Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. Duke Chen

Duke Chen Regular Member

i told ya i'm unemployed!
  2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

3. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    where you got that ?? from a book ???
    Hope someone could translate it to english. I don't think I'm capable to do it ;)

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

He wrote on his twitter he won't retire till after Indonesia Open 2013

5. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
  6. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

confusing ok thanks

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    He mentioned in an interview somewhere that his YY contract runs at least until then, so he will be around to fulfil his obligations....

8. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    yeah it is true, INA OPEN 2013 will be his last tournament because he said there was so many memories about INA OPEN, but before that he will play in sometournament including local competition in china (i bet he has to many fans there), French Superseries and All England (last hope:)) so far those country is really meant a lot for his career, and than he will be a trainer for the youngsters at TH Arena, good luck for taufik

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

TH will playing selective tourney until INA SSP next year as his farewell event...

Taufik Hidayat Ready to Put Finishing Touches on Successful Career

Ami Afriatni | August 15, 2012

With the London Games as his final Olympics event, Taufik Hidayat is preparing to close the final curtain on his career.

The former Olympic and world champion announced his official retirement from the national team and will make a few appearances before ending his long and decorated career at the 2013 Indonesia Open in June.

“I’m officially retired from the badminton,” Taufik said on Wednesday, just five days after his 31st birthday. “But I will play in select tournaments as a farewell. I plan to make a memorable farewell celebration in the 2013 Indonesia Open.”

He will play in the Japan Open, French Open and China Open this year, and next year’s Malaysia Open, All England and Indonesia Open.

“I have good memories from these tournaments and I have many friends and fans in China,” Taufik said.
    --------------------------------------------
    Full article : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/taufik-hidayat-ready-to-put-finishing-touches-on-successful-career/538482

#1149 CLELY, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  10. Lovelyka

Lovelyka Regular Member

student
    excuse me, i wanna cry now :crying::crying::crying:

11. sinug

sinug Regular Member

My free translation from INA local newspaper KOMPAS article on 15 Aug 2012:

JAKARTA, Kompas.com - shuttlers Taufik Hidayat decided to retire from his professional career, and dedicated himself to coaching young athletes in Indonesia.

Taufik, 2005 badminton world champion and 2004 Olympic gold medalist said in Jakarta on Wednesday (8/15/2012), that he would stop completely his professional career after Indonesia Open 2013 as planned.

"I will focus on developing Taufik Hidayat Arena (THA), especially in coaching young athletes potential," said Taufik.

In developing the THA at Ciracas, East Jakarta, he will also cooperate with badminton clubs in Indonesia, including his club "SGS Bandung, West Java".

Besides cooperating with clubs, he said, he along with a team that has been formed, will directly monitor the seeds of athletes, including monitoring the Indonesia National Circuit (SIRNAS) matches that have been going well in Indonesia.

"We will assist talented young athletes to develop their capabilities," said Taufik whom is Minister of Women Empowerment (Linda Gumelar)'s son in-law.

Taufik admitted, THA will also provide an opportunity for young athletes who come from poor families to join. All expenses including accommodation will be borne entirely.

"Percentage of athletes who will be fully assisted is 20 percent of the total that will be recruited. The recruitment process will be done after Lebaran Ied Fitri," said the Asian Games gold medalist in 2002 and 2006.

In developing the THA, Taufik will be fully supported by several experienced coaches including his coach who has been supporting him in both national and international arena, Mulyo Handoyo.

"A lot of young talent there. So we will assist in developing the capability of those athletes," said Mulyo optimistic.

12. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    So TH was not in the motivated form so many times, that's why he already lost 126 times, includes 3 editions of Olympics (2000, 2008 & 2012), 6 editions of World Championships (1999, 2003, 2007 - 2011)

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    TH doesn't use much energy in his game ? and why he can't win back to back titles (in 2 consecutive weeks) in his entire career, especially when he still young ? TH shots are so effective in winning points ? And why he can't win as many titles as Lin Dan. Plus why he already lost 126 times ?

14. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    According to your logic, a player that does not use much energy should win back to back titles, on top of that, he should also win as many titles as Lin Dan, and also is not allowed to lose 126 times...

I don't understand why an interpretation of one's playing style is connected to achievements :confused:

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Absolutely ! So many times TH played back to back tournaments, but he never won it, even when he was young. Young and not use much energy in his game, so why he never can't win 2 titles in a row ?
    Lin Dan and TH already played for 521 times, TH lost 126 times, L D < 50 times. Even Lin Dan can't say that his shots so effective, so where is the logic if TH can say it ?

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Oops, L D lost 63 times, not only < 50 times, but still, it's only 50% compare to TH (126 times) :p. TH shots are so effective in winning points ? If yes, surely he can win the match with easily and win more matches compare to L D :p

17. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

It's very interesting that by the end of 2006(his last "prime year" according to many) Taufik's "head to head" against most of the top players were either in favor of him or they were the same.
    Vs Lee Chong Wei 4-1 Vs Peter Gade 4-4 Vs Lin Dan 4-3(counting Asian Games individual and Team and not counting the retire at Hong Kong 2006) and Choong Hann Wong 3-3. VS Boonsak Ponsana 4-0 and Sony Dwi Kuncoro 1-1.
    Vs Chen Hong 7-2. Vs Bao Chun Lai 3-3. The only player he seemed to have struggled with is Lee Hyun Il with 1-2.

And then it kinda went downhill from there only keeping the lead now vs Peter Gade, Chen Hong, Ponsana and taking it from Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

Losing it from LCW in 2009, Lin Dan already in 2007. Choong Hann Wong in 2008. Bao Chun Lai also in 2007 and losing twice without winning against Lee Hyun Il.

Interesting indeed...

#1157 Giga01, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  18. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Gah sorry, Bao was also ahead of Taufik I think. Won at the 2004 Thomas cup,which the BWF site also does not count for some reason. LD vs TH was also 4-4 by the end of 2006, Thomas Cup again. There may be more matches I have overlooked that does not show on the BWF site... Sorry for not getting my facts right.

19. sen

sen Regular Member

Suddenly there is a new forumer, with hardly any post before, posting with similar style like another forumer.
    ;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    good observation?hehe