APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. khoi mun

khoi mun Regular Member

I think they use the racket to hit people rather than shuttlecocks. This should not happen unless they smash it against something hard.

2. Mark Winston

Mark Winston Regular Member

Magicmeatbag strung his to 30+ lbs without any problems, so you can rest assure that the AVP can take on very high tensions...

3. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    26 pounds for me lol. But I did see a post where it was 38-40 pounds.

4. Mark Winston

Who plays with 40lbs btw....... im speechless...

5. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

im thinking i shd get mine strung around 26lbs, not more than 27-28. guys, how much did yours come down by after say, a few weeks, and how soon were you able to notice this?

6. Mark Winston

It really depends on the strings... im using the bg66um and i string it at 26... i change my strings once a week so i dont really feel how much the tensions drop.

7. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

once a week!! why so frequently?!

8. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Looks like someone is addicting to the bg66um fresh string feel lol. I'm guessing you string it yourself?

9. Mark Winston

Nope, i send it to a stringer that uses a ES5 Pro... on that machine, 26 or 27lbs is pretty tight and my strings will start to fray or snap after one week. I play 6 days a week, 2 hours per session. Once i see signs of fraying, i will cut those and have it restrung. And yes, everybody loves fresh bg66um strings... the control and repulsion is second to none. :) Its kind of costly though...

10. khoi mun

khoi mun Regular Member

Mark, perhaps you should try zymax 65.

11. Mark Winston

Tried it. Dont really like it. I prefer the Lining AP62 Plus better but the BG66UM is still my go to string... :)

12. kyh212

kyh212 Regular Member

How does it compare to Victor MX80 or any other meteor?

13. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i envy you and also think you're way too spoilt! lol jk

14. Mark Winston

No point playing with damaged fishing lines... lmao!

15. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    So after a month of on/off playing with this racket I have a slightly updated view on this racket. The strings loosened up a bit and last night I hit my first crazy booming smash with this racket. Haven't been playing much at all due to injuries but it's nice to see a crazy fast smash just blow by someone lol. That and the stiffness felt a little less. Definitely a medium-stiff racket. Nice feel to it. Slightly damped but not totally noticeable.

I will be re-stringing this racket to a lower tension then 26 as it's just too high for me. But I get the feeling once I do get a re-string done this racket to my preferred tension this thing will just be awesome lol.

16. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

thanks for the update!
    a) strings loosening is normal over (play)time. did it loosen up faster on this particular one?
    b) what took so long to hit a great smash??
    (were you afraid of using it at it's full potential and hurt it? ;) jk! )
    c) i thought you were normally used to 26lbs... do you think that's too high for the AVP and it affects the feel?
    d) overall, do u like this racket more now or when you first got it? i mean, does the med-stiff-ish feel make it perform even better? (in your hands)

17. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    A. No idea to be honest lol. I didn't play badminton at all for a month then played at my singles ladder night for 2 weeks and since I was kinda unfamiliar with the AVP still at that point I just used my normal one. Last Monday I just picked it up and used it for giggles lol. And I noticed it was a little looser and I REALLY started to liked it.

B. Not using it as per above reason lol. Strings too tight and injured. I'll definitely be using it more now.

C. normal for me was 20 pounds lol. Now my comfortable tension is 22. Tried 26 just to see what higher tensions felt like. In high school I learned and played with bg 65 20 pounds and never even thought of trying different things. Just started playing badminton again this year after.... 8 years as well? Never even knew you could go past the 22 pound mark without increasing the chance to break the racket until this forum.

D. I dunno the more rackets I try the more I sort of adapt to make the racket play better regardless of what it is. I see a lot of potential with this one though. The medium stiff shaft is nicer then the voltric 70 though. When I tried the 70 I thought the shaft lagged behind a bit on harder shots. Like a kid dragging his heels while not wanting to go camping lol. No such feeling with avp in fact I think it nicely rebounds a bit like Yonex's nanoray z speed but no where near as much.

E. And why haven't you bought a racket yet lol. http://www.ebay.com/itm/APACS-VIRTUOSO-PERFORMANCE-Badminton-Racket-Free-String-Grip-/171173330413 There you go :) Easily the most most money for value purchase you can make racket wise imo. I hope they never change it.

18. khoi mun

khoi mun Regular Member

I agreed with your points. I have been playing with AVP for 1 month for about 2-3 times a week. I stick to my evaluation I did previously. The racket is still very powerful and the control is good. But playing at 28x30lbs I think is a little too high for me. Maybe I will change to zymax 62 next time at 24x26lbs.

For those who have not make the purchase, I do not see what's holding you back.

19. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

thanks for the updates, magicmeatbag and khoimun. I've had to allocate some of my funds towards other 'activities' over the holidays, and I suffer from a few chronic conditions called 'crazyretardboss' and 'suddenlytoomuchwork' that made a comeback :-/ so I haven't been able to set foot on the courts much. Had to give up entering in on one of our local leaguematches too. But after the Lunar new year, I hope to be fully equipped and begin my training! I've to think of a name for my future racket yet...lol..do u guys do that?? :p

20. ToxBad

ToxBad Regular Member

Hi all, glad to be back on the forum!
    I've recently returned to the courts after a two year break. Before that, I played two years in my university's team, mostly doubles, using the T300. Is it still one of Apacs' best doubles racket? Or should I consider something else? I read good things about the AVP, how would you compare it to the T300?
    Thanks a lot!