INA squad for Sudirman Cup 2013

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2013' started by miksss, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whether Cai/Fu's time is up or not, I believe they themselves know the answer, the two players concerned and their coaches. But this is the least of CBA's worries, the fact is CHN has such depth of talents, they can field two teams if that's allowed and it's possible they may both end up contesting the finals between themselves.

The way I see it, just because CHN lost the XD when they were leading comfortably around mid-game in the decider fought between two closely matched pairs and their less-than-top-form-and-injury-plagued Wind and Cloud pair unexpectedly lost to an up-and-coming,promising INA pair, doesn't mean that overnight CHN Team is going downhill. I won't read too much into it, it's more of a one-off, isolated anomalous result. Even if CHN in this QF lost to INA or fails to defend their title this Sunday, it's still no big deal to me. It's only when they not only flop this time but also loses the next edition two years later, that it is a signal of real trouble brewing, a serious cause for concern.

My point is whether CHN wins by 5-0,3-0 or 3-1 or as in this case 3-2, it's still a definite win as CHN has been winning consistently the past decade or so. Yes,that's right, the key word is consistency. So I'd say it's too early to jump into any conclusions. Let's see how things pan out and which team finally mounts the winner's rostrum come Sunday. Meanwhile, hold your horses.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For goodness' sake, stop berating the eight WD players in that LOG'12 fiasco. To me,they are the unfortunate victims, not perpetrators, certainly not villains, of a system gone wrong which could have been prevented in the first place. Furthermore, the players themselves are not the only 'guilty' party, why should they bear the brunt of the blame? What's more,haven't they paid a heavy price for it even when it's not really their fault? If you're unable to empathize with them or have sympathetic understanding, at least stop pretending to be self-righteous, hypocritical, double-standard moralists.

3. well-son

well-son Regular Member

The most realistic post after the QF CHN vs INA, in my opinion.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Yongbo has words of praise for the INA team - http://sports.qq.com/a/20130524/010878.htm

My translation of the relevant part:-

[FONT=宋体]李永波也不得不赞叹印尼队的年轻人:“印尼队的年轻队员展示了他们的优秀,表现的比我想象中要好,这对印尼羽毛球将来的发展绝对是好事。”[/FONT]

Li Yongbo can't help but praise the INA youngsters:" The young players in the INA team displayed their excellence. performing better than I imagined. This absolutely bodes well for INA badminton in future."

5. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    That's very nice of Li Yongbo to say: hats off to him. Indonesia played great, but I agree with sen: they have to work on their singles players and WD's. I am however impressed by Lindaweni Fanetri; she glides on court and has a beautiful technique and style.

6. Kodok

Kodok Regular Member

mighty china only won 3-2 against weak indonesia. what a joke! hahahaha.

7. well-son

well-son Regular Member

It seems like you are so proud for labeling your own country "weak"? what a joke ! :D

In a serious note, INA is not weak at all, their team is filled with many youngsters, and as sen says, they are improving. If and if only they didn't meet CHN so early, they might go through the semifinal or final round, depending on which country they meet. So INA is not weak at all.

More appropriate words is INA is not strong enough to challenge CHN at the moment.

#147 well-son, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Ina didn't put their best player ? who else their best player that did not play against China in QF ? firda ? sony ? remember, LD also absent in this competition

9. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    the same goes to every one, include ina players, den players, korea players. btw, who is on earth that are not getting older and older ?

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Sudirman Cup held every 2 years. may I know when Ina can beat China in Sudirman Cup to know how soon of that "soon" ? is it 2 years later ? 4 years later ? or 6, 8, 10 years later ?

11. sen

sen Regular Member

I am hoping that INA will beat China next year 2014 Thomas Cup or 2014 Asian Games.

But the current PBSI officials are too modest, they stated 2 -3 years.

I believe the doubles player are talented so just need discipline, right pairing and next year there will be 3 young pairs in top 10, I hope.

MS is not too hopeful but with the right strategy and self belief, I think next year Thomas Cup will be interesting.

Uber Cup I think is still too unbalanced next year. China will still be strong.

Meanwhile Sudirman Cup 2015 is too long to predict.

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Just watch and see...do not use the provocative words, please...

13. miksss

miksss Regular Member

14. Kodok

Kodok Regular Member

who cares?

15. well-son

well-son Regular Member

At least you do care by putting some effort on reading the news and being the first who making a reply on this matter :p
    INA is very fortunate to have a very very caring fan like you ;).

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

17. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Rigidly said, yes, you're right if by book is the sole and only consideration!

However, if the chief ever deems farther and lives wiser, knowing the squad are:

-so unfortunate (or ridiculous :confused:) to be drew into the same opponent again after residing in the same group! And this same opponent in the last eight is none other than CHN, the many times defending champion and undoubtedly the most formidable squad at present.

-able to win two matches from eventually the champ, which is undeniably the best achievement among CHN's opponents in this tournament [which is a good indication of the probability to achieve better outcome had the draw dictated differently]

- working very hard and perform pretty well but unfortunately the ill-fated draw stopped their further progress

then being awarded some bonus should be quite understandable and constitutes a positive thought of the leadership to maintain and even grow the overall team spirit, hard labor, and further advancement of the INA badminton team (players, coaches & assistants, and all other individuals involved), imo :p

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think a bonus was deserved - they did perform well, and quite frankly you can't expect any country to win against China in a team event. Getting China in the Quarters was really bad luck, I believe they could've done better against Japan or Taipei. Against Korea they only could've won the XD as they stand no chance against any of their MD teams (the only reason they won it against China is that they didn't field Liu/Qiu).

19. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

Fallacy. Korea's MS is beatable, plus LYD/KHS lost tamely to Hendra Setiawan/Md. Ahsan the last time the two pairs played.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

And yet the INA pair has lost to Bao/Zheng in the Axiata Cup after that final, and hasn't won another tournament, while the Koreans have enjoyed success. And while Korea's MS is indeed beatable, the fielded INA MS players are the definition of beatable. Sony was doing well the past year and would actually have been the favorite against LDK, but those that actually played....losing tamely to Kashyap Parupalli is not a sign you can beat LDK ;)