Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    Less is more.....

2. Spondars

Spondars New Member

I have arc 10 it worth to change to arc 11?

3. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    Change to arc 11 from 10 is a small margin of change

4. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    New weapon always better and brings more joy

5. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    its an improvement but ill stick to the peter gade arc 10

6. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Now I regret parting with my Arcsaber 10 PG..... :crying:

7. shobonuva

shobonuva New Member

the Arc 11 has something called sonic metal, when you hit the shuttle the racket rings

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I heard that when you hit the shuttle, it plays Metallica.

9. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    ....sound of music

10. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I really want to try this racket, simultaneously with my Arcsaber 10, which I have been using for the past 2 months?

11. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    I hv the 11

12. byakuugan

byakuugan Regular Member

I did say couple pages back that I preferred normal Arc 11 to TH Arc 11. Guess which one I ended up buying? the TH edition :D

13. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

14. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    Needless to say...arc11 rules them all!

15. hobbes09

hobbes09 New Member

Just thought to share my first review here.

I got the AS11 about a month back and it is stringed with BG66 Ultimax, 26lbs. So far, I have played with the racket for about 4hrs now, probably 6 double matches IIRC. I was previously using a heavier racket (flymax) and it is a pretty old racket.

I think I am still in the familiarisation period with the racket. Net play is easier now and this is one of my weaknesses before. Now I find it easier to control the shuttle and return a net shot with a sharp net shot. Likewise, drop shots from the baseline are sharper too. Strangely though, I find that lifts at the net going out of play quite easily. It can be a good 0.5m out from the baseline. Smashing is the part that I struggle with now. I have yet to adjust to the timing and even if I put my body weight into the smash, it seems like there is not much power in the shot. Quite a number of guys here have commented how the mid-court drives have improved. I'm still trying to get that shot... maybe i'm timing it wrong as well.

I reckon I need another 4 hrs and 6-8 games to get a hold of this racket. I like the way it plays at the net and if I can get my smash together, this may just be the racket for me. :)

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Never seen such a boring looking racket like the Arc11 TH Edition. It looks like an Arc7. A standard racket without anything special.
    I mean, this should be THE last racket dedicated to THE retired olympic champion?

Okay, on the other side, it absolutely matches to his way of getting more and more forgotten how good he really was. So in the end he was just a boring and "another" badminton player without any fighting spirit. So the boring looking racket describes his end of his badminton career pretty well.

And his quote on the Arc11 TH Edition "Winning is an attitude" is a bad joke if you look at ALL of his recent matches.
    How sad that I didn't got the chance to watch him in his earlier days when he was hungry to win the tournaments.

17. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Accordaz,

Feel i need to respond to your last post. Ok so the ARC 11 TH is not a fantastic looking racket but it is the same colour as the ferrari he drives :cool:. I too agree he could have done more for his last game and think an event similar to Gades would have been more fitting; but who would he have played against?

I disagree TH is not completely over the hill. If you watch the Axiata Cup 2012 he was still a high performer. After the OG I think he let his conditioning drop off and just played for enjoyment, no pressure. After all he had achieved most titles worth competing for at a young age. His focus is now on his TH arena and I wish him all the best.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It was and still is not my purpose to insult him or anyone else.
    Just shared my opinion. My comments to his performance was just by the way.

I also think he just wanted to play a little bit. Another thought: He only kept playing tournaments for his contract to Yonex.

Whatever, back to topic: Most people would say the red version of Arc11 is a lot more beautiful than the TH Edition. Unfortunately. Even Arc10 Premium looked much better.

19. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Bro, give yourself sometimes for adjustment. It is for sure a pretty awesome racket to play with.

I have owned it for few months, I just played with it just now and I can say the smashing power that Arc11 can release is almost on par with those head heavy racket like Zforce, MX80 and C7 which I played with before. Other areas are very good also, I keep on improving on every shot that I play in the court whenever I use it. It truly makes me enjoying my game.

Cheers! :cool:

20. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    Had this racket for a month now. I have to agree with hobbes09 that lefts from the net for me are out by half a meter or so, and this happens more often then my previous rackets. One of my main weaknesses since the start has always been net shots and drop shots, the last tournament I played in with the arc 11 many people complimented by drop shots and net control which I never thought would happen! Smashes are great, power is there as long as you know how to whip as stiff shaft and is not far behind any head heavy rackets that are known for power. Drives are very accurate and require very little effort.

Now onto the whole "sonic metal" business. Its marketed well, but the difference is minimal. The ping is slightly louder and higher pitched but its nothing amazing, heck its not even noticeable in game.