Cheapest and closest alternative to Lining N90

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kengcyap, Apr 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kengcyap

kengcyap Regular Member

Engineer
    I loved my Lining N90 (first generation, which is slightly more head heavy than the II). However, the expensive racket clashed and broke after about 2 years :crying:. I'm looking for an alternative, say Apacs, that has the closest characteristics as N90, but cheaper. I bought Apacs Tantrum 300 based on my friend's recommendation, but it's too heavy, and couldn't get much power after trying a few months, so I wasted my money :(. Any better recommendations? Please indicate if you have actually tried both and not just speculation, and whether both that you tried had the same strings. Thank you.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    armortec 700 3u?

or

voltric 3?

or arc10 2u?

sorry, no comments on apacs since i've never owned one.

yes i have all of the ones i've listed. unfortunately, none of them are really as head heavy as the n90. the arc10 comes pretty close and so did the voltric 3. i also suggested armortec 700 since that's what LD used prior to switching to LN, and he doesn't change rackets much so maybe that's a sign?

#2 gundamzaku, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  3. kengcyap

kengcyap Regular Member

Engineer
    I had AT700, then switched to N90II, then N90. However, the alternatives that you suggested aren't that cheap . . . well, not in the range of Apacs anyways. But thanks so much for suggesting. Hope someone else has other recommendations.

4. JAKE78

JAKE78 Regular Member

I have several Yonex rackets (i.e., Voltric 80, Nanospeed 9900, Nanospeed Tour, Armortec 700, Armortec 500 and Muscle Power 99) and I agree that the Armortec 700 is probably the closest racket to the N90. Unfortunately, the Armortec 700 is pretty expensive.

I also have several Apacs rackets (i.e., Tantrum 300, Lethal 70, Tweet 7000 International and Slayer 88). Out of the ones I have, I think the Lethal 70 is probably the most similar to the N90, but I must say it is still quite different.

I have a Babolat X-Feel Blast, but it is very different from the N90.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

5. kengcyap

kengcyap Regular Member

Engineer
    Thank you Jake78

Thanks so much Jake. Now I'm seriously considering L70, but how about Apacs Tantrum 500? Between L70 and T500, which one feels more head heavy? Also, between L70 and T300, which one is heavier (since you have both)? I have T300, but felt it is even heavier than N90, although more balanced. Really appreciate your further inputs.

6. JAKE78

JAKE78 Regular Member

I do not own an Apacs Tantrum 500 International nor have I tried one before.

The Lethal 70 is more head heavy than the Tantrum 300. I find the N90 to be more head heavy than the Tantrum 300.

Cheers!