Victor Jetspeed Series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Renmazuo27, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm last time I tried BG85. As far as I can remember.. Harder than both 65 and 850. Better tension holding than 850 but less than 65. Power in between 65 and 850. Control was hard to say but I think 850 still has the rougher coating.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Tks! Looks like I'll have to buy a pack off my friend to try next on this 8PS. :)

#602 visor, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Visor, you said you had eric measure your bp right? Was 295 the norm for balances or was it an outlier?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Iirc his measured range was 295-279mm.

Mine was 85.3/297.

5. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Thanks. I was hoping the range would be 290-300, darn.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

That's still within Eric's measurements.

But keep in mind, my 297 was 290 when he measured it, simply due to the double layer grip wrap.

7. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Visor, if the BG80 is giving you a better feel of the 8PS, I'd say stick with it. The BG85 has a slightly softer feel than the BG80, so it may give you the numb feel (not what you want)! But I feel it's easier to tap on the repulsive power of the BG85.

I'd say a livelier version of the BG80 is the VS850, and both are hard feeling strings, very nice, my type. :D
    I didn't observe any serious tension drop when I use the VS850, so for my current tension (26x27), I won't hesitate to use it. Just that current favorite is the BG85. :)

I don't like the Zymax 65. Too soft, and doesn't sound good. Just me I guess .... :D

#607 atypical, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Tks!......

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Well, if you find a racket a bit soft, put a hard string on it! Even amateurs like me know that :p

Still no JSP's here in Australia so I haven't had a chance to use one yet. Boo.

10. Elforado

Elforado Regular Member

Hi there fellow BCers, so i've just recently acquired 1x KRP coded JS 8 PS and 1x KRP coded JS 8 ST. I figured i'd share my thoughts on them. I tried to take a photo showing the codes, but my iphone camera just can't cut it. It also doesn't help that the code engravings are not as distinctly printed as on the regular (say TW or MY) coded versions - bear in mind I do not have any regular coded js8 rackets, and as such, the comparison of the code printing aspect is done relative to my other victor rackets.

This is not meant to be a comprehensive review, rather a relative comparison of the two. I don't have the exact specs for dry weight as the rackets came already strung and gripped. These are some of the thing i noted:

Both rackets strung with NBG98 @ 24x26lbs.

The PS has a bp that is almost 1cm higher than the ST.

ST has a longer handle and shorter shaft (~5mm)

Both rackets had similar overall weight (~0.5g difference)

PS has more power but but less feel/tactile feedback

feel of the ST is reminiscent to the Blue BS12 (which i still own), but swings lighter yet impacts more solidly

I did not experience the numb feel with the ST whereas is was slightly more discernible on the PS. That being said, both feel more responsive (from a tactile standpoint) than my arcsaber 11.

Overall i would have to agree with Ch1K0's observation in his review, that the 8ST seems to be the gem of the pair. It just has a special quality and feel to it, such that when you pick it up, you just want to keep playing with it.

Personally i felt it (ST) had better power than my BS12 blue as it is somewhat stiffer. It is a lot more solid and stable without that wet noodle feel after a big hit. It feels fractionally slower(even though it seems lighter) than the Bs12 when swung, but in a game, I do not notice it at all. In fact i actually think its slightly faster than the bs12 at the front of the court, possibly due to the added stiffness so the head doesn't lag as much. Sure it may not be nearly as powerful as the MX JJS (which i do own as well) when it comes to ultimate power, but with the ST i find that it is easy to continuously smash, and i actually have more time to prepare for the next smash given the shorter recovery necessary. Its like i have to worry less about shot timing and other technical-skills aspects of the game and can focus more on actually playing. As a result, i find myself able to execute shots that i previously would not have thought were possible for my skill level, and for the shots made under duress, the quality of the return (from me) was somewhat enhanced. Definitely none of that numbness was felt. The best way i can describe it is that i get sufficient power for penetration when required, yet plenty of speed and agility to boot. Personally, it is one of those rackets that maximizes your potential, and not vice versa.

For the 8ps on the other hand, there was a bit of that numbness as mentioned previously. However it's not so much that you can't feel the shuttle contact or control the shot. More like a really stable racket face. I find that with the PS, netplay is not its forte, but drives, powerplays, drops and such are its strengths. Power wise, i feel that it is on par with my JJS, if not just slightly below, in the case of regular smashes (which probably covers the majority of smashes performed in game). When it comes to all-out smashes, the JJS probably has more punch and perceived power. It is also stiffer than the ST by a noticeable bit, but definitely not as stiff as my MX JJS. I have a feeling that the shaft is actually stiffer than what is perceived when playing with it, yet none of the taxing characteristics associated with one are found. Whereas i would say the ST is special, i would think of the PS as.... interesting.

I have only had about 6 hours in total with both rackets, but i find that they are a unique pair. They do not feel like any braveswords i've personally tried (9,10,12,12N). All the victor rackets i've had/still currently own are 3U, with the exception of a 4U SW35. Whilst i wouldn't call them an upgrade from the bravesword series, I would say that i have no qualms about switching over once the bravesword line has been discontinued. Do keep in mind though that these are the krp coded versions, and as such, may or may not be an indication of the performance derived from the regular coded versions. Am planning to get a pair of the TW coded ones to compare.

#610 Elforado, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Think you could tell us the actual weight and balance points, or are you sworn to secrecy?

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I got a KRP 8ST recently. Feels more solid than the off the shelf. But same old crap numb feel. BP is taller though. 289mm wet with original grip gr233 and vs850 strung.

13. Elforado

Elforado Regular Member

Nah there's nothing secret about it, Maklike. Just that i don't really bother with the actual measurements.

That being said, both my KRP 8PS and 8ST were about 89g dry, at least according to the seller. Like i mentioned, they came strung and gripped. balance point for the ST is at 287mm and 297 for the PS. these bp measurements are taken considering the following: both rackets are strung, and have ac102ex overgrip over original grip.

Ch1k0, do you notice any difference in shaft length, or any other differences, between the regular 8ST and the krp 8ST?

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nah exact same mould like the other KRPs I've come in contact with. Well it's a bit more flexible due to the extra head weight other than that..I'm not sure lol...try ask something more specific.

15. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

I just got myself 8ST. Don't think anyone had mentioned this before, but the Jetspeed has a "oversize" head design. As i measured it with my Prince Oversize racket, the frame shape and size is exactly identical.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The frame size is like the BS 12. Larger than what you'd normally expect.

17. Zexceed

Zexceed New Member

Student
    Have you identified what racket is this? :( really need to know

18. tcgien

tcgien Regular Member

i just broke my bs lyd (yellow).
    thinking of getting PS or ST.

Need advice.
    ST
    more headlight? will it affect smashing
    since i was using LYD which has heavier head.

PS
    more balance weight
    but stiffer than ST?

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you like the LYD then I suggest going for the 8PS. From experience the 8PS is stiffer but also not as head heavy.

20. tcgien

tcgien Regular Member

I see.

If PS stiffer than LYD.
    My wrist is not too strong.
    so too stiff im worry defend cannot return a smash well.

ST spec seems OK to be.
    Only worry that head lighter give smashing less powerful.

i havent try out the racket at shop, just want to gather some opinion here 1st :p