RSL Diamond X7 Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by azli.rimon, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Thanx for your info,
    What do you think of the shaft stiffness? did you feel all the technology on this racket as they marketed?
    Have you tried a voltric 70? if yes, how would you compare them?

2. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    Bro,
    Did your racket come with any RSL bag?

3. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    Ive got free 3 compartment RSL bag when i bought this M13 diamond and it also comes with free Rsl string and karakal grip....even my friend who bought Rsl m13 Heat got also double compartment bag..ps : the bag is very stylish and high grade meterials

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    good value

5. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

At this price $239..nope no bag. No the shaft is not as stiff as Victor Mx80 but very easy to play with..it's a very good double player racket..if you want to make it into a powerful racket smashing..single racket , I guess you can..just change WPS...put the highest weight for all. Oh yes..before I forgot..please check your WPS pouch...the first one given to me did not have the various weight...have the same weight..thus I ask for exchange. Very good defence and smash ( if you string it above 28lbs )..:D

6. azli.rimon

azli.rimon New Member

Technician
    Thanks a lot for all the review, finally i had my Diamond X7.
    I did choose the Gold version. It is super duper lite racket.
    It did suite my game play which i'm a defensive player.
    I did use Yonex BG66 ult (28lb), not using the WPS yet.
    For offensive player, you need to use the WPS to add more weight on the racket head.

Not so expensive.
    Multiple setup with WPS.
    Overall it is a good racket.

I'm thinking to have a Silver in my bag soon.
    Believe me.. it is worth it.

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Im interested to know about the stiffness of this racket. can you compare the stiffness with other racket ie yonex or victor?

8. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

use to use Victor sw35 and mx 80... both are very stiff racket.. this is slightly less stiff... but can adapt very fast..

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    is it the same stiffness as the VZF?

10. wilson_seah

wilson_seah Regular Member

WPS stands for?

11. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

Weight Positioning System.

WPS Top Plate, Side Plates, End Plate alters the racket’s weight at different positions which changes the balance, the stability, the power, the control and the feel of the racket.

12. neomatrix

neomatrix New Member

I am getting my X7 Silver tomorrow with BF 68 Ti 25lbs. I am not at all a power player never like to smash, but do deliver them if needed.

I am going to play tomorrow and will hopefully come back any write my review. Initially I orderd X2 Blue and the guy did a mistake and send me X2 gold. He is so nice that he offered my X7 for the same price I would highly recomment if anyone wants to by stuff in Melbourne go to kphsports.com.au.

So back to X7, I used to play in school and started playing again after 15yrs with B500 a very basic racket do not want to spend much money. It been more than 4 months that we are playing regularly and time to upgrade.

So wait for my review.....

13. neomatrix

neomatrix New Member

Finally I received my X7 silver today here is a quick look. Ya Ya I haven' forgot to review as I still haven't played more 10 hours for me to play. IMG_6757.jpg IMG_1999.jpg

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    looks really nice

15. neomatrix

neomatrix New Member

Thanks just few hours to play.

16. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

we'll be waiting for your feedback!

17. neomatrix

neomatrix New Member

I am sure everyone wanting to buy diamond series is desperately waiting for a review. Before I start I wanted to let everyone know that I am not a pro, so it's purely my own view.

So I got X7 silver and gold both to play with both without WPS and a grip which added a little to handle making it lightheaded. Both with BG 68 Ti x7 gold with 24lbs and silver with 25lbs played for good 4 hours.

Initial looks very very flashy especially gold it's something can be noticed easily from 10 meters. Very very light racquets which make them lighting fast responsive. In fact I felt like they are a strong shuttle magnet.

Very good for defence and net play very controlled replies sometimes makes you surprise as well. If you have a very strong arm you can get good smashes, which I don't so very poor power but very deep smashes.

Gold has that little extra stiff shaft but only pro can notice that and moreover I think it got compromised by less string weight so it's very hard for me to make any difference.

Now after playing I would highly recommend to add +1 weights on head while stringing as you can not add them later. All you can fiddle with handle weights, also it makes balance racket after adding grip.

Also if you can clear end to end go for higher string strength I would say 27lbs which will give power to your smashes.

well I will be playing again next week with some Wps -1 to handle and see if I get good smashes and than will wait for my string to break so that I can add weight to head.

Bottom line it's a good racquet because of WPS you can try different config before buying a fixed one. As I think high end will always will be a leading edge.

Hope this is useful review.

18. leongwaipak

leongwaipak Regular Member

Accountant
    I just bought this racquet earlier this week.. At the default with no weights, it only weights 93.5 grams. I was using one of those digital jewellry scales which goes up to 500grams so I can tell exactly the weight.
    Anyway, at 93 grams and 26lbs it's very light and good for control but not easy to generate strong smashes with. Unfortunately you can only play with the weight when you restring but you could add up to an extra 4 grams on the head (2grams on the top and 2 x 1grams on the side of the head).
    I think Adidas has the better weight adjustment system that allows you to change weights anytime you want.

I had the earlier X5 gold model before and loved it, this X7 one being a lighter racquet with no weights and also being a power player, it's too headlight for me. I reserve judgement when it's got the full weights on it.
    Coincidentally I'm asking my restringing friend to put the spare weights on another light racquet I have - Apacs stern 100 which is also very light at 93 grams. I tried APACS racquet with extra 3-4grams lead tape on the top and it was a really nice smashing racquet. unfortunately the lead tape moved around and ended up cutting the strings at the end of the night.

In conclusion, if you're a power player, put the full weights on the X7 making it go up to 97 grams. If you're a control player leave the weights off only 93 grams. Most other racquets like the Yonex ones are around the 98-100 grams mark.

19. jhengh

jhengh Regular Member

Quick review:
    Bought a Diamond X7 Carbon 3 months back, played with it mostly without any add ons for my doubles games. Awesomely light, excellent on defense, slightly lacking in power during smashes but nothing too worrying. You could feel slight vibrations during lobbing and smashing, but it's just so easy to maneuver. Pretty good. Strung with the pre-given RSL string at 25lbs with the RSL grip.

Now, last week just added 0.5 WPS on the top and sides, 1.5 grams in total. You would need to restring your racket in order to add them on, so I did with BG66 @ 27x28. Regripped with RKEP Ultimate, changed the bottom cap to +1 to balance things out. Shots became much more powerful, stable, at slight expense of weight. Can't wait to try it out more tomorrow evening.

All in all, I love looking forward to playing around with the WPS to test out the various set ups. Not a demanding racket at all as I'm not an excellent player to begin with. Elbow issues from previous rackets disappeared. I'm considering to get another x7 Carbon to have it in a default set up just for latter stages. Fun fun fun.

20. eugene chow

eugene chow Regular Member

purchaser
    Proud Owner of the Carbon Diamond X7 series.

Haven been playing it for quite awhile now, and i am loving it. I have found mine ideal weight +1 as i played double most of the time. String it with Yonex Ultimate 66 / 0.65mm at 25lbs tension.
    Simply love the sound everytime i hit the sweet spot.

Like bro jhengh have mention, this racket is very light and slight vibration when smashing. But i have notice that my backhand smash return have greatly improved. Now i can return the shuttle to the back court with great high and importantly fantastic control for cross net return.

And with the WPS, there is limitless of style to play with. Overall i am impress and a loyal follower of RSL diamonds series.