Victor MX80 vs. Victor BS10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LYD-KR, May 9, 2011.

1. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

I got the 3U version.
    Hey yoppy im in perth, ahah sorry !

2. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

I was able to try out my new racket last night.
    Racket was quite easy to use. Clears were effortless, drives, smashes, drops and nets were very good too - the best racket i've used thus far.
    from my own pov, the at900t is quite similar to the mx80. however id say that the at900t was just a steady all round racket. the mx80 was was similar to that, though it offered more pace, power, control , and slightly more variety (ie. more angle on smashes, faster drives) - so it was like the at900t but with a little bit more edge. the mx80 offered really good balance - you have a slightly heavy head, though you don't sacrifice control for power - vice versa.

i would recommend you getting the racket. you wont be disappointed.
    my racket is the 3u/4g version - and i found it appropriate for playing mixed, doubles and singles.

3. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

just to add, the strings i used were BG70 pro at 26lbs.

4. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    lucky you mate...:)

5. pcandyhk

pcandyhk New Member

I am currently using 900T and looking for a victor racket.
    Finally found this old post, as it seems not much ppl compare rackets with 900T.
    But no one here mentioned SW series?

Reading other posts, ppl mentioned ...well some say SW37 somehow generates the same power as MX80 although it is a even-balanced racket! confusing... Any comment?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    900T is similar to the 4U SW35. light, head heavy, powerful. the SW35 is one of the best racket Victor makes.

7. pcandyhk

pcandyhk New Member

thanks. btw are you referring to 3U 900T?

8. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    hi all, I am considering SW35, what is the U? i should go for? 3U or 4U?
    kindly help to advise. thanks a lot.

Regards

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Here is my comparison.

Specifications:

BS10

string: BG66 Ultimax @ 25 lbs
    grip: thin towel grip (self made) on wood
    balance point: 295mm
    weight: 3U (90g wet)

MX80

string: BG66 Ultimax @ 25 lbs
    grip: thin towel grip (self made) on wood
    balance point: 303mm
    weight: 3U (93g wet)

Introduction

First of all this review is the view of a doubles player. I play rarely singles. Actually 15% singles and 85% doubles.
    I own both rackets for a while, so I could get a good impression of both top of range Victor rackets.

First Impressions

Both rackets are rated as 5 of 5 in Terms of stiffness. Both feel stiff by bending the shaft but I got the feeling that the MX80 is a little bit stiffer.
    Some dry swings told me that both rackets have a good head speed due the aerodynamic shape. The BS10 cuts easier and quite faster through the air compared to the MX80. The reason are the different slightly different weight, balance and frame.

Overhead performance

Clears need no much efforts. BS10 has a faster head speed compared to MX80. Smashing is quite fun with both. On the one hand the smash with the MX80 is harder and more precise on the other hand it's pretty easy to generate a wrist smash with the BS10. Both have their own advantages in a game.
    Dropshots were sharp with both rackets.
    Backhand performance was not the same. I hit more powerful backhand clears and more controlled backhand drop shots with the MX80. My backhand shots with the BS10 weren't weak, but it was noticeable, that I needed more efforts for this strokes.

Net area

At the net both rackets performed very well. Both rackets were very easy to move around, but BS10 shined because of its quickness. I had good control at the net.
    Net kills were faster and easier with the BS10, too.
    The MX80 was quick enough but couldn't beat the easy and fast use of the BS10.
    The Reason might be the head heavyness.

Defense / drives

During games I noticed that I covered nearly 20% more hard smashs of my opponents with the BS10 and returned them, but not with the control and precision of the MX80. Drives were easy with both rackets but here the BS10 shined again with its speed.
    The MX80 offered more power for these shots.

Resume

Both rackets have their own strengths. For mixed doubles and if you are a attacking minded player and loves to be at the backcourt, the MX80 might be your choice.
    If you are more a allrounder and don't want to loose a little bit of speed for trading with power, the BS10 might be a good racket for you.
    Sometimes it's smart to choose the racket in relation to your opponents and partner.
    Don't get me wrong. Both rackets are high end and performs best for me. I praised the speed of the BS10 but don't be the impression that the MX80 is a demanding and slow racket.
    By the way, a heavier MX80 is a perfect singles racket, too. But this is another story.

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

nice, so you getting more from BS10 than MX80. I wonder if the extra flex from BS11 or BS09 would give the extra power to cover the gap.

also worth to consider that MX here cost RM560 while BS09/10/11 costs RM350 or cheaper

11. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

im currently using the mx80 for both singles and doubles - so overall it's a really good racket. though, seeing the price difference you just mentioned, i also tried the bs11 and i thought it was really good also. mx80 is good overall - powerful, good attack, good control, and good touch. though i found that the bs11 was good also in those areas, but maybe a tad better in defense because of the lighter frame.

nonetheless, if you're a good player, then i don't think the racket selection will make much of a difference.
    =]

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Take a look at my Avatar!!!:cool:
    You get me wrong. Both rackets offer different abilities. If you are someone who won't loose the advantages of quickness like a headlight racket gives you, the BS10 as even balanced is a racket which I would choose over the MX80.
    If you want to loose some quickness for more power, I would choose the MX80 over the BS10. It's up to the player who has different requirements.

Jump-smash wrote a good comparison:"The MX80 is a BS10 on steroids.":D

13. wesley520

wesley520 New Member

badminton player
    who wanna sell bs 10 sms me ya 0111 6267530