Yonex Voltric 9, VT9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Jan 27, 2012.

1. timmizeus

timmizeus Regular Member

Hey guys, I recently purchase a Yonex Voltric 9 LTD as a backup racket for my Voltric 80. I needed something similar in weight and stiffness as my VT80 whenever it's being sent for stringing. Unfortunately, my VT80 is out of action at the moment due to hairline cracks at the frame (not sure if it's manufacturer's defect, but I've sent it over to Yonex for a check).

Anyway, moving forward. What can I say.. the VT9 is so good! Of course, it's not as stiff as my VT80 but it's darn close. It's somewhat stiffer when compared to the likes of the VT5 and VT7. If you use your wrist a lot and have good technique, this racket will serve you well :)

Some pics of the VT9 LTD below. I just love the white / purple colourway of the LTD. So damn sexy, IMHO. It's paired with BG66 (26lbs) and Karakal PU Overgrip. Bang for the buck. Awesome.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

2. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    glad to hear it u r enjoying ur vt9 ltd!! :)

3. Carlos1

Carlos1 New Member

My brother and I have these racquets, and one of them is balanced 0,5 cm more towards the head which was quiete shocking to me, it is something I would not expect from 100 dolars racquet. Performance wise - If I play a one hour game with very good oponent, I get sore hand and I think I also feel the weird feel (maybe vibration), just like Paul said in his review. To sum it up, I am quiete dissapointed with this racquet, especially the fact that you buy 2 mid-range Yonex racquets and you do not get the same racquets. (I bought both of them in Yonex partner shop by the way, they are the 2012 blue version)

4. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Sorry for the long bump, but is this a new and improved version?:
    http://www.yonex.com/products/voltric-ld9/

4U, STIFF SHAFT and AEROBOX FRAME!

Anyone tried this one yet? I have the LD3 RIO and plays great for me, so I wonder how much more this would be.

#124 badmintony, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016