I'm about to buy Yonex Arcsaber 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by knightrun1, Sep 5, 2012.

1. knightrun1

knightrun1 Regular Member

Hi, so just as the title says I'm about to buy an Arcsaber 10 racket. All is well, except for one thing that just crossed my mind this morning. I'm pretty new at buying rackets online, so I was wondering if Arcsaber 10 comes unstrung or strung. Here is the link, it says 'Custom strung' yet the pictures show no string? I was confused a bit and wanted confirms. http://www.yonex-racket.net/yonex-arcsaber-10-badminton-racquet-p-349.html

2. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I would be very careful in where you purchase racquets online. Generally if the price is too good to be true, it usually is. The racquet prices are very decent but there are a few questions for concern.

No legitimate website/company owner would put 'yonex' as their domain name unless legitimately related to the Yonex company. The website looks totally illegitimate and definitely not up to standard of what you would think the Yonex website would be.

This website never once states they sell genuine racquets. They simply state they will sell 'yonex' racquets at a cheap price.

yonex-racquet.net also never talks about their company and instead talk about Yonex and how great of a company it is.

The bottom of the page has pictures of Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, FedEx, UPS, McAfee Security but the image quality is grainy. Usually if a website has an image of something like McAfee Security, the image will link to a certificate from the security company, verifying the fact that the website you are visiting is safe.

Choose very wisely in the websites you buy from. Might I suggest looking at the "Marketplace" sub-forum. A good start may be e78 or mybadmintonstore for verified legitimate online vendors.

Good luck.

3. knightrun1

knightrun1 Regular Member

thank you for your information. I went to mybadmintonshop and found Arcsaber 10 at $183. $208 including string and shipping cost.

4. ben94

ben94 Regular Member

MBS (mybadmintonstore) is definitely an awesome place to shop. very reliable, fast and winston is an awesome person to deal with!!

i would definitely recommend him!

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    please be really careful where you go online. unless you are 150% sure the store online is legit, don't do it!!!

i do, however, have friends who just don't care whether the rackets are real or fake, so they buy the cheapest one.

6. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    I wouldn't trust the website you posted because the price of an arc 10 is roughly 200 dollars and that one is selling it for onlye 130 ish dollars. Sounds fishy