Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    If u r in the west coast, according to kwun, Cupertino & Milpitas, CA.

2. nosebleed

nosebleed Regular Member

Is there an actual website where you can order it because Cupertino and Milpitas is kinda out of my way?

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Mybadmintonstore.com

4. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    ok, so after reading and re reading this thread has really interested me in getting this racket. I tried a 3u the other night with nbg95 and to my surprise it was such a disappointment. I was going to buy 2 thinking that it would be amazing, but it was slow, dull and heavy. I went back to my tk8000 3u and evrything was brilliant again. I used to play with vt80 and at900t. so stiffness should be ok, head heavy should be ok. perhaps the nbg95 is probably my least favourite string as it's dead and dull, perhaps the 4u is lively and fast and powerful. I really wanted to like this racket but i tried the zf2 3u and was easily more impressed with it even tho the defense was more work. just my 2 cents...

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Calvino - there are many players like me who have been delighted with this racket. However, most of us have tested the 4U version which we felt gave greater swing speed, superb power and yet the frame was fast in defence too. Testing a racket with your least favourite string is certainly not going to help. You say the string was dead and dull and the racket slow, dull and heavy. It's more head heavy than 3U TK8000 so I would expect you to notice this. The extra head weight will make it slow and I suspect the dull element is due to the strings. It's a shame you couldn't test the 4U version with a decent string and then you may have a completely different opinion. Paul www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. visor

visor Regular Member

No kidding, if you ever want someone else to *not* buy a racket, just string it up with nbg 95 at 20 lbs...

7. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    Yea, I would have to agree with you on those points Paul. I am still leaning towards getting 2 4u tk9000s. I will get the opportunity to try a 4u vf2 this week and so will decide after that. Would you say the tk6000 is a quicker racket then the tk9000, and somewhat less power also?

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Calvino No TK6000 isn't faster than 9000 although they are close. TK6000 has a slightly longer shaft which makes it bend differently, allowing a little more flex. For me, and Mark, TK9000 is a stiffer TK6000. For some the more flexible 6000 will be more powerful, but for those of us who like a stiffer racket 9000 will be superior. TK9000 is sold out in Europe so apart from a few retailers having stock, it won't be available for some time so there's going to be a number of disappointed players. We are already on our third batch of TK6000's - that's how popular these rackets have been. Paul www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    Thank you for elaborating on the differences Paul. I will definately take that into consideration when I travel to Hong Kong in June where I'll be making the purchases. It certainly sounds as tho both you and Mark are rating this racket very highly, if not the best racket you've tested!

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I had it in 3U. Felt the exact same way you did. However I do think that it is one of those rackets like the 6000 that would play much much better in 4U. I can't comment on the feel though.

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

To be honest, I see no reason to add any weight to the 4U TK9000 - it could only make it worse. It's got all the power I could ever want in 4U, and the defence (which would be the first thing on the chopping block with a weight increase) is fanstastic. Similar story with the TK6000, and I'm prepared to bet the logic would extend to the TK8000 as well.

12. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    Actually, when I was using the 4u vt80, i tried the tk8000 in 3u and thought it was fast, driving and defence. Hence, I went and got 2 3u tk8000. Subsequently, I tried a 4u tk8000 and it was sooo nice! Without loss of power from overheads from a 3u to a 4u, it added defense. There's something to be said about increasing racket speed to generate power vs using weight of the racket as momentum to deliver power. I do hope that the tk9000 and tk6000 will work likewise for me in 4u...

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If you liked the TK8000 in 4U, you will like the TK9000 even more., I reckon.

We didn't get the TK8000 in 4U over here, and the 3U I tried I found slow and "lazy".

14. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    Ok, I'll have to consider my options then. I'm pretty sure a 4u zf2 would feel pretty nice considering the 3u already does. But I will consider the comments posted here lately... Thanks... now dilemma!

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    the opposite for me. I love my 3U TK6000

16. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

I seem to have a lot of problems posting on this site now.
    Could anyone compare the feeling of a 4u 9000 and a 3u mxjjs. My biggest fear about 4u's is that i wont be able to feel any head weight and lose that 'solid' feeling.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Seriously mate. The JJS head weight has little on the TK9000 or 6000. There's really a nice solid amount of head heavy on this racket :D

18. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    ch1k0, so you mean jjs is much head heavier than both tk6000 and tk9000?

19. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Not sure what he meant but the jjs is less head heavy than thrusters.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The Thruster 6000 and 9000 are far more head heavy than any Meteor.