Yonex racket user. Buying first Victor racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lauleen, May 23, 2013.

1. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks for the advice! I've been reading numerous threads and I can see how powerful the tk8000 is for smashes. But I think I am going to go for the MX-JJS as I'm not an all out smasher all the time. But everyone's advice has really helped me decide something which I'm sure would have taken me a lot longer! I just need to decide on the strings I want on it now :( Does it come in different grip sizes?

2. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    U must try zymax 62 for repulsion and ultra loud sound, but durability is short, for me durability not important, can last for 1 or 2 month

3. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

And also 3U or 4U :(

4. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I don't think the mapping chart can do the justice. For example, you can see the indicator for head weight rating shows 4/5 for both MX-JJS and TK8000 but in the chart you can find the TK8000 is way up higher. For another example, you will find the TK8000 is placed far more towards the right side (X-axis) compared to the MX80 which has greater stiffness instead. There are some posts discussing the accuracy of Victor's racket mapping chart :D

It depends on your arm strength whether to choose the 3u or 4u. In general, most of well-trained players should have no problem with 3u, unless if it's a "very" head-heavy racket.

For the grip size, you can search some information here :
    http://www.victorsport.com/coach_detail_1336.html?cid=275

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

To me the Victor chart has no rationale behind it.

6. lilsparda

lilsparda Regular Member

Offtopic.

Bro, where do you string zymax 62 in JB? Cant find any place that stocks this particular brand of strings here.

7. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    Easy like abc, go find honly sports trading

8. lilsparda

lilsparda Regular Member

Last time I went there wasn't any that I can find. Normally their strings they put it on the booklet. Or have to ask them?

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Going back to the topic, I think MX-London can be a good substitute of Arc10 too. Not sure if it can be easily found in UK shops though.
    I took some time to check the BP of my Arc10 and MX-London and it came to my surprise that they are actually almost the same, considerably lower than MX-JJS. I know it's not an exact precise "dry" measurement but they are using the same string BG80 and one layer of Toalson Ultra Grip on top of the original grip, so it won't get off too far.

10. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Interesting. Were you able to measure the gross weights of the rackets?

11. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Ah, Eric has said he only does G5 grip size, which is fine. I think I'm also gonna go for 3u. Hm, I didn't realise the chart was so far off. But I guess if I'm looking for an all round racket from Victor, then I can't really go wrong with MX-JJS?

12. geubes

geubes Regular Member

I have both the BS11 and LYD and much prefer the BS11 for fast doubles with feathers, the BS11 could be a little to light for Singles though? the head weight of the LYD makes it better for plastics but slower on smash defence. I am only an average club player but found the BS11 definitely suited my game, strung with Zymax 65 at 25lbs, its stiffer than the BS12 and a little lighter (making it feel stiffer again), but has enough flex to make it easy to generate steep fast smashes. After using the BS11 I think I might find the BS12 a little to flexy.

Also http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/index.aspx have just started stocking Victor stuff, they are a good shop and I have used them many times in the past for Badminton and Tennis gear.

If you liked the Arc10 you might want to at least think about the extra stiffness in the BS11 over the 12.