racket recomendation for double : bs12 or arc 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kecugak, Jun 1, 2013.

1. kecugak

kecugak New Member

Hello,
    I'm an intermediate player looking to buy a new racket. I play only double and prefer play in the front. My wrist relatively weak and I'm not heavy smasher but more controlled/placement smash.
    I'm interested in bs12 or arc11. Could someone give me comparison between those 2? Which one is better suited for me?

thank you

2. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I would say that the ARC11 will suit your needs. If you prefer a more controlled smash, the ARC11 delivers well on that. Also, it is a great overall racket, so once you improve your smash technique, it will be noticeable on the courts.

3. jukebox

jukebox Regular Member

You didn't list it as one of your choices, but may I suggest the ArcFB? It sounds like we have very similar playstyles, and I am currently loving the ArcFB. Brilliant for drives and netplay, drops feel very natural, and it still has enough power to get by on smashes.

4. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I forgot about this one. The smashes with the ArcFB aren't as powerful as BS12 or Arc 11, however seeing as you enjoy controlled games, this is also an ideal racket. Be careful not to clash with it though ;P

5. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    The arc11 might not be suitable if you have a weak wrist , its a stiff shaft, and with a even balance it feels even more stiff compared to head heavy racquets. I have the arc11 myself and it takes allot to get the whole frame and shaft to work for you. The arc11 does however excel in control play, and its smashes are very accurate and drives and pushes feel very natural, but does lack in power greatly. The bravesword 12 though is comparatively less stiff, so may be more suitable because of your weaker wrist. Its also even balance so is very good for the front court. If your willing to work on your wrist strength I would go with the arc 11 as it suits your needs very well.

6. Knicknack

Knicknack Regular Member

Arc11 and bs12 are similar rackets. Both excels in double play with arc11 have a little more power with a stiff shaft and bs12 is faster with an aero frame and more forgiving with a medium shaft. Give them a try but I'd suggest a 4u bs12 for u.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    either one should be fine cos Lee Young Dae have used the BS11 in the past, and is now using BS12!!!

8. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

BS12 is a way forgiving racket than arc11

9. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

You should try bs12. It will be easier to unleash power with medium stiff racket and yet fast enough to cover the court.