How many of you are still using your first racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by thejym, Aug 4, 2010.

?

How many of you are still using your first racket?

1. My first carbon racket is still my main racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My first carbon racket is my backup racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I almost never use my first carbon racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (sold, broken, lost, etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. InvincibleM5

InvincibleM5 Regular Member

Student
    I have been playing badminton since I was young, maybe 7 but just as a free-time and recreational activity. Only at the end of last year after SPM, I started to get serious and try to be an advanced player.

My first carbon racquet is Sidek's Carbon 10 or something (unsure because it's a really old racquet) and already in a poor condition. Decided to preserve it to avoid more major damage. My dad received it from Rashid Sidek himself in early 2000. My current racquet is an old Gosen Isodynamic Plus for doubles, Yonex B-460 as a practise racquet and my recently acquired Yonex Arc-ZSTH as primary.

2. SnowLynx

SnowLynx Regular Member

I've been playing badminton since primary school...in terms of rackets I've been using what was passed down to me by my brothers, so it's about...hrm...7-8 years of playing with hand-me-downs rackets. Then later when I head over to Aussie, my eldest brother got me my current gosen racket as a gift and I've been using that ever since. Don't really know what model it is, it just says gosen graphite lite 87. It's light, it's easy to manuever with it, I'm happy with it. I guess that racket can be considered my real first? =\

Recently just got myself a new racket so I'll feel that at least at some point in life, I tried to supplement my hobby expenses with my own hard earned cash...Nanospeed 100, another light racket, and now using it as my main. But I'll probably let people borrow the yonex cos I still treasure the gosen one cos that one's a gift, lolz

3. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Not really my first carbon racket, that was the Gosen FP-6 which died after I gave it a whack to the floor but my APACS Edgesaber 10 has been with me since 2006/7 and have withstood 2,137 clashes and abuse and still is going strong.

Still in my bag for when I am very tired and is also being used by my younger brother.

Justin.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I used to play with a couple of steel rackets that I got in a set when I first started. Then I used a friend's cheap Victor Thunder (or maybe Lightning?) series isometric all-carbon racket. After that I moved to a friend's (fake, I believe) Armortec 800 Offensive. After a long time, the first all carbon racket that I owned myself was an Armortec 900 Power, and I just used it today! It's not exactly my main racket though.

5. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

i play for 13 years now, don't even remember what my first racket was...
    quite a few came and went, now i play voltric 80 (arc saber 10 before...).

6. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    Still use my old Cab 8 as my backup its really something different with its shorter length :p

I was thinking about changing the backup with Iso Zeta since VT7 was just awful compared to my ARC10.

7. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    I had a metallic Blue, Cab 16 for about 15 years, was my first racket, amazing piece of kit but last year my stringer tried to change the grommets on it and cracked the frame, I really shouldn't have kept on playing with it but I did and the head collapsed.

Now onto a few Yonex and a Apacs racket.

#47 taz4000, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. Mario C socal

Mario C socal Regular Member

My first racquet was a Black Knight and it had a carbon shaft and an aluminum head. I bought it in high school and broke it in high school, too. I bought another one that may have been the same racquet or almost the same and I still have it, but haven't used it since college. When I started college, I bought an Aerotus 65 from some girl and used that for a long time. I stopped playing for a long time and then came back to playing and bought a Carbonex 8200 Light, and then another, and then another and that is what I'm still playing with. Actually, I stopped playing, again, for a long time, and started up again about a year and a half ago. I still like the Carbonex. I've gone an Armatec 500 and Ti-8 in my bag (both belong to my wife), but I prefer the Carbonex. Anyway, no, I don't have my first racquet, but I almost do (the Black Knight), but never play with it. I started playing on the high school team in 1988.

9. PBoroLad

PBoroLad New Member

drewbenson@pipecrownit.co.uk
    I just found my first "decent" racket again while clearing out the shed. A Yonex of some sort - I'll need to check for model etc but it has a metal shaft and weighs about a ton - I am sure it would feel like playing with a crow-bar.

My first carbon racket was possibly a Yonex Carbonex 12 or maybe a Carlton Powerflow of some kind - but both were a long time ago.
    I might still have them somewhere.... more recent rackets are relegated to family use / passed on in various ways.

I don't actually know my current rackets model... all Yonex and Carlton though.....

10. anthony_6

anthony_6 Regular Member

i've never got into badminton and always use my dad's carbonex8 or kennex, and also an apacs lethal given to me by my boss. i kind of got into the game and the first racket that i ever paid for is bs10 and it is still in my bag, however it has became my 4th choice now..

11. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

My vote for D.

Back when I used to play around 16-17 years back, I used to have an all-graphite Yonex racquet, I even forgot which model it was. Eventually gave it away thinking I'll never have a chance to play again. :( The only things I remember is it was Isometric shape and predominantly of dark brown colour. :D

Started playing about a year back, and mostly doubles with nylons, currently using a Artengo 800P racquet.

12. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i vote for D..
    i played badminton for 15 years, since i was 7....
    my first racket is yonex B-450, a very heavy aluminium racket.....
    i dont remember where the racket was, i think my father threw it out...X_X
    my first carbon racket is carbonex 8000 and that racket also broken.....
    now im using voltric 70 with apacs edgesaber z-slayer as back-up racket....

13. ckpang

ckpang Regular Member

furniture finishing
    my vote is C. It is Yonex 8100 at around 1979 or 80. Now it is only my collection, even i move from hk to canada, I still keep it. It is a lot of memory inside.

14. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    My first racket was Toalson Ti-Max power 8200....still have it in the bag as my backup racket...the immortal racket which has survived countless clashes during doubles play :p

15. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I remembered that I played badminton when I was small
    I used a racket called "young young" (who knows, maybe cheap knock off of yang yang)

I still have it, with the string intact, strangely, the racket has very strange shaft, I can see through the shaft

16. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

My first racquet was some Kawasaki something or other (1994).
    Everyone in school had Yonex or Prince. I was playing with a musical instrument (graphite) :)

17. jasonxjia

jasonxjia Regular Member

Badminton
    pro ace racket since secondary school.... about 13years+...... same racket...

18. John JY Wong

John JY Wong Regular Member

Businessman
    I played badminton since before I was a young kid - can't remember the racket I used, but it must have been one of those un-branded kids racket.

First serious racket was a Carbonex 8. I had kept it, but now I have no idea where it has gone to ...

19. myers

myers Regular Member

Student
    A. My first carbon racket is still my main racket

I'm still using my ArcSaber racket. After a year and a half it still fits. But I kinda feel that soon I'll be getting a new one. :D