Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Meteor

If I was you I would snap up a JJS whilst you can. This racket will NOT be available next year and I can confirm Victor Europe has sold out. So the only available stock is on the shelves of retailers. My advice is get one now whilst you can!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

What would be the point since the MX90 is out?

3. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Good point.

For me JJS is a classic racket that has never been given the chance to shine in Europe due to the huge delays and weak launch. It is only now being recognised as a brilliant racket. Lots of players love the colour too and therefore this means there's so little time before it simply won't be available.

MX90 is also a brilliant racket. I'm really struggling comparing the two because there is a different feel but playability is just as good. And I'm am finding it difficult to put into words how they feel different.

For players who don't mind colour then wait for MX90. But for those who really want that lovely orange colour, time is running out.

Paul

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Could the different feel be due to slightly different specs? For example, I'm sure the MX-JJS you have in your bag isn't the same total weight and balance as the MX90. Also, perhaps you are using different strings with different tensions, or different grips etc. I would think the best way to compare two rackets is to ensure they are the same spec (eg. identical total dry weight and balance point), and to string and grip them identically.

5. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Paul, I know the detailed review is coming soon. But just curious on the stiffness diff between these two. Any inputs?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've tried a 3UG5 MX90 against a 3UG5 MXJJS, and there was still a difference. It was difficult to pin down what the difference was, though... I can only put it down to the shaft.

It'd need more extensive testing - I only got one game with the 90 - but based on that game, I'd take the 90 over the JJS. Just.

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Mark

It's great to know that you understand my dilemma here. There's something but can't quite work out what.

For you perhaps there's the G5 grip on MX90 versus G4 as I know you prefer G5. Maybe it's the slightly thinnner shaft on MX90. Maybe there's something in the graphene on JJS which creates a different feel.

What we can agree on is that they are both superb rackets. I just wish I could understand and explain the difference.

Paul

PS At least i know I can complete my review and not feel inadequate!

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Every time I start with "the MX90 feels more...", the required word won't come out.

I do think the MX90 has slightly better feel, but I don't think that explains everything that's going on...

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    For those people who still looking for JJS , only a few pieces left in Singapore, can contact Chris in Singapore..

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The comparison I'm most interested in is actually 3U MX80 verses 3U MX90. We know the MX80 is very popular amongst pros AND amateurs. The only negative reviews/aspects of the MX80 are due to it being too stiff or demanding thus causing injury etc (which I really don't understand and have repeatedly stated my lack of understanding hehe - I'm not a fitness freak by any stretch of the imagination and yet I can handle the MX80 fine). But even those who claim they got injured with it etc actually enjoyed using it (when they were not injured). And despite Victor's strange marketing, they haven't got rid of the MX80 in their sales line-up.

11. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Mark/Paul, I'm sure the differences can be highlighted by comparing how the rackets (mx90-jjs) perform in different shots/situations of the game. The difference in shaft stiffness might be quite major as mx90 falls between mx80 and mx70 and jjs is less stiff than mx70.
    For me, the large sweet spot plus the extra flexibility of the jjs meant I could do things that I couldn't with the mx70, like excellent backhand drive returns.
    I wasn't aware mx jjs won't be available in uk in the new year, this is very disappointing and perhaps the comparison mx90-jjs now becomes rather pointless. Hope to get a second jjs before Christmas. Cheers!

12. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Hi Paul,
    What would say of the shaft stiffness between TK6000 and MX60?

13. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro Meteor, If you still interested in MX JJS , Its still selling under Chris Singapore , you can search under Elink Sports.

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Forumer - I haven't used MX60 since I reviewed it a year or so ago. I test so many rackets I cannot remember.

TK6000 is a 3/5 stiffness which is the same spec as MX60 from memory. However I don't know the difference in shaft thickness which affects where the shaft bends. All i do know is that TK6000 is an amazing racket and deserves more credibility in the market.

Paul

15. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

I have 2 MX JJS rackets, one sourced new from EU and another used from Australia. Both are genuine but when i compared them to each other side by side, i noticed a couple of differences.
    Firstly, the carbon paint effect on the racket head, my EU one is glossy like the rest of the orange paint work but on the other one it is matte and when you run your finger around the racket head you can feel the difference from the glossy orange to the matte carbon. I took pics of both but you can't see any difference from the photos.
    Secondly, on the top of the shaft where it joins the head, EU racket has MaganGraphen printed on it whilst the Aus one has Graphene Reinforced as you can see here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So l'm just wondering why it has these minor differences? Is it because they were made in different countries or for different countries? Or maybe because one is slightly newer and they changed it?
    What do you think and fellow JJS owners, which one do you have?

16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    String broke on my JJS today halfway through a match. Is it bad that I'd rather take a few days off playing rather than going back to my now dull feeling 8DX whilst it's being restrung?

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Graphene is a trademarked name in EU. So Victor had to change it to something else just for that region.

18. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

Ah, i see, thanks.

But what about the different finish on the orange paint to the carbon effect?

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I believe different country code different quality.. Yeah..:D

20. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Depends...for example some JJS are more orange and some more reddish. Also all the 2013 JJS models have the new grip sizing. G4,G5 etc and the 2012 ones had the G3,G2 sizing.