructs you to lose to WYH (or WX). How would u feel?

But i think the reasons why LYB didn't choose her are:

(1) Zhang Ning doesn't like her
    (2) her H2H records against non-CHN are poor;
    (3) her skills haven't improved (eg, no power, no smash, too many drop shots)
    (4) LYB doesn't trust her will obey instructions at crucial moment (ie, at the Semi-Final).

#289 pcll99, Jul 9, 2012
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Like you, I'd bank my hopes more on WYH to deliver gold. She is a very tough player now,mentally strong,steadfast,richly experienced after what she's gone through this couple of years.

11. Dmitry

Dmitry Regular Member

Take it easy, mate (I mean repentedboy). LXR was just a few points behind WSX when the qualifying period ended, and now she is #3 in the world, ahead of WSX. She really earned her ticket to London and nobody can tell she took someone else's place. So, the pressure of expectations and reaction on possible failure should be similar for LXR and WSX. As for me, I am pretty sure LXR won't go home empty handed. And, of course, good luck to WSX! Hope to see her again at her best form (however, I would prefer if she play without crying after every rally she won).

12. repentedboy

student la
    WSX wouldnt care about that. She just wants to finish as medallist and she is a teamplayer who supports her teammates. 2) and 3) are the best answers to her problem.

Do not forget she is the Most Valuable Female Player after Lin Dan in the Asian Games both team and singles event.

She also helped China win the Sudirman Cup. How can Zhang Ning and LYB not like her ?

#292 repentedboy, Jul 9, 2012
  13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd go along with your reasons 2 and 3.

Not reason 1 because Zhang Ning,I heard,gets along fine with her charges despite WSX's outspokenness and openly voicing her disagreement with her;I don't think ZN is so petty.

Reason 4: As for LYB,what can he do if the player quietly disobey him? Not every player is afraid of him as some people would like to believe,even implying he's a tyrant. I say,those people must be politically naive to think LYB a tyrant or dictator. Those tyrants in the real world,if you compare them to tigers and lions,then LYB is just a domestic cat,not fit to be even a benevolent dictator. How else do you have Ye Zhaoying and Gong Ruina making public their grievances and displeasure over what LYB did? How else do you have Zhou Mi and Wang Chen just packing up and leaving to play for HK? And lately WSX's open admission. As for Lin Dan, I don't suppose LYB can really control him. Never mind,take it as my personal opinion, not interested to rake it up and debate with anyone - suffice to say, a leader who is overbearing and always imposing his will on others won't last that long and produce that kind of results, not saying he didn't make mistakes or unpopular decisions but how often can he do that and get away with it? I believe,the players are afraid of him just as any subordinate are towards their supervisors or boss,nothing more.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

such a slam dunk, 46 BCers could already read the outcome like braille..now, are we gonna see another 18 pages of post-selection discussion?

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Mate,isn't that good? We want this forum to have lots of interesting,enjoyable,lively discussions and exchanges (without flaming,of course). Btw,all this post-views are relevant to the poll,isn't it?

#297 Justin L, Jul 9, 2012
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    WSX saying thank you to CaiYun

Attached Files:

• cy.png
      cy.png
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WSX says: Thanks Bro Yun for the encouragement.

Cai Yun's blog post in a way also re-affirms the news of WSX being unselected.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

up to you 3 guys (w/ repentedboy & pcll99) actually if you guys have the extra time & energy to keep this going..first few exchanges between you guys were interesting but after that, i can't see it going anywhere..:cool: