Black Knight C2C Taper 40!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roadjunky, Aug 31, 2013.

1. roadjunky

roadjunky Regular Member

Anyone is using(or used) it and can review please. I can get a pretty good deal on them right now.

Looking for slightly head heavy in stiff!

Thanks

2. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    The C2C Taper 40 feels slightly head heavy. They feel on the lighter side of 3U bordering 4U. In terms of stiffness, I find the Black Knight racquets are usually not as stiff as Yonex racquets.

I have not played with one although I know of multiple people that play with them. I also purchased one for my brother and have held it in my hand.

Plus its gold. Freakin' gold!

3. roadjunky

roadjunky Regular Member

Just went to the shop and saw the racket for the first time(online only before). The Gold color was enough to turn me elsewhere, too flashy!!!! Reminded me of the sprinter gold shoes, I think it was Johnson, anyways....
    I have been showed Yonex ArcSaber 11 and ArcSaber 8 DX. Not the same price range, but I am leaning toward one of these 2 so far. The 11 stiffness is tempting me more but it is almost double the price. I am thinking long term here, if I can buy one that fit well of course. Anyone can compare these 2 in terms of stifness control and feel ?

4. chocoboc

chocoboc Regular Member

I have this racket. This is a very flexible racket when comparing to my VT60 (sold), Kason F9 and Carvel with lead tape. If you plan to play for long hours and whip the racket a lot, then you'll love it.

Sweet spot is large. Effortless clear from baseline to baseline even when you're off balance!

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Slightly head-heavy, moderately stiff, and a good price? Victor Tornado 626.

Fast enough for front doubles play. And can smash all day from the back.
    <$80 at Source for Sports where I live. It must be old stock, but it is a great bargain IMHO once you put your favourite string on it.

As for "long term": no racket from any manufacturer seems to have a long run anymore. They make 'em until they figure the bored rich kids are ready to buy something else new and shiny. :rolleyes: