Which raquet should I buy ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sioux, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

Im going to buy a new raquet. I used Fukuda Rainbow line which is a pretty crappy raquet. Im 15 playing a lot and need a better raquet. Give me some tips.
    Which raquet should I buy ?

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

3. daboob

daboob Regular Member

Student
    it depends on what type of player you are

I can only help you with Yonex rackets. I played many different rackets (Carlton, Oliver, Tecno, Talbot etc.) and I think the ones from Yonex have the best quality.

The racket you should buy depends on what type of player you are. For example: If you prefer playing singles and you love to attack, a Muscle Power 100 would be a good racket. If you're a defensive orientated doubles player which likes driving ralleys an Armortec 800 defensive would be the right choice.
    The Muscle Power 99 is good allround racket.

Check out this grapic from YONEX.

Attached Files:

4. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

thnx nice picture i play singles so i might just get myself an mp 100

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, so almost all Cab are single rackets??? Also, where are other cabs such as Cab23, Cab25, etc and MP77, Mp55??? :confused:

6. daboob

daboob Regular Member

Student
    I don't know. I got this picture from http://www.yonex.com.au/
    But from the rackets I know, it shows the truth. I played MP100, then MP99 and now I also have an AT800OF.

In our team I play Singles and Doubles, so my racket has to be good for both types of playing. With the MP100 I had some Problems in Doubles. Example: When I smashed from the backcourt area and the defensive drive of the opponents came back to me very quickly, I wasn't able to put the same pressure on the shuttle again. The racket was somehow to slow. I don't have this Problem with the MP99, it's faster. The AT800OF is also as head heavy as the MP100, but it's a lot better for lifts and driving ralleys.
    But with the MP100 I had the hardest shot when I had enough time, because you need a long swinging movement. With the MP99 you don't need that much time, but you can't create such hard shots.

This is my opinion, and it's the same, that the picture says. But every player is different...

7. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    If the shop allows you, or your friend allow you to try, please compare MP-100 to MP99 and AT700 and AT500. A lot of people like MP99 more than 100 because the 100 is too strong in character and very stiff. MP99 is easier to adapt.

By the way, I heard that the MP is being discontinued. You can get them now but might have difficulty to find a replacement later when you break the one you bought.

So I would suggest trying AT700 and AT500. The AT are very powerful already. A lot of the Chinese National Team are using AT700 for single. Given the introduction of Nanospeed7000. The AT price is getting more reasonable.

8. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

the shops in my town suck they have mp 33 but not better i hope they am700 in case i probably one. But if they don't have i don't know which racket to buy. Maybe a forza or charlton.

9. Dsnotling

Dsnotling Regular Member

"In your town"..
    In Stockholm you are at least able to buy both at700 and mp99/100 at several places.

10. Sioux

Sioux Regular Member

ok i live in lund. Maybe there are some better stores in malmö. In which stores are you able to buy mp99 in sthlm inter sport stadium?

Do you know about any good internet store?

11. Dsnotling

Dsnotling Regular Member

Nope, Inter sport and stadium has only low and a few mid end raquets(which actually can work depending on how good you are).
    There is at least one place in the town, think it was pretty far beyond odengatan that sells high end raquest, dont have its name in this moment though.
    Otherwise you have to go to one of the big badmintonclubs in stockholm, some of them has high end raquets. I took some hours a day before the summer to call around and check. Some had mp 99 and/or 100 and at700, and would even get at800 in this autumn.