French Open SS Day 6 - Finals (28th Oct 2012)

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2012' started by gopalprasad, Oct 27, 2012.

1. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Hmmm.. he changed his racket? Noticed it has a blue frame, compared to the white frame of bs lyd...

Perhaps a new racket for a new partnership? :p

2. naim564

naim564 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    Its all about your strong Leg Muscles.. Calf and Thigh.. that makes you move faster and can withstand any jerk landings. Chinese WS keep on loosing to Saina who in turn has the stronger Leg muscles.. all Chinese WS have broken knees (YW, XW and LW) . the way XR plays i can foresee the tall girls from China all having knee problem.. Look at Chun li bao who was tallest of all and always used to strap and worry about knee and he is out of badminton.. MM seems to have closer leg muscles to Saina... lets see how long it lasts.. In the end.. its all about LEG MUSCLES for badminton!!! i am not ruling out the game/smashes/technique etc.. those are the basics and all players have it!

#382 naim564, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    What a great finals day!! Really happy about all the great and close games!!
    Suprisingly Saina lost to Minatsu...
    I have to say even without LD and LCW there is a lot of excitement in MS, many new stars to be born, just like DL or VA or JOJ. Will be interesting who will establish behind LD, LCW and maybe CL, who still has to prove that he belongs to our badminton-gods^^
    And MD is so great imo. It seems like we have 3 forces from Korea with LYD/KSH, KSR/KKJ and SBS/YYS, then ofc KKK/TBH who i believe will be no.1 in the world soon, love to see them back fighting esp. with a confident KKK. Ofc BI/MJ and ZN/CB should be great to watch. We also have the new IND pairings and MB/CM. I´m really looking forward to many fights between KKK/TBH or BI/MJ vs the Korean pairs, most spectacular matches with long rallies!
    Damn the two weeks of full badminton are over now :/
    Well, only 2 weeks to hong kong and chn... :)

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Well, Daren Liew and Minatsu Mitani won their maiden SS title yesterday, flawless performance here.
    A major upset created by Minatsu to frustate top-seed Saina Nehwal, obviously Saina was fatigue in second set.
    A back to back win by Xu/Ma, Ma/Tang and another KOR new pair -Ko Sung-hyun/Lee Young-dae-bagged MD title for second consecutive week after Shin Baek-cheol/Yoo Yeon-seong did it last week.
    Congratulations for the champs :)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as for those who worried about china md
    lyb said he will made li gen a WC.
    so just wait,no worry

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

I vote for Daren Liew and Viktor Axelson as the improved players in French Open onwards...

7. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

4. Seal the match in two games, problem solved :)

Yeah, they need to work out more so that their style can last full 3 games.

8. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Daren Liew is certainly playing well in this tournament. He impressed Lin Dan (me as well) when he stole one set from Lin Dan in Thomas cup this year. If he continue to improve from here I will count him in as one of the four kings (MS) of badminton in the new generation.

9. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree with you on Daren Liew, thought he was outstanding in the finals match yesterday... as for Viktor Axelson I reserve my judgement..

10. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Am I the only one who thinks that Viktor Axelsen should increase his weight and build up more muscle mass? He's got great potential but his center of gravity is just too high. Nearly suffered a scare when he twisted his ankle trying to move back to retrieve a baseline shot. If he's not careful he will risk permanent injury. Looking forward to watching more of this kid in the Super Series. He's got the chops! But he needs a more attacking game and take advantage of his height (which to me seems to be more of a curse at this point since it restricts his mobility).

Congratulations to Darren Liew for winning his first Super Series. If he can cut down on his unforced errors he can be a great player. He's only 25 and have at least another 5 years of Super Series participations ahead of him. Even LCW reached full bloom after the age of 26. Who knows, the 2016 Olympics may not be too far fetched if he moves up the rankings within the next four years. More physical conditioning would do him good too; he looked like he was out of breath for most of the second game yesterday. If he works hard he will get there eventually!

As for Juhl/Pedersen - whatever happened to you guys last night? Too many baseline clears and too little attacking.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah .. I am cool. But the guy named mrinalini got pissed off and was talking about puking something like that.. Thats why i replied back.. Nothing more than that...

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    You nailed it. He needs a more stable CG and more speed muscle on the legs. But with his height, Axelsen will always be vulnerable to low dropshots followed by an attacking clear to the back.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ... and body-smashes...

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Potential new 4 kings? Conclude that fast? Remember the WMC who won the China Open by beating so many Chinese players on their home soil?Congratulation to DL!

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Thank you for wasting time here. Indeed I do agree that you are really wasting time here... Coz you really don't read, don't listen, just yell...

Go back and really read calmly what I wrote, if you really love badminton sports, do respect the players like respecting yourself, not only self-centered... good-day.

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

umm, hard to believe. but let's see. :D

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

just laying on the floor for some time (same as Xu Chen) before went to his coaches and then looking for his opponent to shake hands if i remember correctly? then he (along with Xu Chen) is very lucky. our forums-mate here who like to protest the players (winners) whom do not shake his opponent hand first after match didn't watch yesterday. :D

the way Daren Liew played yesterday is very entertaining to watch. can't wait to watch him battle Lin Dan and Lee Chongwei in yesterday's form, and maybe we can have another very interesting match to watch.

afterall, congratulations to him! :)

#397 bad's fan, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  18. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    He then went on to say "Match won by Minatsu Minati" :D.

19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

mmm, just wonder. as what u said yourself here before:

so how come you say that Saina is definitely would have won (if SN face LXR in OG SF) if they even didn't do the match?

what is same from both case above is, they're just IFs. so 'definitely' is a bit too much maybe?

just my opinion. :D

#399 bad's fan, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    "Love the sport before loving the players" should be the motto of BC...