MX JJS 3u or 4u

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lauleen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Hi guys

So I'm going to order my MX JJS from RKEP. But I can't decide on whether to get the 3u or 4u. All my rackets are out of service, so I don't really have any to hand to compare. I like to smash from the back/mid and play mens doubles mainly, but I'm not an all out smasher. I usually string my rackets at 26lb and I know 4u would be ideal for stringing at this tension. Also I'm not built physically, but I haven't had any problems using 3u before. Would I be sacrificing much power getting the 4u over 3u?

2. Dread97

Dread97 Regular Member

i would also like to know the differences between the two as im currently deciding between the two myself. Any insights would be much appreciated.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Depends on your previous rackets and what you're comfortable with.

4. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

My previous rackets have been first gen t-10 3u, arc10 3u and nanospeed 9900 (can't remember 3u or 4u, most probably 3u I think). I only really play mens doubles and can see why a lighter racket might suit doubles more. But if there's a sacrifice in power, then I'm inclined to go for the 3u.

5. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

Personally I won't buy any Victor racket base on the label 3U and 4U (I've 3 different Victor rackets, including JJS). It's better if you can ask "RKEP" to find you the specific weight. I've tried three 3U-JJS in a store, and their weight felt totally different. Victor usually has very high or very low +/- 5g on their rackets.

6. user777

user777 Regular Member

Agreed on victor screw up on weight on rackets. I bought 3 rackets from Eric and all in 3u but 2 labels have 3u and one has 4u. I weighted all rackets and they are the same weight. I asked Eric and he also told me that it's victor screw up.

7. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Seriously? Thanks for the advice guys, I would have never have known they would mislabel something as important as that. I'll be sure to ask Eric when I make my order. Lol, but I'm still undecided whether to get 3u or 4u. I played last night with my friend's Arc10 3u, mens doubles and it reminded me how much I love that racket. But it still felt slightly heavy for men's doubles, smashes felt great and defence was ok. No one had any rackets similar to it in 4u for me to compare. So really I'm just looking for people with experiences using similar rackets 3u or 4u.

8. binwind

binwind New Member

yeah,Depends on your previous rackets and what you're comfortable with.[​IMG]

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I think the swing weight between a 3u Arc10 is not so much different compared to the 4u MX-JJS since the MX-JJS has a taller BP towards its head. Hence, if you feel a 3u Arc10 is too heavy for you, then you can forget about getting a 3u MX-JJS.

Just my $0.02

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep agree, if you want something just a tad lighter than 3u arc10 but still want to retain the power, then 4u mxjjs is the one.

11. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks guys, decided to go for the 4u. Just put in my order with RKEP, BG66UM out of stock :(, so went for NBG98 instead. Haven't used these strings before!

12. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I play mainly doubles and all my racquets are strung with BG-80 at 26lbs. My primary racquets are the 3U VT-80 and the 3U Arm-900P. In fact, any yonex racquet I've ever bought is 3u. I also own one 3u and one 4u MX-80. The difference between them is huge with the 4u being great for doubles as it is quite fast for drives and smash returns but also has decent smashing power. The 3u is also fun but compared to the 4u I find it awkward to play with. So based on my personal experience I would go with the 4u.

13. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks! Hopefully I've made the right choice! It should be arriving sometime next week. Too bad they don't have anymore stock of 4u TK8000, otherwise I would have bought that as well