Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Not that hard for the fakers to squirt some formaldehyde from a bottle onto the strings before packaging them. :p ;)

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Unless the dude that claims these are fake can actually tell us the tell-tale signs to identify them, I'm not convinced they are fake.
    The profit margin of faking Zymax is so little it's not worth the effort!

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Oh btw [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] - I picked up a 4U JJS today and it has black Victor VS-32 on it. Came directly from Victor Canada.
    My last 3U JJS has black Victor VS-100 Taiwan on it.
    Can't seem to find anything on VS-32. Looks pretty thick.

4. Dread97

Dread97 Regular Member

My racket string just broke (BG80P) D:. Im currently interested in the Zymax 62 and Zymax 65. Can anyone tell me how they compare to each other and Yonex's BG80P? I would like to know about the durability and tension loss especially.

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I used the BG80P on my Vt-80 and while it had power, it felt a bit dull to me. The ZM65 behaves a little like the BG66UM but to me felt harder and less tension loss. The ZM62 is very crisp feeling and extremely repulsive but not as durable. However the red seems more durable than the white.

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I also doubt that they be reselling fake. How about you try email them and see what their comment about it

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Funny, for me it was the other way around - the ZM65 was a bit dull and lost more tension than the 66UM. Compared to the BG80P, however, it should have slightly more direct feeling and be somewhat more elastic (i.e. easier accessible power, but not the same massive feeling on smashes).
    Durability, of course, is noticeably below that of the 80 and 80P.
    ZM62 is so thin that I can not string it at a tension where it feels tight. It's pretty repulsive and has great feedback, but the durability is nothing for serious players with a limited budget :D

8. mannygk

mannygk Regular Member

student
    Stringersworld is not the official distributor but it is a registered dealer as listed on the distributor's site http://www.ashaway.co.uk/index.php?page=retailers

I'm 100% sure that the black zymax, and most likely the blue, are real

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes, Goode Sport is the UK Ashaway distributor. If you check Goode's site, it says Zymax strings are available in 3 colors-optic yellow, white, and red. There is no mention of blue or black.
    Their packing also looks legit.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Are there any members here who are directly or indirectly involved in pushing Zymax black and blue strings?
    I have a funny feeling there is more to it than meets the eye.

11. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Not me but your protestations despite evidence and assurances that the products are legit suggests to me that you have our own agenda.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Evidence, what evidence? Assurances are frankly quite useless without evidence.
    Point out one authorized Ashaway distributor that can lead us into their website showing evidence that Zymax blue and black strings are being offered.
    Simply claiming that shop A is a dealer of the UK distributor (Goode Sport) is not evidence that blue and black strings are legit. It is close to fraud.

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Ok, so I've done everything I can as a user of the black to assure you they are real. Now it's down to you to prove it's fake. Put up or shut up.

14. mannygk

mannygk Regular Member

student
    If you check Goode's site it also says that the zymax strings are now available in "new" red, which they have been for ages. I reckon that they just haven't updated that page on their site. Also the UK market gets far fewer fake badminton products floated on it compared to Asia; the niche is just too small here for it to be profitable.

Anyway this is getting a bit overexaggerated. I'm a student who plays badminton for fun, not a spy involved in some hilariously misguided, small-potatoes Illuminati style conspiracy to sell dark coloured strings to a small group of strangers on the internet. Some rationality and perspective go a long way, but I'm not going to add anymore because involving myself in an argument about the colour of a single badminton string is, in the grand scheme of things, making me feel more than a little bit silly :p

#1514 mannygk, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, Stringerworld is not an Ashaway distributor. Goode Sport is, in the UK.
    As you have taken the trouble to provide us the Ashaway UK distributor website, now everyone can log into it. After logging in look out for the words Ashaway and just click away to search for what they offer in ways of colors and gauges for Zymax strings. LOL, no blue or black. Only white, red, and yellow.
    mannygk, I hope all these unintended consequences of the black and the blue have not embarrassed some people.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Nice try for trying to twist around the words 'now available in new red". It says no such thing and promises no new colors. All it says is that Ashaway Zymax strings are now available in the UK. Also it also says all the Zymax strings are available in 3 colors, red, white, yellow, with no hint of future blue or black colors.

I am seeing more and more unintended consequences. I only hope nobody has ordered a container load of blue or black Zymax strings.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Dude. Seriously. Websites, especially those of smaller companies, are hardly ever up-to-date. To this day, there is no official adidas badminton website, yet a ton of people are already using their products. Are those all fake?
    Personally, I barely have any interest in this discussion as I probably won't be using Zymax regularly again anytime soon, but I'm starting to get annoyed with your style of arguing.
    While the users of blue/black haven't really proven anything, neither have you. In fact your 'proof' (one lousy website listing the available products) is way more shaky than theirs (at least a mail from a distributor). Another example of websites not proving anything would be the German version of the Yonex site, which is almost always hopelessly running behind. At times there was a new racket available for several months before you could actually see it on that website, same goes for strings or clothes.

PS: mannygk wasn't 'twisting around the words' or anything, he just quoted and drew a completely reasonable conclusion. The site advertising red as new color does indeed indicate it hasn't been updated in quite some time - I've used up a whole reel of red ZM65 by myself and am halfway through one of 67, red isn't a new color for them by any means.

#1517 j4ckie, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  18. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Hasn't Kwun (a guy that gets a lot of stuff sent to him to review) got a few videos of him stringing rackets with the imaginary red zymax?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You're missing my point. I'm saying that the red Zymax is quite old really, and that a website stating it was new must be outdated.
    And if you're not completely new to the forum, you gotta know who kwun is - no explanation needed ;)

20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Ah I misread your statement, my apologies. Anyway, the "fakers" need to sell the string properly as it's better than the BG80 and BG80P I've used in the past.