RSL Diamond X7 Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by azli.rimon, Mar 22, 2013.

1. eugene chow

eugene chow Regular Member

purchaser
    Can anyone please help?

I am thinking of adding the weights at the top. But what is the differents between the top weight and the side weight.

What do i get for the top weight compare to the side weight?

2. yuki onitsura

yuki onitsura Regular Member

High school English teacher
    Both plates will add head weight and therefore power. The top plate will add a bit more power than the side plates but at the cost of a bit of stability. The side plates will make the racquet head quite a bit more stable as well as adding a bit of power. If you have a look through the WPS instruction booklet, there should be a few little tables showing you the balance point, stability and power of each plate set up.

3. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    Just brought my 2nd Diamond X7 racket. The sliver version, as I played with the gold version and I love it.

The racket was strung at 28 lbs with WPS addd on the side and top.

Cant wait to try it out tonight.

4. shaunw

shaunw Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,

What do you think of the stiffness of x7 Gold? I am currently using a RSL Heat180 strung at 24lbs. I know that the Heat180 has a pretty flexible shaft. Will this affect my smashes if I were to use a x7 Gold?

Btw, I don't see much reviews done on the RSL Diamond x7.

5. jazzon108

jazzon108 Regular Member

I have been using the x7 carbon.. the shaft is stiffer then the heat I think ... But the racket is really value for money .. to be honest it's
    A pretty fast racket unless u made it really head heavy by adding wps... When I first started playing I add +2 @ 12 o'clock and +1@ 3&9 o'clock.. then after 8*2hrs session I remove all the wps... Damn the racket is fast... Highly recommended is u are a Rsl fan.. just my 2cents

6. shaunw

shaunw Regular Member

Student
    thanks Jazzon for the reply. RSL has been the racket for me. I've been using models from scream to explosion and now heat. I totally agree with you that RSL is value for money and also they break very easily. One small clash between rackets...and thats it !! Its history!! Sorry, I got carried away. So, when you mentioned that it's a fast racket, is it light and yet good for smashes w/o the WPS?

7. jazzon108

jazzon108 Regular Member

Without the WPS the smash are not that powerful.. but I am not a heavy smasher as well.. drop shot and net shot is superb...

8. shaunw

shaunw Regular Member

Student
    i just got a RSL diamond x7 gold. no WPS. got it 2nd hand from a very nice fellow BC member. will update on the feel once i try it

9. the_mentalist

the_mentalist Regular Member

Student
    I have a rsl x5 silver...and it is currently my first racket...right now I am considering the x7 series racket..do these racket have similar feelings to the x5 silver?

10. shaunw

shaunw Regular Member

Student
    Over the weekend, I manage to get some free time to test out the x7 Gold. With BG66 strung @ 26lbs, no WPS and a +2 end plates, it really blew me off. I was expecting less power from this racket as the tension was higher than my usual tension (22-24lbs) but it blew me off when I took my 1st smash with it. With the +2 end plates, defense response was much faster. Overall, for the price, this racket is really worth it.

If you are comparing between a x5 silver with a x7 silver, I guess they do not have the same feeling. The x7 Silver has a oval taper shaft and WPS in it. You might need to tweak around with the WPS to get the same feeling as the x5 silver.