Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    PG66 is a pretty fun string imo. Good grip, power, durability and the feel is really interesting. I enjoyed that string when I used to use it. What colour did you get? Put it in a racquet you're maybe not enjoying as much. Gave my old cheap racquets a new lease of life. Made them fun again. :)

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Personally I found the PG66 to be incredibly numb, so numb in fact that I didn't use up the 3rd and last set I got in nearly a year....strung at 31 it played like a BG80 at 26, maybe 27.....

3. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    When I used it I was used to playing at 25lbs with bg80 but the stringer recommended having it at 27.5 to feel like 25lbs and it was good advice. 2.5lbs higher than tension with bg80 felt as hard as the bg80. But for the racquets I tried it on, I felt it was a fun string that you could mess about with. I wouldn't use it for serious games or tournaments but for casual knocking about it was just fun to mess about with. Like having a lightish, flexible racquet for messing about. It's fun to play with but I would never use it for anything serious obviously. I wouldn't recommend it as a go to string but it's fine for messing about with. Also the colours are very bright :D

4. Kirbit316

Kirbit316 Regular Member

Student
    Ahh, I'm putting the accupower (white) on my z force, the pg (normal orange not power orange) on my rsl, and when the bg 80 p breaks on my n 55ii, ill put in zymax 62 or ac 62+ :D

5. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    Sounds good. PG is more appreciable on mid end racquets than high-end racquets imo. YEMV. Enjoy the z62. :D It's a fun string. :) The power trip you would get with zy62 on your z-force would be insane though I'm sure! :D

6. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I just got the royal blue! Its not like the blue BG80, more like NS30. Im gonna string it when my ZM62 breaks, so it shouldnt be too long :D

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Gonna get 2 sets of the white Zm62 and 65 from Eric. Kinda wondering at what tension I should string the Zm62, as anything over 26 is pretty much guaranteeing a break in the first session, otoh that would be 4lbs below my usual tension and thus probably too soft :S

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

[MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION] - my red ZM62 was strung @ 24lbs ECP on the APP. My white ZM62 which broke in 3 hours was strung on a crank @ 24lbs on my Legend II. I got it restrung again by a different stringer @ 24lbs again and its probably also not ECP.
    I'm not sure if that is why I don't find the white any crisper than the red as [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] says it is supposed to be. But one thing I can say is that the red so far is more durable.
    But regardless of colour, I like how the ZM62 plays overall. Waiting for more of the red to come in so I can get the TK8k restrung as well.

9. phili

phili Regular Member

Got the white 65 on my racket for 3 months now. Tension has dropped a bit from initally 23x25 but feels good still. Also the string almost looks like brand new. I must say I am impressed, it lasts longer than my last BG65s.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Zm62 @26lbs is around 28-29lbs for bg80 or 27-28lbs for zm65. Then again you're your own stringer so not much problem if you break strings. :)

11. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    @j4ckie I think up to 28 lbs (zm62) without prestretch you should be good. But then again, it depends on how protected your top main strings are.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Problem is that with that diameter any off-center hit will break them.....my last 2 sets broke in one session, one on a smash (hit slightly low and to the side, breaking 2 mains) and one on a net kill (hit lower and further to the side, breaking a main).
    I'll go ahead and try them at 28 w/o pre-stretch, as my go-tos are Vs850@32 and Bg65Ti@31. Bg80 I'd play at 30 usually (although the only one I actually use right now is a 32/33 on my XP70).

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The 2nd gen Z62 is fine up to 30 as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know if it's made its way to Europe yet - I was sent some by Dink.

If it were up to me, every racket would have the Yonex Z pattern - it's almost impossible to bork an exposed main or cross it's that dense.

14. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Does the 1st gen play any different? I believe the ones Dink sent me are 1st gen silver/platinum. Haven't used them yet.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

1st gen is thinner - we measured it at 0.58 mm slack (compared to 0.62 for the mk2).

16. visor

visor Regular Member

But then, stringers like you would have less business. :p

17. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Just tried stringing ZM65 Blue @30LBS ECP, but unfortunately it broke on the third last cross :crying: Its much harder to string than the yellow, cause it feels much softer. Will give it a try more tomorrow, if that breaks as well I will just go back to the yellow version. (money down the drain:mad:)

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[post] Picture in packaging? (before you ruin them all ;):p)

19. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I will post some pics later today, the last one I had broke today aswell. It doesnt look good for the blue version. :(

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    emm..I never use a blue Zymax before but that dosent sound good