Yonex SHB-F1NM

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sunny Lim, Aug 7, 2013.

1. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

someone did offered me a yellow colored SHB86LTD Yellow, but.. I am pretty cautious when buying with new seller.. so I decided not to buy..
    same as SHBF1 neon lime like KT, I've never seen in any JP shops, or internationally..

2. carltan101

carltan101 Regular Member

student
  3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes that is the JP model name. The international is F1NLTD ... should be the same.

4. eteran

eteran Regular Member

Still waiting for those to arrive in Germany. What is taking so long YY Germany :(

5. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Very tempted to pick one of these up. I feel I should move up half a size just in case it's too narrow. The white version has this sort of neon blue that doesn't really suit the plain white at all.

Would you say it's lighter than the SHB86/65?

6. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Unless your feet are right already in between sizes on other yonex shoes I wouldn't think its necessary to move up a half size. It's a little tighter around the small toe not the whole foot.

7. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Hmm, if only I had the chance to give it a try. 27cm SHB86/65FT are the best fit for me. Only issue is it feels a bit clunky.

I might just keep my current pair or get the same one as back up since there's nothing wrong with it. I improved my speed a lot just from the upgrade from Asics Gel Rocket to my 65FTs. I jump smash a lot as well and the extra cushion helps a lot.

If the F1-Ns are only a little bit lighter then I'll probably pass on this one.

8. nguyenyeu

nguyenyeu New Member

Hi guys, I would like to buy these shoes, but I can't it them in my town (in Australia), Has anyone ordered stuffs online from Rakuten from Australia ? is it trustworthy ? Any suggestion would be appreciated ? Thanks.

9. reezqien

reezqien Regular Member

Govt
    hi all, my newly SHB-F1NM JP coded bought from itosport (rakuten.com.my) just arrived. order on 18 Nov 2013. photo_2.jpg photo.jpg photo_1.jpg . entitled Free Shipping :)

10. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Been using these for a week now. Also wear the yellow shb-01 (been using them for 8 months or so, recently bought a new pair since the first one got torn). The f1nm model is a bit more loose but a bit more rigid. The 01-s are tight fit, this feel quite nice. But sometimes i feel they are not rigid enough and you have to lace them up very tight or they start to feel wobbly and loose. That's why i'm starting to like the f1nm-s now - a bit more solid feel. Can't tell which one's are better though, the feel is quite different.

11. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Thanks for the comparison, I'm considering the SHB-01M as well. Can you compare the weights by any chance? Which one do you feel is heavier? Also, hows the cushioning of the SHB-F1N? Thanks!

How much was the shipping?

12. swunk

swunk Regular Member

the f1N feels lighter in hand. cant tell any difference in the game though.
    the cushioning i think is a bit better than shb-01's. but again not that of a great significance.
    i didn't get them online, went to try them at a local store. was eager to try and get victor 8500 in the first place but out of stock and very difficult to find here.

13. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I've actually seen LCW use the F1N during practice (YouTube videos). But he never uses them during games, too bad. Any chance Yonex wants him to promote the SHB-01M and Ahsan and Setiawan for SHB-F1N? :p Thanks for your input, I might grab a pair off Rakuten. But then again...there's also Babolat's Shadow 2 which are apparently 315g per shoe (variation by size). Which is 100g less than my current 27cm SHB-65FTs.

I know Eric at Squash Mart has 8500S on his website if you're still interested.

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Do you have a replacement insole?? 415gr. seems an awfull lot for 27cm? My previous 65CF were only 327gr. (without laces) at 27.5cm and stock insole.

15. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I measured it a few months ago and didn't have a scale at the time and I thought it was 415 since I measured other things at that time as well. Just measured it again with my scale and it's 324g....stock sole and laced up.

Well then, maybe I'd only get the F1Ns if it's >20g lighter.

Thanks demolidor, I would have kept going with that number had you not raised the issue.

16. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Thanks, I saw him selling them, but I don't wanna buy shoes without trying. And i'm really getting into F1NMs now. After playing in them for two weeks i've put on my old shb-01s for a session and they didn't seem that right for me anymore ) F1Ns definitely take a bit of getting used to, but since they loose up a little, you get more into them.

17. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Glad you like them, sounds like a shoe worth considering if my next shoe doesn't suit me. I just got the Babolat Shadow 2s, apparently 315g but I'll measure it once I get it. Main reason I got it was for the price ($30 less than F1N), supposed grip quality, and very lightweight.

Will do a review against my SHB65FT and Victor SH9000 Ace.

18. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    saw this at honly rm350

19. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Should I get a US 9.5 instead of my usual US 9? I tried one in US 9 and it felt a little tight (even though it's been worked in for the past 4 months already) and I don't want to risk getting blisters or sore feet because of it. Would the 9.5 provide extra space in the small toe area? Thanks!

20. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Nvm, got to try the quattrofit today. It is super tight if you get your usual size. The foot doesn't move too much when you do a sudden stop because the quattrofit area holds your foot in well and so do the laces. Then again, being so tight it's probably not good for your feet's circulation especially during exercise where the blood needs to circulate well; if you find bulging veins it's because there isn't enough venous pressure to push the blood back up the foot. For that reason, I'm going to go with 9.5, even though I usually wear a size US 9. With the smaller size, I feel like I'm more likely to trip since my feet are bunched up laterally to the point where they almost overlap each other (a bit of an exaggeration, but they are tight). I also don't have wide feet.