Problem with my new stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Dokkie, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

So today I got myself a 'new' secondhand stringing machine. Everything seemed to be fine (and I think it is, this is probably me making an error :D). However, when I tried to mount my first racket I stumbled upon a problem. The machine I bought has one knob for both arms, which is one of the features which convinced me to buy this. When I tried mounting my racket, the arms weren't moving symmetrically, they didn't touch the racket at the same time. Pictures will be attached, I would be very happy if one of you guys could help me out, thanks in advance. View attachment 156239

Attached Files:

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The first thing to check (and I 'm sure you already have it right) is to be certain that the posts at 12 and 6 o'clock are indeed between the centre grommets. :eek:

Second, can you push the wayward arm to the racket without turning the knob further?
    Sometimes I have to manually close the arms a tiny bit on one side or another before doing the final tightening of the knob. It's just a little give in my machine and doesn't seem to affect anything in the stringing.

Beyone that, there may be something that's come loose in a spring or screw..... for that repair you will have to rely on the bigger brains of BC for the fix. Or tinker a bit yourself. Good luck! :)

3. vatovey

vatovey Regular Member

IT Technician / Badminton Stringer
    Hi Dokkie,

I'm not saying what is happening on your machine is 'normal', but I can confirm that what you describe does also happen on my stringing machine, which is a Pro's Pro crank machine, and does not harm the racket as the arms will close up correctly the tighter you go (but don't over tighten - as you snap the frame !!).

Vaughn.

4. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Thanks for the tips guys, right now I do have the frame mounted, however not entirely to my liking, as the racket doesn't seem totally in the middle, when I see the shaft. Is this a problem? Sorry for these silly questions, have been stringing with hold down system before this :p

Following a picture, where you can see that the racket is not really centralized. 20140303_181051.jpg

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Are you absolutely certain that the 12 o'clock post is between the proper grommets?

6. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Yes, that's absolutely not the problem. I am actually pretty sure that the 12 and 6 o'clock suspension mount is the problem, as it seems to be moving sidewards. shouldn't it stay in the middle no matter what? right now it can move from right to left and vice versa, which results in the racket not being centered properly. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Beyond checking that all bolts are appropriately snug, and that there is no bend/warp in the posts, etc... not sure what else it could be.

Could you not contact the manufacturer for advice? (second-hand or not, they might help you out)

8. MikaelK

MikaelK Regular Member

IT Network engineer
    In regards to the 12 and 6 o'clock...
    Have you tighten the knobs for those?

Also... Please provide us with a "full-frame" photo, to let us see the whole picture ;)

9. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    That is why quality builded machine is so importance for someone like me, who really appreciate detail. So avoid low quality builded machine.
    I own one like this one (Comet 11), but sold just few months later.
    I suggest you do the fellow:
    -First, you have to made sure those arms working normal (This mean: no defect on the arms mechanism).
    -Second, once those arms working fine, Try to loose both mounting stand screw a little bit, (The screw that hold the Mounting stand on the turntable). With the screw loose, try to mount a ready strung racket on the machine, then close the arms.
    Now, if they can close normally, just secure the screws. If they still can not, it mean you have do the alignment of the Mounting Stand. Under the Mounting Stand, this has two guide, remove one that is off the center line, with one guide will work fine.