2014 Victor KOREA Open SS : R/16 & Quarterfinals (9th & 10th January 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jan 8, 2014.

1. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Is it just me or was there the worst line calls ever in the Endo/Hayakawa v. Lee/Yoo in the Quarterfinals? Japanese team had to challenge 4 times and everytime they were right. Most of the time it was called in when it was at least 5 inches out. -_- I'm glad they introduced the review system. It would have been really unfair if the Japanese team lost those points.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I was dumb struck when i watched this match. Really an intended line calls in favour of korean pair. I saw one smash from Endo and it was clearly well inside (around 1 foot) and the line judge called it out :eek:. And also i thought certain line calls were went against minatsu mitani when she played SJH opposite to her. Though she played in the tv court, she did not challenge any call. Poor girl.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't think other countries too except China.

4. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    It's not just you. There have been so many questionable calls that it reflects the appalling state of the Korean badminton scene.

It's a shame that many players can't just decide not to participate in badly run tournaments like this if they don't want to. I seem to recall that this Korean event was formerly in the Super Series Premier category - if they have been downgraded to merely a SS, it serves them right!

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Japanese players are the most polite players, too polite and classy to stir up sh*t or to raise hell, for e.g. KT smiled and shaked LCW hand in AE final when LCW smash was so out (wonder what would LD or TH do if they are in KT position, just wondering;)....JAP should hire Taufik and Lin Dan (after he retires of course) to teach them the 'proper manners', like for example walking out in the middle of a match or throwing the racket like a javalin, showing face to indicate he is so piss off or staring at the linesman on a call he does not like...PJB has a long way to teach these Jap players how to play badminton:D

6. batpod

batpod Regular Member

Maybe, but at least, there are 4 or 5 longest (rubber) game in QF. The longest game is Lee/Yoo vs Endo/Hayakawa, it took 1 hour 28 minutes.

7. sen

sen Regular Member

I think Bodin is available... just kidding. Maybe Gutta can too.

Actually, I don't think the Japanese need any coaching on protesting.