2014 BWF WORLD Junior Championships (Alor Setar, 7th-18th April 2014)

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 27, 2014.

1. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    On court 1, Huang/Chen, the seeded 1, secured a ticket to final, beating Arisa/Yuta 19 and 12.

2. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    Its a tight match between INA and JP boys in 2nd game. 17-17 now.

3. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    It goes to rubber-game.
    JPN closed the 2nd hame 22-20. :/

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A bit difficult for Rian/Clinton to progress now as the Japanese pair is leading in the rubber-set :(

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

And they lost in 3-sets: 21-15, 20-22, 18-21. Sigh......what a wasted chance.

6. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

Why don't have any live stream?:mad:
    I think most BCER interest WJC event much more GP or GPG this week.:confused::rolleyes:

#306 Penwinack, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A wonderful result for Rosyita Eka Putri Sari/Apriani Rahayu as they trounced the higher-seeded Jiang Binbin/Tang Pingyang in straight-sets 21-13, 21-16. They are expected to face the AJC champion Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan in the Final tomorrow. Well done girls!

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Meanwhile, Anthony Ginting lost narrowly 19-21 in the first-set. Can he force rubber-set?

Akane Yamaguchi
    is through to the Final yet again as she beat Qin Jingjing in 3-sets.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As expected, Anthony Ginting lost to Shi Yuqi in straight-sets 19-21, 15-21. CHN is guaranteed of a Gold in the BS event.

10. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Apriani looks good.

11. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    very happy to see Rosyita "Inem" Eka Putri Sari goes to final rounds in GD and XD.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

At least INA has secured 2 silvers, good luck for both categories as she & her partner will take on top seed tomorrow :)

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Honestly, it's the first time I have heard of her name....and I just realized she's from Pelita Bakrie and will turn 16 at the end of the month. Never expected her to reach the Final in her first ever WJC.

I also never think that Rosyita could achieve a better result with Apriani, compared to the previous 2 years with Melati Daeva Oktaviani or Setyana Mapasa. I personally believe Rosyita will be a great asset in both WD and XD in the future if we can find a good partner for her.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed, I predicted 2 out of 4 INA representatives will progress. It's just that I never expected the girl's doubles (instead of the boy's doubles) to progress to the Final. The results were even made sweeter when they beat a higher-seeded CHN pair :)

XD FINAL
    Huang Kaixiang/Chen Qingchen [1] vs Mohd Rian Ardianto/Rosyita Eka Putri Sari [9/16] - a rematch of the Mixed-Team Championships Final where the INA pair pushed the CHN top-seed all the way to rubber-set and only losing 17-21 at the end (despite leading 8-6). This year's matches against Huang/Chen also mirrored last year's matches for Kevin/Masita. Kevin/Masita won in the Mixed-Team Championships SF, but lost narrowly in the Individual Event Final (deuce in the rubber-set). So, I am hoping Rian/Rosyita can reverse the defeat at the Team Event.

GD FINAL
    Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan [1] vs Rosyita Eka Putri Sari/Apriani Rahayu [9/16] - what a surprise in seeing an INA GD pair in the WJC Final! The CHN pair will start as heavy favorites but I won't rule out any upset, just like last year's Final won by Chae Yoo Jung/Kim Ji Won despite being seeded lower.

So, hopefully 1 Gold for INA this year :)

15. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    you are not the only one. hahaha
    that's why i think apriani is also a great asset. still 16, 1st time WJC and already secure a silver. we have a good 98/99 batch on women doubles and singles. some of them tastes their 1st WJC this year. A good thing.

16. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

17. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Rian/Rosyita lost to CHN XD in only 29 minutes!!!

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

HBJ sweating profusely and panting, I'm afraid her fitness is going to let her down in the decider.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Akane can run the whole day and she's injecting pace from the start of G2, I think the title is hers to lose. Her attrition-style can outlast almost anyone in 3 setters.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's disappointing also to watch Mohd Rian Ardianto/Rosyita Eka Putri Sari losing easily to Huang Kaixiang/Chen Qingchen in straight-sets. The INA pair could still match the CHN pair early in the first-set until the score was 14-12 to the CHN pair. Then, Huang Kaixiang's serves yielded 7 straight pts for the CHN pair. The INA pair simply couldn't handle Huang Kaixiang's several smashes during those interval.

There was a glimmer of hope early in the second set when the CHN pair was prone to mistakes and the INA pair easily led 9-3, only for the CHN pair to wake up and cut the deficit to just 2 pts at 9-11. The INA pair could still lead until 14-11 and that was the only remaining bright spot, as they could only win 3 more pts after that and the CHN pair retained the WJC title easily: 21-12, 21-17.

The INA pair certainly didn't play well and Rosyita in particular wasn't that effective at the net and her defense was also suspect. Rian also didn't show his capability in terms of smashes. Overall, it's an anti-climax performance (sadly) for them and let's see if Rosyita can bounce back for her GD match later on. I still think the CHN pair will be too powerful for them.