CAB 22 supreme...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cappy75, Jan 25, 2004.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Just curious cappy ... you mentioned before that the 3U felt "right" ... but the 2U that you obtained still takes some getting used to.

Are you getting another 2U, or opt for a 3U this time around?

-dave

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOLOLO. Now u r one of the converted :)
    It's like owning a hot rod ayl. It's powerful but it burns a lotta rubba (strings). :D

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Dave,

Now they all felt right:D!!! I have grown accustomed to 2U and will try to stick with same weight class if possible. Gotta aim for consistency here. However, not sure yet if my cousin could bring it or find it though cuz she's not a badminton player. I had just put in the request this morning, so we'll see what happen.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yeah, I am running the same stuff here. Cab20Power(3U) with BG66 :)
    Blue power rules! :cool:

(My other Cab20Px2(3U) and Cab22x2(2U) are currently unstrung in brand new status:) Enough for me to use them for my whole life)

5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist

Hey bluejeff,

How about you ... is 2U or 3U Cab22 interchangeable for you? Have a preference?

Curious if there's one you're leaning towards most of the time, or on your "on" days only.

-dave

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think I like 3U better than 2U for now :)
    Perhaps I will gain some muscle and will start to like 2U ;)

But anyway, 5 blue rackets packed up in my bag!! :cool:

7. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator

Nah I am sure I'll grow out of this Cab22 fever sooner or later. 1 Cab 22 is enough for me. Besides Cab23 is pretty close in performance but easier to use... :rolleyes:

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    months has passed. how are all the cab22 fans doing? are we still fans of the cab22?

cab22 is the most unforgiving racket in my bag. i need to be a tip top shape to really feel the magic of the cab22. in slightly off days, i find that perhaps we are a bit out of tune.

but the addiction is still there, everytime i go to the badminton gym i bring out my cab22 for a few hits, i try to befriend it, sometimes it turns out ok, but not all the time.

perhaps more training in consistency in the quality of my strokes will help, but up till then, i am still mostly unworthy of holding such an unforgiving weapon.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I would slot the above for my comments too. When i brought out my freshly strung cab22 which i havent played for 2 years, it felt harsh and not very repulsive. I immediately put it away thinking i might had out grew it or i had changed my stroke style from playing the MP's. Near the end of the session, i whip out the cab22 to try it again just to see if it was me that had changed or is the cab22 longer fit me. Surprised, :eek: the cab22 felt great, very repulsive and manuerable. Feels like i wanna hit drive and smash shots more so than clearing. Yes, cab22 is a feel good day racket. If you're not warmed up or hitting right, cab22 tells u 'don't bother me right now'

#109 cooler, Jan 4, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pictures for the drooling of fans. here is my collection, including 2 brand new unstrung ones. i don't think i will ever get more than this. considering how bombproof this racket is, 5 of them will probably last me till my legs falls off. i am saving up the 2 brand new ones for the day when i can consistently play good days as a reward for myself. meanwhile, they will stay in storage.

for those who are interested in getting more cab22, i think Mr. Keen may still have some stock. try to get hold of them via: mksg2@biznetvigator.com

Attached Files:

11. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Yep. Cab22 is still a real pain in the ass to use. But that's why it is so challanging to use it, and when you finally get it right it's well worth the trouble of putting up with it. :rolleyes:

12. kitsy

kitsy Regular Member

since this is the nearest thread i got for cab 22, i would just like to ask the cab 22 fans why isnt the cab 22 listed on the 2005-2006 yonex badminton racket chart?(i even checked the 2002 chart and it still isnt there) all the line up of rackets of yonex are listed here but no cab 22 or cab 20 power.. it also would usually rate the flexibility, control and power of all the rackets, so could anyone give a rating of the power, control and flexibility of the cab 22? on the chart, 5 would the the highest and 1 to be the lowest..

#112 kitsy, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  13. blinan8088

blinan8088 Regular Member

IT Programmer
    This is my personal rating for Cab22:
    stiffness: 5 (the stiffest racket I have used so far)
    power: 5 (only if I can handle it properly :D)

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    This is a very stiff and sturday racquet - much stiffer than the MP-100. Power and control comes from the player. If you have very strong upper body and core, I would highly recommend you to string this baby to 28 lbs for a spin :D .

15. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Perhaps because its last production was before Yonex started to make badminton racket selection chart?? Maybe... I am not sure though. CMIIW.

I just purchased my Cab22 this year (2005). However, the serial number is still the old type serial number, which indicates my cab22 is produced before year 2000.

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't think Cab22 is still in production, therefore, what we are buying now are the old stocks which could be depleted soon.

17. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    Yes, when I purchased my Cab22, it was very very dusty. The store sales person even asked me twice whether I was sure to buy the Cab22 since he recommended me other rackets which he thought "better", newer, and colorful. In my heart, I said, "Dude, you don't know a piece of jewel!" :D

18. kwiki

kwiki Regular Member

service man
    sorry , still want to know ,is it slim shaft ?:D

19. blinan8088

IT Programmer
    No, it is not. :)
    From Carbonex series, Cab21 is slim shaft, but not Cab22. CMIIW.

20. kitsy

kitsy Regular Member

could i ask you guys here, since its the nearest thread regarding the cab 22, does anyone know if the cab 22 specs are just like the cab 21 and cab 20? (box-frame, internal t-joint(built in), hi-modulus graphite and other stuff i forgot to mention if there still are..) does the smash power theory and high repellant painted on the sides of the cab 22 really true or is it just part of a marketing scheme? (stated in one thread)