Saina Nehwal gift.

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by coachgary, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Hi there. Maybe it would be a better idea to make your own thread like "Why I don't like Saina" or whatever, instead of hijacking another thread of other member who wanted to share their exciting experience with the Indian player.

To the thread owner, I also wait for the picture. I am sorry that this thread of yours has been hijacking by some Saina haters

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Whatever happened already happened, whatever being said already being said. Let's all wish WX a speedy recovery, and hope Saina did not mean what she meant. At least, she did gave a gift back to the community, which is definitely should be encouraged and classy.

3. F1_shuttle

F1_shuttle Regular Member

I thought Saina looked genuinely concerned for WX after she stopped playing. As for her comments afterwards, of course she would say that she still had a chance to win. They had only played 1 game, so the match was still up for grabs.

4. barnana

barnana Regular Member

i get what you mean. but the fact is still that she got the bronze and she was free to say anything she wanted, and the bronze remained with her.
    but i agree that's a poor comment from her though.

5. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Lol? If being a bronze medal then spewing out some bs then giving out a few racqiets is classy, then lin dan is classy

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    If you really insist in continuing in this vein, the least you and others who want to rubbish Saina and her English, could do, is do it in another thread, and allow the thread starter and his young wards the opportunity to share their happiness.

Forgive my for saying it, but your continuing in this vein on this thread is not exactly in good taste, or classy. Personally, I am appalled that you would choose to continue even after so many posts hinting that one should revert to the object of celebrating someone's happiness here.

I admit I don't know you, but it is obvious you are a person of strong convictions, and I do admire that. All I can ask is that you be just a little considerate of the feelings of the Op and the reasons he posted this thread. :)

7. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Thanks Cobalt. Teh racket is a Yonex Nanoray 700, probably strung to around 30-32 lb!!
    Signed on the white overwrap grip. It's the actual racket used in the game too.

Two of our junior players were mopping the bronze medal court and Saina said she didn't want to have the bronze in this way.

8. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Another thing that needs to be mentioned is the Legacy of the London Olympics. Many will say that from UK perspective with the demise of the UK Players in the early rounds that Badminton was not a success story. How wrong that perspective is. We are a multicultural society and take pride in the achievements of other countries that have laid down roots in the UK. Three of our Junior players involved in the Games Makers Team are of Indian Heritage and for them to meet Gopichand and Saina Nehwal was a mindblowing experience. All 8 of the team had a wonderfull time and the stories will live on for many years inspiring future members of our Junior Club