Anyone want to play badminton weeknights in downtown toronto?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Coolbluz, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Coolbluz

Coolbluz Regular Member

Student
    I am hoping to get back into the game, anyone interested in playing? I am available week nights after 6 and would like to get a few evenings in if anyone is interested.

2. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    I would like to play... But where in downtown?

3. Coolbluz

Coolbluz Regular Member

Student
    I am still looking for places downtown if anyone else on the forum knows of any... I was thinking at ryerson university to start, if we can't find anything, can get a gym membership there.. If worst comes to worst I can get a gym closer to islington but prefer not to go that far... Will keep looking around, but if we have enough interest, should be easy to rent out some courts... What do you think?

4. SUDOKU

SUDOKU Regular Member

Health Care
    Islington is a bit far. Ryerson sounds good, but would they rent the courts out? Other place that I have seen badminton courts is at YMCA (or is it YWCA) around Yonge and Grosvenor. Any community centre close to downtown that has gyms?

5. Coolbluz

Coolbluz Regular Member

Student
    I looked around today, Ryerson is first come first serve basis outside scheduled court times... I remember the basketball guys are always there though... I checked the TDSB... that is another option, it will start in September, if i get enough interest I can rent a school gym downtown 6pm-10pm Monday to Friday. I am looking at 3 places around Yonge/Gerrard area, anyone else interested in playing downtown? I'm thinking starting with Tuesday and Thursdays...

6. Coolbluz

Coolbluz Regular Member

Student
    Checked all the schools and community centres in the downtown area.. They are all booked through the school year... The closest I found is a public school near china town but it still costs quite a bit and we don't seem to have enough interest to make it worthwhile... Back to the drawing board for next year...

7. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    You could always try U of Toronto Varsity Centre

8. Coolbluz

Coolbluz Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, I was trying to find a place I to get regular days in.. I guess all that's available now are the university gyms, but they are hit and miss on week nights.. Thanks ^^ ...