2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Duhzzz

Duhzzz Regular Member

Is JP coded 4U as heavy as SP coded 3U?

2. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

There's no much difference in the weight for 4u Sp and 4u jp.

It's quite slight, though it can be felt.

But if you compare 3u SP to 4UJp, I would think the 3u will be heavier.

3. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

When I look at this racket reminds me of the legacy of Tron. lmao. Anyway I like how it looks but I havent tried it. Arcsabers are really friendly to my swings and nanospeed too, when I tried my gf's vt7 I never had a problem but then again its light so it makes no difference kinda, the thing delivers a pretty smash too. I want to play with head heavy and I guess this should be right choice, If this significantly improves my smash then I'd be happy if not lol I will never post in this forum again since I'm blaming this thread...lmao

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    No, no! :crying: We want you to very much continue posting on this forum! :)

Maybe you can give us your thoughts and feedback on the racquets you do use. ...as well as on many other things to do with badminton. It would be great to hear the point of view of an international player! :)

5. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

My current is a 3U G5 Victor Bravesword11 @ 30lbs nbg 99 Cosmic Gold. But I use many other brands like babolat,wilson and even a lightrr type yonex. Wilson being the cheapest, undesirable and heaviest 100g racquet. Despite the racket being cheap. It actually helps me enhance the adaptability of my hands and wrists strength. I dont think a head heavy stiff shaft racquet like this voltric will be bad for me. I am patient enough to work the racquet and not let the racquet work me.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

If you do get a VTZF2, consider the 4U, as the 3U would be much higher swing wt than your BS11.

7. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

Yeah the 4u is the only available in the shop too so I'm going for it.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The 3u swings pretty darn fast and with little effort, as well. It is head heavy, of course, but it plays impressively fast.

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I agree, although I've always used fairly "heavy weighted" rackets. The 3U Z-Force II is pretty much my "go to" racket now. It's quite light and fast feeling - makes me think that the 4U version would be way too "light".

But yes, I had both the 3U and 4U Z-Force I rackets, and I preferred the 3U. Sold my 4U.

10. edvine

edvine Regular Member

Same here i have sold my 4u version also.

11. santa.klaus

santa.klaus Regular Member

You guys, who tried 4U und 3U: Don't you think the 4U isn't that extreme stiff, like it's been promoted? I played the VT7 4U quiet a while and moved on to ZF2 4U some weeks ago. After playing several hours I don't find much difference in terms of flexibility of the ZF2 compared to the much cheaper VT7.

I expected to have more problems with ZF2 because it's supposed to demand better techniques and I play Badminton only for little more than 3 years now (but at least 3 times a week, with some coaching by a former national coach from time to time).

When I tried my friend's 3U version I noticed that it's quiet stiffer than my 4U.

12. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

This is a good racket. My arms and wrist never got tired but I guess it's because I constantly do wrist workouts that my wrist is strong enough to handle the racket's weight. But seriously I never felt it to be head-heavy. Again, this is a good racket. lol I said it again because I tried backhand crosscourt smash, a technique that I have been fond practicing but cant apply often at serious match, and among the rackets I use arcsaber11, bravesword11 and ns9900, this racket had pushed the shuttle over the net and in good speed. I will practice jump backhand smash with this racket and I hope this racket will make me do Taufik Hidayat style. haha. Overall I have no regret for owning a vtzf2. It;s a good racket. There I said it the third time. Rate 9.5/10 until I do perfect jump backhand smash. Then I give perfect rating. lol

13. Ace_Everything

Ace_Everything Regular Member

Hey guys, can anyone compare it with victor jjs? Thanks

14. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    How is the ZF II compared to the ZF I? I have a 3UG5 1st Gen and was wondering how big a difference there is, weight wise and shift stiffness. Also the swing and overall feel

15. Unleash

Unleash Regular Member

Basically if you really read the threads it is summed up below,

Power : ZF1 > ZF2
    Speed: ZF2 > ZF1
    Control: ZF1 = ZF2
    Sound: ZF1 > ZF2

16. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

It's because of the lightness of 4u's that makes you feel like that. People who strive for improvement will be wise to go for 3U's because these heavier rackets provides good work out to building a powerful wrist. I have played with different weights for 16 years, all rackets demand better timing and sufficient wrist strength not technique. Game demands better technique :)

#1456 Nova89, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  17. Unleash

Unleash Regular Member

I agree that it may be because of the lightness(5-10g) that make him feel "less stiff". However, in actual fact the structure of 4U & 3U DOES not differs.

Well, people that strive to improve not necessary needs a heavier racket. It all boils down to preference. There are many more effective ways to build your wrist strength and i believe getting a 3U(10g more at max) aint helping much. Moreover, wrist strength give u strength as much as technique(proper pronation/supination) grant you more power. And they all are both equally important. So your "better timing and sufficient wrist strength not technique. Game demands better technique" i beg to differ.

18. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

Ok I'll make my point simple. Playing with more weight is a good practice on strengthening wrist (does not necesarily mean you have to) compared to swinging lesser weight. This is a 3u vs 4u comparison on building wrist strength, not talking about other ways as I know there are other ways indeed.

Your technique vs my technique now.

Proper swing forms pronation and supination we have to learn but I dont consider as technique but rather ways to efficiently and effectively deliver retrns that every good badminton player have learned already. How to apply your pronation and supination at the right moment at the rigt speed, right force of swing - to play deceptive game or to put opponents under pressure is my technique.

#1458 Nova89, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  19. Unleash

Unleash Regular Member

Thanks for thrashing out your own "technique" explanation and elaboration.

In order not to misled others or us comprehending your words wrongly, you should have explain like what you do in your last post. Everyone has their perspective and thus views are really subjective.

20. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

You're welcome. I knew I had to and probably have to let you know as well that in my level of play supination and pronation are basics and not techniques anymore.....

and I'm pretty sure I made my point clear on the post earlier than the previous one.
    Really glad you know.

#1460 Nova89, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014