Black Knight Photon?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KyMurr, Oct 26, 2013.

1. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

Hey guys, anyone used the BK Photon line of racquets? How would they be for a player with strong offense, but stronger defense.

I tend to play a lot of cross court drops (forehand and backhand) but I prefer to not smash unless I have a strong opportunity. Would the faster and lighter racquet be good from a defensive prespective?

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It is a good racket. Very light, but not a slouch in power if you accelerate it quickly. Defense is fantastic.
    When it was the flagship of the BK line, its biggest drawback was the price.
    But now you can get them for very good deals in most stores or online.
    A very good product for the price, IMHO. :)

3. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

Awesome thanks, yeah I have the opportunity to get one this wednesday, so I'm really thinking about it. Considering I could get it marked down, that will be really good.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Now that I have pumped you up, I have to admit that my ignorance may have been misleading.:eek::(

It seems that Old Man Photon went and had children: Photon 30T, 40T, etc.
    I am not sure how the new play vs the old, but they are definitely more expensive.

Here is an example of one retailer's Photon PCV XL (a very fine racket) for $99: http://www.canuckbadminton.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1453
    The very first Photon PCV (without the XL) is shorter and cheaper. The XL was a modification for those who wanted a little more oomph from the extra length.

And here's the 'Son Of Photon' (30T) for $174: http://www.canuckbadminton.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=239_270&products_id=1218
    No doubt chock-full of exciting new 'technologies' but not sure what that actually means on court.

The black knight website will no doubt have lots of information. You should definitely peruse that, as well as some reviews online, before you have your try-out on Wednesday.

Good luck! :)

5. KyMurr

KyMurr Regular Member

I've checked all the sites previously and the PCV XL is what I was initially looking at. That's probably what I'm getting, thanks again!