The Talking Point: Air Conditioning!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by gelee, Aug 11, 2013.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    looking back at all the posts in this thread, I can see only LD's and LCW's "representative" talking
    on behalf of the players and in actual, LD and LCW already let this drama over....
    both players did not mention anything about the A/C issue, LCW himself did not blame his
    defeat due to the air cond, and one of the local Malay newspaper here wrote something more
    stupid, that I think is ridiculous and not worth mentioning...

LD proved again he is the best, a great match by both legend....
    I am proud of LCW achievement so far and thank him for his contributions to Malaysia badminton
    and I already started to miss him even before he retires....as we all knew, after LCW
    we have nothing much to discuss in BC :crying:

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Whether you like it or not, the hidden meaning of this thread, many will ponder, is to justify LCW's lost. But it can't and will never draw a clear conclusion, without forgetting the fact that everyone in that freaking oven was being cooked, this thread is getting more and more insipid for it's purpose.

But if you realign the thread to another way like this: "We have triathlon, we have Iron Man trials.. But who can come to China and endure a game of cruel badminton where the air cond will be turned off mid-game. Come and I dare you, I challenge you. This is even harder than the ninja games, where the price money is tripled!" Now that would certainly put the whole issue on a different light, good or bad, up to your perception. :D But of course, when the air is turned off, there will be a ringing bell, just like the last lap of a bicycle race at the velodrome. Doing it without informing is just downright secretive and DEVIOUS.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    TSB was absent for a short while at the beginning of G3, at around 3:2 with LCW leading.. I think TSB was protesting to the Referee and the manager of the organizer.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    It's an excellent idea as long as you can find sufficient spectators, sponsors and people who can organize a world-class badminton events.

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Was the A/C turned off during LD vs LCW match in 2011?

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Then why didn't he state in his raging interview that he was protesting?

Maybe he just went to the loo to have a leak? ;)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LOL

yeah I'm sure we need the A/C for average temperatures 13 degrees Celsius in London in August :cool: (http://www.holiday-weather.com/london/averages/) Especially when the heat is gonna get to a unbearable 23 degrees on average maximum temperatures.

I don't know about others but I prefer heaters rather than A/C for temperatures below 15 degrees ;)

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Might have gone to see what LYB has been doing near Air condition machine..:D

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    looks like my previous warning (quoted above) need to be re-iterated. people have stirred up the mud again so if that continues, i am going to start more severe measures.

thanks.

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Best explanation to date ! :D:D
    Then LYB slips a million dollar cheque into TSb's pocket and he's all smiles again :D

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Hopefully not.

But if i recall it correctly, LCW did have some cramp too after the WC 2011 final, didn't he? And it is with him have 6 hours of earlier rest than LD.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Though i am a big fan of Taufik , i must congratulate Lindan and LCW for their commitment to badminton in their own terms. Yesterday, despite being long time rivals in terms of badminton, they have shown us a spectacular show on courts. This discussions regarding lindan's inclusion or air condition turn off etc did not in any way affected the beauty of badminton when these players entered the arena . We all loved to watch it forgetting everything. If at all, any fischy things happened, it is the duty of BWF to tackle it with suitable arrangements and enquiry :). So, let us not discuss things here . It seems like keep on going and going that leads to endless road :(. Whatever Happened is happened. When you consider in the higher picture, you might see LCW sitting at his home spending with his family nicely at this time ,when we are dangling with each others for him. Let us finish this topic here itself. It's already 16 pages.. IMO. Even a GPG tournament does not get this much attention from fans all over the world . :eek:

#272 scorpion1, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lcw did answered about the a/c issue in the latest interview.
    cant imagine if it was posted here
    haha

14. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I wanted to posted it here..... should I? Wait, it might bring in an even bigger firestorm.....

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We are now only having a sandstorm. I think BC can survive a thunderstorm. Bring on the firestorm.:D

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

BC have survived thunderstorm and firestorm before. The thing that will happen is the thread will be closed after some cyclone wind blow, that's it...;) Yeah, I read that news reports too, maybe we dont post, let everyone find it themselves :p

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

As the temperature & Malaysia hot weather all year thingy, which year was it WC was in Paris?
    It was hot outside, hot inside with a stadium no aircond. TBH suffered dehydration after one of the matches, vs LYD/JJS.
    Summary : Malaysia is hot & humid, Paris is hot & dry, different effects. China is ???

18. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i think if you have the time, search for those threads in support your argument, it would be more convincing :) i understand it's just for fun, and i love both players equally, but someone is going to get butt-hurt and you're going to get flamed for it, just saying, i think it's entertaining tho :)

19. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

post it! post it limsy! I wanna here.... :D

20. gelee

gelee Regular Member

Come on post it....dont tease us like that man.