Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Eh? Mind games? MAS has absolutely no chance against CHN in that dept. ;)

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes we should move on in the right spirit! :D

3. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    so funny this thread become more active while LCW in rank of 2... cnt imagine if he become no 10 :D

4. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Nah, pre-Olympics anxiety. Quite normal. ;)

5. victory

victory Regular Member

My cousin is young, hot blooded and full of raging adrenaline hormone in his body. But I will advise him to not do anything stupid. ;) I will ask him to set his goal on wealth accumulation. Singapore is doing darn bloody well in economy , while others can only watch Singapore's growth with a lot of envy. This is the best time to make money. Why rock the boat?

I bet the Italian , the Spanish and Briton is so envious of Singapore's economy. Just imagine Sicily island's unemployment rate is closing to 20%!! Most of them are young people.

Whereas my cousin is having internship in a multinational company together with many interns from around the world. He enjoy doing photography during leisure and party during weekend. Next year he will almost surely get a job when he graduate. He will get handsome pay and will be allocated a home when he get married. Yet when he log into facebook, he says PPP sucks.

Tell me what is wrong with young Singaporean? Old folks like you must share the blame for nurturing these younger generation? No? :D

6. victory

victory Regular Member

Shh.................low profile, low profile................Keep the smoke screen up sky high...................keep the pressure on the other side of the court.............whereas we keep low profile ma...................:D

7. flite

flite Regular Member

I guess you are referring to me since you quoted on my post.

First of all I don't think that I am clever (enough) as what you claimed for that I openly criticized my own country's sportsmen and the association. In other words, I am calling a spade a spade. Will it be too much of me to also claim that I am not being lob sided and would not support, glorify and idolized my fellow countrymen blindly and unconditionally like some others do.

Pertaining your remarks that my post sounded personal, let me ask you a question first. What kind of response did you expect when you posted that kind of article in LCW's thread taking into consideration that all your previous comments (countless of them) on LCW is not something nice (mildly put it)? Ask yourself and be truthful (only if you will) was there any ill intention brought along when you posted that write up?

To me there are only 2 explanations to it. Its either you are plain ignorant enough (even at your age where some address you as uncle) to not consider the feelings of some others in this thread or simply you were trying to belittle LCW. Pick one!

Contrary to that, you were complaining everywhere and throw all kinds of accusations when you are at the receiving end.

The real "clever" ones are those who packaged their malevolence with ribbons on wrappers.

p.s. enough said on this matter and back to LCW please.

#8427 flite, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lol. Nice one Victory and Flite. Hantam kuat kuat. ;) Loot and run. lol

I still doubt lcw will not make it past CL. CL will go all out in either game 1 or 2.

If he does passes CL, it is a credit in terms of experience. ;) Safer with a lower profile. ;)

9. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    :D do anybody know while LCW on phyical training, is he prohobited to take cold drink or any drink? used to watch pro player play in 4 hours, not tournament, he never touch any drink... impressed

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It is a Malaysian "secret"

:D:D:D Didn't you read Post #8411? It is a Malaysian "secret".

I shall copy and paste the content of the link for you;

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/oly-badm-mas-lee-avd-idUSL4E8IN6K520120723

By Ian Ransom
    LONDON, July 23 | Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12pm EDT

(Reuters) - The fitness of Olympic badminton silver medallist Lee Chong Wei is a state "secret" that cannot be revealed before the London Games tournament, according to Malaysia's chef de mission.

The top seed Lee, Malaysia's brightest hope of a maiden Olympic gold medal, has been battling to get back to peak form for the July 28-Aug. 5 tournament at Wembley Arena since injuring an ankle during a Thomas Cup match in May.

"He is here. I cannot tell you about his form, but he is here," Malaysia chef de mission Tun Ahmad Sarji told Reuters at Olympic Park.

"I think his (fitness) is a Malaysian secret ... Every country should keep their own secrets, right?"

Malaysia's badminton teams have won all of the country's medals since the sport joined the Olympic programme in 1992 and former world number one Lee reached the final at Beijing but was trounced by China's Lin Dan.

Lee said his ankle was "70 percent" when briefing reporters a month before the Games and faces an uphill battle to be fit for the opening round on Saturday at the Wembley Arena.

Lee, who will compete in his last Games at London, faces Finland's Ville Lang in the first round before a potential round of 16 match against Indonesia's world number six Simon Santoso.

(Editing by Greg Stutchbury)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lee Chong Wei's fitness is a Malaysia Secret.. that statement is really a joke or i would rather say Childish. I don't think that guy know what is he talking about. Personally i don't think China or even other countries care about Lee's condition. They know he is dangerous on court, wether he is 100% or 110% fit.

12. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Secret or no secret, Simon Santoso will beat him.

I will say it's Simon's turn to step out of the shadow after so long.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. i think LYB's strategy is:

- if he is fit, beat him.
    - if he is not fit, beat him badly.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

On the well-intentioned suggestion of fellow BCer Pakito, I have decided to heed his advice to move on.

But if you feel that certain views that I have aired on any subject that you disagreed with or would like to add on, please do so in the same thread so that we can have a chance to interact there and there. Please do not do so after the event has passed as I most likely would not be able to remember what was being said without the appropriate reference.

And as a courtesy to other posters, please try not to be personal and use damaging descriptions which may not be intended in the first place.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    For LMAO's sake? :D

That would put the CHN coach in a difficult position for he has a hand in grooming both his prodigies! :(

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Aiya old folks like us have no say in your young talented cousin's life. We are powerless to influence him. The whole world is in his hands (as well as the extremely powerful's) and he can do whatever he likes. One day he says this, next day he can say that. One day he wants to stay in Singapore, next day he prefers KL and then he wants to go to NY. So no use blaming us. We cannot contribute as much as he can.

However, nothing is cast in stone. They say change is the only constant nowadays. So not all days will be calm, sunny and prosperity. The downside can appear suddenly to throw us out of shape.

So enjoy the happy day as it arrives. Don't invite trouble for yourself. :D

#8437 Loh, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lcw's opponents are tough. can go either way. rusty? ;)

19. superchop

superchop Regular Member

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Uncle, I suppose you meant to type 'Li Mao' not LMAO (laughing my as* off).:D To his credit, he has a hand in grooming both such illustrious players,esp LCW who under normal circumstances would quite certainly sail into the final.