2013 Yonex Japan Open SS : Quarterfinals to FINALS (20th-22nd September 2013)

Discussion in 'Japan / Indonesia Open 2013' started by CLELY, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sen

sen Regular Member

This is a Yonex sponsored event, up to Yonex to ask anyone. If Yonex wants its branch manager to give the award, nobody can say who is that person and what have that person done.

I believe nobody in this forum knows how many Yonex t-shirt or racket or shoes that have been sold that was contributed by their sponsored ex-player.

2. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

selective justice will not justify the justice but just let ppl feel like hyprocrite... sorry for using the word, but i could not find any better one... :D

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I couldn't believe that you stooped so low to defend a walk-over in a Final event by pointing others who have done it. All of them have learned it from the master, CBA. Just look it up how many W/O have been done in events between the CHINA players. It is notoriously ridiculous across all categories. It is horrible! Yes. The Koreans did it in the last event, WD in Taipei SS. Perhaps, they did use this W/O by following CBA's example to boost their WD pairs ranking.

Today XuChen/MaJin gave a W/O to ZN/ZYL in the beginning of the event. ZN/ZYL is given the free pass to regain ranking #1. Besides, MaJin has another event to play later in WD. CBA is genius and nobody can and will do anything about it.

#303 indrg, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

…and i didn't say what are acceptable or not, just said if you think certain act is not acceptable to you, please condemn all such acts, not just only pinpoint some and not the others.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Most of them are too shameful to say anything.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Where is JustinL when we need him? He should break down the tactics, strategy, back-door comand-and-control from LYB straight to XuChen, ZN, ZYL and MaJin.

7. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Its just not with China. Now we see many matches between the players of the same nations that end up in walkovers, for example Korea in Chinese Taipei GPG.
    Japan is a nation where this thing happens really rarely. All these countries must learn from it. I remember the match between Minatsu Mitani and Uchida and if it had been other countries (we all know which countries) Uchida would have conceded a walkover and the higher ranking player, MM, would have got the much needed rest. Instead, Uchida beat MM in three grueling games and later beat Wang Yihan to reach the finals. This way even youngsters will develop their game not just be mere foot soldiers to the high ranked players

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Uchida should be older than Mitani, but yes, agree with rajat_remar

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friends, why bother to explain and respond when you know what their real agenda is ? In my post to the venomous insect who started the quarrel that ensued, I wasn't taking issue with walkovers which he bolded but that he implied the rest day by Kang Jun/Liu Cheng (forgetting Liu Cheng also played XD) didn't help them to beat Ahsan/Setiawan. Who on earth would give Kang/Liu an iota of chance against the mighty INA pair ?!

We can distinguish the sincere critics from the hypocritical double-standard ones. If XC/MJ vs ZN/ZYL were maxed out playing badminton of the highest quality, how many of these critics would have their eyes glued on this match ? I believe only someone like kwun was genuinely disappointed with the walkover and his outburst is justified for which I tend to share his sentiments. As for the rest ,do they really give a damn, regardless whether XC was down with fever or not ? A few of them pretended to have short memories, conveniently forgetting their own national players were guilty of the same.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What's your problem, mister? You've an axe to grind with me ? If I think you are worth having a conversation with , I'd engage you willingly and happily, if not, just forget it, no need to get so personal and uptight about it. There's such a thing called etiquette.

11. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I don't like that it has become as if EVERY walk-over between compatriots(mostly China) now has a tactical meaning behind it. Never can you actually be injured or suddenly become sick and not be the target of some fans disproving remarks.
    That being said...The prime "offenders" really brought it upon themselves.

