Who do u think is really not performing up to his normal standard currently?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by crazy_smasher, Nov 16, 2004.

1. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

For me, I think it is Lee Hyung from Korea. He is just a shadow of his superb form when he beat Lin Dan last year. What happen to him? Even the 2nd seed Shon is playing much better than him. I think his world ranking dropped a lot, dunno what it is now. A bit strange he is not coming to Singapore Open.

2. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Are you talking about Lee Hyun il? It seems that the top seeds from Korea are not taking part in any tournaments after the Olympics... Probably working on some "secret-weapon"...

3. crazy_smasher

Yes

yes. he has not reached semis lately i think

4. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

I think Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng is facing the same problem as well... It seems that Sang Yang and Zheng Bo are playing much better than them...

5. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    Yes, Lee Hyun Ill is one of my favourite players... I wish he could bounce back and be a world beater again.... that would be exciting...

6. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    same goes for fu/cai...i love watching them play and more when they win!

7. crazy_smasher

Now i think of it, WONG CHOON HANN

Wong Choon Hann also is playing terribly bad compared to his form last year.

8. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    it's ChoonG Hann. :)

9. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    but not much better. honestly, imo sang/zheng 's skills are not on par with cai/fu.

i would say gong ruina's performance has not been very good. by saying that a place in the entertainment circle has been distracting her would just be a lame excuse.

10. *GaDe~CaMiLlA*

*GaDe~CaMiLlA* Regular Member

Student, Multimedia Designer
    my pick LEE TSUEN SENG of malaysia.........he is not in his form now! :crying:

11. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

mm

yea lee hyun il~! my fav player.. totally blew me awya with his style during teh sudirman cup..

12. gossip_lover

gossip_lover Regular Member

hmmm....I think fu/cai are not up to their usual standard...but i really hope they climb back up quickly tho (they're my favs).....and lookin at the results so far of the singapore open...i feel that the chinese players arent really playin like their usual self (gao ling etc.)....i dunno if this is becoz of the break they took after olympics or what.....but im just thinking...do u guys think that china will lose their dominance in badminton (I hope not...CHINA ALL THE WAY!)...and will indonesia and malaysia climb back up???...any opionions?

13. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

what about gade?

14. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

did u (ALREADY:confused:) forget that china has chen jin, gong weijie, and the rest of the crew???

i also think the two other superpowers korea and indonesia might lose some power... i don't think malaysia will improve MUCH either...

15. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    He didn't reach any final in this year n he done very bad n he lose to hafiz 3 time in a roll in compition

16. gossip_lover

gossip_lover Regular Member

Of course I didnt forget chen jin and gong wei jie...but im just saying that the current top players of china arent doing that well...and the other 'top' players of other countries seem to be playing better......the junior players, as i said b4 are awesome...but are still lacking experience...so they may not be able to climb up the rankings that quickly..

17. Morten

Morten Regular Member

are not doing that well?? Look at Lin Dan, he's superb and Bao is also in my opinion among the top 5. Gade has not reached his high level since he got injured in 2001 and now when he got a child it of course take some of his focus. Jonassen has amazed us with his win today but he has only about one or two years left like Chong Hann and perhaps Lee huyin ill. Its up to Taufik, Sony, LCW, Park and Hafiz to challenge the Chinese army. In about a year Chen Jin and Gong Weijie will rule side by side with Lin Dan and Bao.. A fierce fourt cleaver and as a dane I know that there will come no Peter Gade or Kenneth Jonassen for the next 5-10 years :(. Its sad but the badminton future doesnt look bright in Denmark.

18. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    After the olympics it has to be Emms and Robertson, although their ranking has gone up to #1, they have performed very badly in tournaments due to the amount of promotional work they have been doing rather than training.

19. SiMpLe^^gAl

SiMpLe^^gAl Regular Member

Choong Hann. U know, I like him very much but his performance was quite dissapointing this year. Havent clinch any title yet, not even in d final. This is quite bad for a world class shuttler.:(

20. the_way

the_way Regular Member

Choong hann is a very hard to beat player when he finds his rhythm and composure...however, his performance is deterioarating because his opponents have studied his game....well is very easy for his opponent to do that...just watch all the game he has played with xia xuanze:D :D :D :D :D ...