Also, Justin L don't accuse people of not even wanting to see the match, there were even a complaint in this thread about someone who was actually there and PAID for the finals, and that includes seeing the Nr 1 and Nr 2 ranked XD play it out in the final of a Super Series event.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i also post in lcw thread when he walkover against arif latif. who care if u saw it or not.
    i dont live to please u and i have my life.
    there is time when i am free and there is time when i am busy
    so when i am free and i saw the walkover,of course i post about it.
    whoever walkover against their teammate
    here will where they end up
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...etired-between-same-country-player-since-2006
    did i only list out particular country player?:rolleyes:

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I have always been against W/O, withdrawal and not doing one's best (against your own teammates or otherwise). In theory, all players should do their best no matter what.

But, the players live in the real world.

I am not a huge fan of Xu Chen. But he is physically and mentally exhausted. During the recent China's National Games, Xu Chen must have set a world record in badminton: 5 matches within 24 hours. Don't ask me how many games/sets there were.

http://sports.sohu.com/20130911/n386380400.shtml

http://sports.sina.com.hk/cgi-bin/nw/show.cgi/1350/4/1/784087/1.html

#313 pcll99, Sep 22, 2013
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kindly read my post carefully. You know who I'm referring to . Didn't I say kwun's 'outburst is justified for which I tend to share his sentiments' ? Still , to be fair, we should, as pcll99 pointed out, give Xu Chen the benefit of the doubt plus his heavy involvement in the CNG where on the last day he actually played 5 matches of MD and XD in 24 hours !( can't remember how many matches he played in total throughout the 11-day event, maybe 15 ?) - I'm merely stating the fact, whether it's a good excuse or not, is not for me to say.

15. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Ah, sorry. Missed the "...sincere critics from the hypocritical double-standard ones." Read it like you called out everyone complaining about this WO. My bad.

I like Xu Chen's attitude but perhaps not his playing style. If CBA knew that he might be playing around 12 matches in CNG perhaps and that it would affect his body even now perhaps he shouldn't have been entered at all, if his goal was to able to contend for the title. But if he truly has fever then I guess it could happen to anyone.

16. akabane

akabane Regular Member

Pro Athlete
    Is that something, we, me...as spectator who paid the tickets want to know? oh i dont care about that really. i spent my time, my money, my effort come to stadium, expecting good match will be presented, i'll cheer up for anyone, then what i got? walkover again? not just one *noted!! ..

no need posting how many games they played or how tired are they or.. blablabla.. Not every person in those gymnasium are badminton freak, for us or me japanese we spent precious moment on holiday not for those silly excuse over. my voices my be unheard, insignificant, but imagine how many spectator that disappointed? they might reconsidering not to come and watch again someday. Is that serious for badminton future?

ok keyboard warrior, you are welcome giving your might defending them, but it wont change anything that this case is disgraceful.

#316 akabane, Sep 22, 2013
  17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    talking about xu chen.
    here is the example
    lee yong dae played 10 matches(5 days,528 minutes) from round one to champion in xd and md(week one)
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...EBBA4D8-BE5E-4394-B92C-E88993565DC2&player=90
    lee yong dae played 10 matches(5 days,324 minutes) from round one to champion in xd and md(week two)
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2CB2CC-C86B-4087-B23E-24E090A7875A&player=135
    lee yong dae played 5 matches(5 days,167 minutes) from round one to champion in md(week three)
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...85070F6-704D-4753-AF19-423D8B392191&player=66

3 consecutive week,china - korea -malaysia
    25 matches,5 titles,1019 minutes on court.
    physically and mentally exhausted?such a joke.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Would you be happier if XU Chen played and collapsed right in front of thousands of people? Would that be more graceful?

Wait! Someone on this forum actually said LCW should have continued playing against LD in the final of WC2013 even when he had cramp and couldn't even stand up straight.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I now recall it was the same Xu Chen who in one tournament not long ago where he was down with gastritis and had to be in and out of hospital for the drip and treatment, yet he insisted on playing round after round and even ended up winning the title. For this LYB held him up as a case of exemplary behaviour to be emulated by all the other players in CBA.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    excellent example.

in 2009, how old was LYD?

Why didn't LYD do this again in the past four years?

#320 pcll99, Sep 22, 2013